Dr. Oliver James II MD Patient Reviews

3.2

January 9th, 2017
Dr. James is very good until you have a run in with his completely rude and uncaring PA(s). Don't waste your time unless you need more narcotics.
BAD DEAL

January 8th, 2017
Very caring dr. Staff rude

February 4th, 2016
Charges $4000.00 for a urine lab test.

December 5th, 2015
1st visit was detailed and took awhile, we went thru history with a fine tooth comb. all past doctors, meds, and procedures were discussed. 2nd visit was quicker and through, 3rd was fast but competent. all details and concerns were discussed.

November 20th, 2015
Great staff. Dr James and Brian the PA are intelligent and have an arsenal of tools to help. They don't want to just give you a hand full of meds and send you on your way. The use medicine and other options to promote your wellbeing.

July 8th, 2015
Policies stink.
The only problem I had was there office policy. They call you on a random day to come in for a pill count. If you don't answer the phone on the day they call they leave a message to come in for a pill count. If your not at home when they call and you return their call the next day, they discharge you as a patient. No excuse is accepted. No matter how legit your excuse is. That is a poor policy for the patient.

April 8th, 2015
Very Open minded doctor!
I was extremely anxious about meeting this new doctor and staff. In my years of meeting Pain Mgmt. Doctors one thing is for certain it can go south quick! To my surprise Dr. James was very kind and was very open minded! I was so thankful that he was interested in a treatment plan that would work for me. He is point blank and I really like that about him ! The staff was outstanding . If you are looking for confident doctor ..... Well you have found one in him !

March 20th, 2015
Great doctor!
Dr. James and his staff went above an beyond my expectations! He took his time and explained, step by step, what he was doing during my procedure! I found no ego issues, just a man confident in his ability to help others. Highly recommend Dr. James!

March 28th, 2014
This dr is the most uncaring physician that I've ever dealt with. His nurses are the same. non-caring. They herd people in and out like cattle. Dr James' ego is soo huge, that there's not enough room in the offices for him, me and my spouse. He honestly couldn't care less what your problems are. He is only looking at $$.

January 20th, 2014
would not recommend dr james
The staff is very rude and hard to speak with the nurses. Seems everything was such a fight with his office to get medicine change, appointment, review of medical test. He is very rough when it comes to the injections and was always in big hurry and never allowed time for anesthesia to take affect before giving the injection. He nor his staff seem to care what me as a patient had to say, they just care aboit what they have to say. My disability was taken away partly because Dr. James would not respond to inquiries.

December 5th, 2013
Exceptional Service
I was referred to Doc James after being a patient at another PM center in Lexington, Ky for over a year and had not been able to see my regular PM doc for over 9 months. (( Without seeing your regular doctor, it is hard to get meds adjusted or changed if your body is not accepting them well; one of my meds made me nauseous and included more vomiting than I was comfortable with.)) Anyway, after not seeing my doc for the 9 months, my PCP gave me a referral to see Doc James. It took a month and a half for my first visit but it was well worth the wait! Doc James sat down with me and asked more questions than the ones I answered in the "BOOK" prior to seeing him (Not an actual book, lol, it is a packet they send you before your first visit in order to establish a medical background)... He did not simply ask me the same questions that I answered in the packet, he actually read those and asked more so that he could get a better understanding of what was going on. I really felt like he wanted to help me and he has. Both Doc James and his assistant (I am sorry but I forgot his name, I have only seen him one time) are very caring, understanding and 'get down to the problem' doctors. The office personnel is also very professional and helpful. The waiting area is clean, the exam rooms are well stocked and clean and there is virtually no waiting time, granted you are on time for your appointment. My problems: I endured a collapsed disc back in 2008 from a Harley mishap. In 2011 I had a lumbar fusion. Within a year, the cage that was inserted between my vertebrae had shifted 50% to the left and is severely 'impinging' on the nerve coming from L5. This alone causes severe 24/7 pain from my back down to my second and third toes. Both of my Ulnar Nerves (elbows) are damaged (EMG results) which causes horrific pain from my elbows down the underside of my forearm to my pinkie and ring fingers, and the base of my thumb; this is NOT constant. I also suffer from Fibromyalgia (mostly causes pain my inside ankles, in/outside knee area, outside hip 'fatty' areas, shoulders, neck, thighs, causes morning headaches and I vomit frequently as well) and Inflammatory Poly-arthritis (Autoimmune disease with symptoms indicative of Rheumatoid Arthritis, with little to no deformity), this causes excruciating pain in my fingers, toes, knees, hips and elbows.

December 2nd, 2013
Great Dr and staff
Very please with Dr. James...very nice, very through, and his staff is great too...yes I would recommend him if your looking for an honest dr..