Internist, Hospice & Palliative Specialist

best doctor in the world show details best doctor in the world
by RoxAnne Robinson on Mar 25th, 2014

Caring compassionate knowledgeable doctor. Love him to pieces.

great dr show details great dr
by Eric Coffman on May 26th, 2013

I had a failed spinal fusion and it took many doctors before I found Dr.Hearndon.He treated me like a paitient from start till his arrest.I hope he gets out and does the same thing he did before.HELP PEOPLE with chronic pain. A great man in in my book.Good luck at getting help from any pain clinic.Everyone is afraid to write an rx to help you because they had to make an example of him.My prayers are with you Doctor.

you new what u were going for and thats y u went mal practice bull crap show details you new what u were going for and thats y u went mal practice bull crap
Nov 28th, 2012

There was nothing wrong with this man he was compationate and cared about his patiants yes he may of over prescribed, but he actually helped,and cared and my prayers go out to his family and him you helped me and my grandfather and i have actually been black balled from physcians for this and its unfair you are and will allways be a wonderful doctor.Thank you

he deserves whatever he gets show details he deserves whatever he gets
Mar 19th, 2012

I was a patient of this Dr for more than 2 years. In the beginning he was a good Dr but for about a year now things changed. His office became packed with young people with no signs of injury or health condition. They all where there getting opanas oxycodone and xanax in high doses. I confronted the Dr about this and he assured me he was doing nothing wrong and was not under investagation. I'm paralyzed and now no Dr or pain clinic will help me because i was his patient. I call them and they tell me they do not take his patients whether I need help or not.

Arrested show details Arrested
Mar 12th, 2012

In case there are any legitimate patients looking at these reviews like I did, this doctor has been arrested on federal charges of illegally distributing oxycodone and oxymorphone. There were pharmacists who testified & undercover agents who obtained the drugs without any exam. His DEA license has been revoked. So, if you truly need an internist in this area, be advised.

Miracle Worker show details Miracle Worker
Feb 25th, 2012

I have been to several pain specialist, this doctor was the only one who actually listened to me and did not try sticking me with pins or injections. I have never felt such relief in my lower back and spine. He is a great caretaker and man and wish him the best in all he does and future endeavors.

Feb 16th, 2012

HE DID NOT HAVE TIME TO TALK TO ME ABOUT MY DIEING WIFE. HIS STAFF SAID HE'S BUSYHE SEEN /- 85 PATIENTS FROM 10 AM TO 4 PM SIMPLE MATH WOULD BE HE SAW A PATIENT EVERY 3 MINS. IT'S HARD TO SAY HELLO & GOODBYE IN 3 MINS. HIM & HIS STAFF WOULDNOT EVEN RATE A ZERO IN MY BOOKS. ALL HEWAS INTERESTED IS WRITING SCRIPS. HE MAY NEED TO SEE A DR. FOR CARPAL TUNNEL. DOCTOR HE IS NOT ALL THE DOCTOR'S I'VE SEEN FOR MYSELF & FAMILY MEMBERS HAD TIME TO DISCUSS WHAT EVER THE PROBLEM WAS. A DOCTOR HE IS NOT.

love dr.nerndon show details love dr.nerndon
Feb 16th, 2012

i have been seeing nim for 6 years. he nas nothjng but my respect

How hard is it to take new pat. i,n people need his help show details How hard is it to take new pat. i,n people need his help
Jan 24th, 2012

I too called and explaied that me and my family would like to move to this office. I was refer to this office from a website and was told we are on a waiting list but with no luck was told thing change and hes not taking new people. So i dont understand why a limit.

Jan 8th, 2012

i talked to dr herndon and thought he understood my problem and he told me that since i told him everything he would help me wrote me a script didnt take my blood pressure he was in there for two minutes set appt one month later i went in only to be let go from his practice from a nurse and i said but we talked and they said he would not see me, not that any pharmacy would feel his scripts in a 100 mile radiace

My Family Doctor for 10 years show details My Family Doctor for 10 years
Nov 22nd, 2011

Dr. Herndon is CARING and great at diagnosing you with REAL PROBLEMS. Drug seekers try and con him but guess what, hes hip to you all. There are extensive drug screenings that measure the level of meds in your urine, your DNA, cratine, and at least tests for 12-15 different drugs and if you take your meds right and nothing illegal why worry? It is pricy to have the labs done. I LOVE Dr. Herndon and will continue to go to him even if my insurance wont cover him anymore. Thank you for making a functional working professional that has 2 children and a doctorate degree. He treat people with REAL issues.

Oct 24th, 2011

ive seen 4 different dr. all tell me what i have is irrevesible but yet did nothing to help me . i am aware that i cant be fixed but atleast help me deal with everyday living . thank you for taking your time with me doc.

Great dr show details Great dr
Oct 14th, 2011

I had 3 appts with Dr Herndon. I really liked him. I was so relieved I had finally found a dr that cared about me and genuinely loved what he was doing. =) The staff is not friendly at all. It feels like they look for reasons to get you thrown out. They do seem super busy, so I can understand there attitudes. On my 3rd visit I was told that there was cocaine found in my urine. (IMPOSSIBLE) I sat there in shock and I kept saying How?? Thats impossible. I am no drug addict or narcotic seeker. I would love to have a chance to speak to the dr. I would not recomment him anymore because if this could happen to me, then it could happen to anyone. Even though he is a great dr, I think there is some problems in the office somewhere. Evidently there was an error made and I got punished. Wouldn't wish this on anyone.

CONFUSEDP show details CONFUSEDP
Sep 20th, 2011

I have been seeing Dr. Herndon for the past 5 months and have had no problems...I actually really liked him as a physician. Now, after being given my monthly refills on my prescriptions that I receive from him I have been told by several local pharmacies that they will not fill any prescriptions from him. I can't get in touch with him through his office and when a woman did answer the phone I was rudely told it wasn't their problem if I couldn't get my prescriptions filled. That confused me. How is it not the doctor's problem that a patient is being told they can't get a medication, prescribed by him as being necessary, filled? Has anyone else had this problem with this doctor? I guess I will be having to find a new primary care physician. Seems like there is something fishy going on with this practice.

He is a great dr, w/ a great bedside manner, listens to you, oc show details He is a great dr, w/ a great bedside manner, listens to you, oc
Sep 15th, 2011

Who ever is spreading RUMORS about him is very rude, You are obvisly are trying to give him!! Please knock it off!! You have caused enough trouble.

by CAROLINE JOHNSON on Sep 12th, 2011

I DON'T ACTUALLY BELIEVE ANY OF THOSE SO CALLED REVIEWS FROM DOCTORS ARE TRUE, BECAUSE I DON'T BELIEVE YOU CAN GET THROUGH MEDICAL SCHOOL WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO SPELL AND CORRECTLY CONJUGATE VERBS.

Narcotic depot show details Narcotic depot
Sep 10th, 2011

write rx's for high level narcotics for anyone at any time

Good Doctor show details Good Doctor
Jul 19th, 2011

Dr. Herndon is very intelligent, has a good bedside manner and his staff are welcoming and professional. Wait time is usually under 20 minutes to be seen when you are on time for an appointment. I usually trust Dr. Herndon's medical judgement, and particular strengths of his are his organizational skills, ease in explaining complex medical issues to patients and their families, providing good references to outstanding specialists, listening to his patients and advocating for their medical needs, and following up on respective specialist recommendations. He is usually respectful of patient families and alternative therapies, although I suspect that if a family is aggressively confrontational or combative, he avoids them. When I found out how many facilities he directs, I was astounded that this man has as much time in his private practice with patients as he does! Paperwork follow through is not a strength of this office, nor are staff callbacks, so if you need anything after hours or to have papers filled out, you will usually have a considerable wait and may have to provide staff with repeated reminders via phone calls. Recently, they got a new system to field calls, and this has, in my opinion, degraded the relationships he has worked hard to build. The internet is no substitute for talking to the doctor and at least the former after hours call service got messages and responses through to the respective parties and the doctor. I do however, like the fact that you can reach the doctor directly via internet with questions and requests.

GREAT DOCTOR show details GREAT DOCTOR
Jul 13th, 2011

THIS DOCOR IS A CARING AND PASSIONATE INDIVIDUAL.HE ACCUALLY SITS A LISTENS TO MY PROBLEMS FOR AS LONG AS I NEED.

Highly recommended show details Highly recommended
by Susan Davis McIntosh on May 7th, 2008

Dr. Herndon is everything a person could want in a doctor -- professional, caring, patient, and brilliant. He has helped me go from weeks away from dying to near-perfect health. He has had to refer me to several specialists over the years and has always steered me to the best doctor for each condition. I have no question that he truly cares about my health and wants me to live a good, long life.