Dr. Olufunmilayo Onobrakpeya MD Patient Reviews

2.9

• Good
  • Bad

May 2nd, 2017
I would rather go untreated that return to Dr. Ono!!!!
I have been seeing dr ono since I was first diagnosed with a thyroid problem. And every time she has been cold, rude, and uncaring. She has a HORRIBLE bedside manor, and belittles you. I had to reschedule an appointment and she told me 'if you can't keep your appointments I don't want to see you' I cancelled with plenty of notice- unfortunately sometimes things come up. I would rather remain untreated than go back to her. (I will find another Endo.)

January 19th, 2017
Staff are cold and unhelpful
When i needed help getting a prescription moved over to another pharmacy, and was told my doctor had to call to have it moved they wouldn't call for me, i was without my thyroid medicine for weeks until I could find a new endocrinologist to see and start the process over with. Dr. Ono is knowledgeable, but brisk and lacks bedside manor. You can tell they only care about making money, and not the patients.

February 2nd, 2016
I have been seeing Dr Ono for a few years now. Up to this point I have had no problem. Recently I called the office for a refill. I told the receptionist that I was totally out of my insulin. It took me 2 weeks to get that refill!! I called the pharmacy every day and then the doctors office. Each time I called they said " it is on the her desk" or "we are faxing it now". I complained to the office manager and got responses like "we're sorry" I understand why you are upset" etc. There is no acceptable excuse for an endocrinologist to leave a diabetic without insulin for 2 weeks. Thinking about not going back.

September 29th, 2015
Caring and careful - what more do you want?
I found Dr. Ono very personable and easy to work with. She's thorough and direct. I really liked Dr. Phillips, too, but Dr. Ono is doing a great job. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone needing an endocrinologist.

March 25th, 2014
No respect for her patients
I called regarding my blood work that I had questions that the nurse could not answer and that was over 5 days ago . Still she has not called me back. I feel very sorry for Dr. Phillips - his reputation as a good Doctor will go out the door with her working with him. I am lucky that I am not ready to die anytime soon. For someone who worked in the health field with many doctors she should not be one.

November 12th, 2010
She will never ever lay eyes on me again
I can't call her Dr. Ono because she didnt treat me like a human. I got sick in her office and she got out of her and to me my paper will be out front. and me blood sugar had drop down to 40. Only the girl scheduling my next appt notice I was sick. After I was able to walk out of the office Olufunmilayo did not even follow up on me. My advice is be a fool and make your next visit.

April 26th, 2017