Dr. Olumuyiwa Joshua Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Olumuyiwa Joshua?

March 6th, 2017

Bad customer service

I was turned away because of no referral. It says right on my ins. card "no referral required" but she argued with me a referral was required. I called my ins. Co. and they said no referral is required. he talked with her and she argued with him nd hung up on him.

April 21st, 2016

EXCELLENT LUNG CARE PHYSICIAN!

Been a patient of Dr Joshua for over 5yrs. He listens, he cares, he explains and tells it like it is. It took us a few visits to warm up to each other but I could tell from the onset that he knew his area of expertise. Wouldn't trust my lungs to anyone else. My last PFT was lower than previous and he displayed genuine concern.

January 26th, 2016

Nurse has no clue about nursing!! Will not return!!

November 7th, 2015

Husband of patient

Doctor has been very helpful in the past. Prior rating would be a 5. But the office has been closed for two weeks with no explanation. Answering service just answers call but does not know why office is closed. No note on office window. Wife is sick so we are looking for a new doctor. Very, very disappointed in the lack of communication to patients that depend on his potential life saving expertise. I will communicate in Donald Trump's words "you are fired"

November 6th, 2015

The office staff are not knowledgeable and are very rude & uncaring. They never call you back and the doctor is always late, then comes in and see you for about 3minutes!!! The girl that takes your blood pressure Dionna is not even a certified medical anything. Trust me go elsewhere!!

August 8th, 2015

Insufficient info on sleep test would get additional info and call back next day with results, been a week no callback. Not Medicare approved. Now getting bills not paid for by Medicare. Provider not eligible per Medicare should have not submitted claim.

January 7th, 2015

wonderful doctor did all the medical test and no guessing

June 24th, 2014

Not Happy with Dr. and Office Staff

Dr Joshau asked to call him if I need him when I get sick. I called him when I had an emergency in Va and needed something for a bad cough and sinus problem and no one called me back or called the Pharmacy. I went to Va sick and got help at a pharmacy in Newport News. I am no longer a patient of Dr. Joshua .I was very disappointed in the practice .I understand that other patients have had the same problems.

December 13th, 2013

Intelligent but "unavailable"

Dr O.J. is a smart guy. He is a nice person. That's not the problem. He and/or his staff have been extremely nice but inadequate in communicating instructions to the patient , their family or the pharmacy. The field of pulmonary medicine has many elderly patients who get confused easily and need clear instructions. On every question we have had, such as how to even use an inhaler, instructions for follow-up care, etc., no one even called us back. At our office visits, he has communicated vaguely and we were often left confused. He seems to have no patience with patients. After a brief time in an O.V., he seems to get impatient or antsy and you get the message he's done. Usually the front desk is about as informed as the patient and accompanying relative. I would definitely not recommend this physician until he becomes more well-rounded in patient care. What good is all his knowlege if he doesn't convey vital information to the patient? We don't want to be unkind, we are just frustrated.

November 7th, 2013

Great doctor. He saved my life.

October 6th, 2012

LUNG PROCEDURE REVIEW

DOCTOR WAS VERY NICE IN OFFICE AND HAD AN ATTITUDE OF CARING. ALSO IN PROCEDURE ROOM HE SEEMED TO CARE. I REALLY LIKED HIM. BUT I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THE DOCTOR'S LACK OF EXPERTISE IN PERFORMING A BRONCHO-SCOPE. I WAS IN PAIN & IN DISTRESS, COULD NOT BREATHE WHILE TUBE DOWN MY THROAT. I.V. PAIN MEDS NOT STRONG! SHOULD HAVE HAD AN ANESTHESIOLOGIST AVAILABLE TO PUT ME TO SLEEP. AND WHAT WAS MORE DISTRESSING TO ME WAS THAT DR. JOSHUA DID NOT ACKNOWLEDGE TO ME HOW LOUSY THE PROCEDURE TURNED OUT! IF ONLY HE HAD TAKEN RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS LACK OF EXPERIENCE AS TO HOW TO HANDLE THE EXISTING PROCEDURE PROBLEM. JUST TOO BAD THAT HE DROPPED THE BALL AT THE MOST CRITICAL TIME. BECAUSE OF THIS SITUATION I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND HIM. HE NEEDS A LITTLE MORE EXPERIENCE WITH HANDLING PROBLEMS DURING LUNG PROCEDURES.

June 18th, 2012

Good Doctor!

Dr Joshua is a no nonsense doctor. If you are looking for a doctor you can laugh and joke with then this is not the doctor for you. However; if you want a doctor who aims to get to the root of your problem, talk facts, and personally return your calls, Dr Joshua is exactly what you need. His goal is not to win a popularity contest but to take excellent care of his patients.