Olubayo Idowu MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Desoto, TX

• Good
  • Bad

June 10th, 2017
THIS DOCTOR HAS BEEN SEEING ME FOR A WHILE. HE CLOSED HIS PRACTICE FOR A SHORT TIME, SO I WENT TO ANOTHER DR. SINCE BEING BACK HE HAS TOLD ME WHAT I NEED TO DO, BUT I DIDN'T FOLLOW HIS PLAN FOR MY TREATMENT . NOT HIS FAULT, ITS MINE. HE HAS BEEN MORE THAT FAIR WITH HELPING ME GET BACK ON TRACK. MY AIC WAS OFF THE CHART. I THANK HIM FOR CARING ABOUT MY HEALTH AND WELL BEING. I DON'T THINK IT'S FAIR FOR AN INSURANCE COMPANY TO SAY HE IS NOT A GOOD DOCTOR OR NOT TO SEND HIM PEOPLE WITH DIABETES BECAUSE OF MY OWN NEGLECT. THANK YOU DR O. IDOWU FOR BEING SO INFORMED TO WHAT TREATMENT I NEED.

August 26th, 2015
Good and the bad
He is very brusque. He makes quick decisions, which is consistent with someone who had practiced medicine as long as he has. However, his communication with me was very brief, and he prescribed treatment without telling me the diagnosis. I had to ask, which doesn't seem like it should be necessary. He is also inflexible in his opinion; again he is experienced so this can be good with regard to a diagnosis, but if you feel a different treatment than he suggests would suit you better you may have a fight on your hands. I have not had reason to switch providers, but it has crossed my mind.

March 16th, 2015
He's not there to be your friend.
Very to the point. No wasted effort, but attention was on computer, not me.

September 13th, 2011
Excellent Bedside manner
Dr Idowu responded well to all my symptoms he showed empathy, I followed all his counseling and am glad I visited him. Thank you

October 16th, 2009
This guys is all about his money
His bedside manners are horrible. He was having a conversation on his cell phone while he was attending to my father. And he did not follow up on my father's elevated PSA level. He told us to just leave it alone because 90% of black men will have a high PSA anyway. I sought a second opinion and I'm glad I did. My father had prostrate cancer. Thanks to Dr Lightfoot at Presby Plano, my dad is alive today.
Doctor's Response

I am doubtful this patient really knows who I am. I don't discuss money with patient. About the PSA issue in the elderly people, I usually give general info on importance of elevated PSA in the elderly patients , and gives patient and their family the option of seeking further opinion. I receive all hospital, nursing home, and pharmacy calls on my cell phone and I must respond to them at all times.

May 2nd, 2017