Dr. Oliver Gregory MD Patient Reviews

• Psychiatry Chattanooga, TN

3.8

November 18th, 2016
pill pusher extrodinaire. very unhelpful . he said I had no say in my treatment. never go to him.

May 14th, 2015
TOO FOCUSED ON COMPUTER AND NOT WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU. SEEMS UNCARING. PRESCRIBES AND DIAGNOSES FAIRLY ACCURATELY THOUGH.

February 16th, 2015
Exceeds every Dr. I have visited regarding my diagnosis and is very understanding of my needs.

April 3rd, 2014
MA
THE DR AND STAFF WERE NICE AND CONSIDERATE TO ALL MY NEEDS AS A NEW PT. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND THEM TO EVERYONE

January 7th, 2014
Excellent doctor
This is the ONLY psychiatrist that I have ever been to who doesn't think that drugs are always the answer or that more drugs are better. He has treated my bipolar disorder for years and suggested some non-Rx solutions as well as the one drug that has no side effects for me. He is personable without being too chummy. He keeps up with medical studies and knows a lot about many conditions. My husband recently started going to him on the recommendation of his therapist and the results for him have been nothing short of amazing. I don't understand the negative reviews either. It seems that everyone goes to doctors expecting some preconceived experience and if his doesn't conform to what they have already decided, I can see why they just want more drugs. He is excellent in his field and I would (and have) recommended him.

August 29th, 2013
Nothing but good for this DR
I have been seeing Dr Gregory for years, he is compassionate and keeps up with all the "trends". I can not believe all these negative reviews, and all I can think of is he will not dispense drugs on demand. I highly recommend Dr Gregory. My only complaint, and this is with all Doctors, if my appointment is at 1:00, I am hoping to be seen at 1:00!!!

January 28th, 2012
The worst dr ever.
Rude, Rude, Rude. Awful. The worst. Dont ever see him or send a family member to see him. Awful. Completely incompentent.Office visit after terrible traumatic event. Made a bad situation worse and had to find another, thankfully good dr. Dont dare send your family or kids to him. The staff was ok, but I gave one star so he would have the very worst rating possible.

August 24th, 2011
Dr. Gregory is a compassionate Doctor who wants to "fix" his patients, not hand out drugs for abusers.
I was referred to Dr. Gregory after my anxiety was completely out of control. My previous Doctor had me on Xanax and Lexapro. After my second seizure my doctor came to the conclusion that is was from xanax withdrawal. Before both seizures, I had stopped taking xanax for three days because I ran out of it. My current Dr. at the time said I needed further help from a Psychiatrist, not just a general practitioner. Dr. Gregory tapered me off from xaxax, while starting me on Klonopin. He also increased my Lexapro from 10mg to 20. I can't tell you how much better I feel since the prescription change. I can't believe how many negative comments I saw on here about Dr. Gregory. He is very anti-xanax, but as he explained to me, xanax is very addictive, and you build a tolerance to it, and continue to need more. It can also cause seizures if you stop taking it depending on your level of anxiety. Klonopin is more of a time released drug so you don't get an instant high (which some people seek from xanax,) but klonopin controls your anxiety better without fear of addiction or other side effects. I hope this helps others who experience similar health problems.

July 12th, 2011
Pusherman
I hope he is getting a kickback for the klonopin dealers, because despite my bad reactions & increasing tolerance, he continues to push it. When I became nonfunctional, he wouldn't even let me finish listing my symptoms, of which I had written down in an effort to help him help me. He argues with me, continues to bounce me from anti-depressant to anti-depressant coupled with klonopin (I'm not depressed, I have severe anxiety) and I have found it unable to continue to see him.

September 14th, 2010
The Angry Psychiatrist
Don't disagree with his diagnosis, prognosis or prescriptions. He is never wrong, so don't cross him. He showered me with rudeness, rage and humilation at one of the lowest and darkest times of my life. I was fragile and ready to melt down, and he helped. He should be a bouncer at a night club. He has all the talents needed for such a job. He does not deserve to be in psychiatry.