Dr. Olusola Akindele Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Olusola Akindele?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 1st, 2014

CONFRONTATIONAL!!!!!

I met with Dr. Akindele at the North Park Urgent Care on Monday Sept 1st for an ankle injury from a week prior that was not getting better. My husband took me to have it examined because it was a holiday and we couldn't see our family doctor and I was I a lot of pain. When Dr. Akindele entered the exam room, where an EXAM should took place he only looked at my ankle, asked where it hurt and suggested an X-ray. He did not physically examine me. When he returned from reading the X-ray he said that there was no break or fracture that he could see but that a radiologist would have the final say. He said he did not know why my ankle is hurting and that we should keep it wrapped, take anti inflammatories (which we had knew we had been doing for the past week) and to see our family doc or a podiatrist. When my husband repeated back to him he was advising us to do when we left, he became very confrontational saying that he could "read between the lines" of what my husband was saying and that my husband was insulting him. When my husband reassured him that that was not his intention he only shook his head no and said "Yes you are and I've been in this game for 35 years". When my husband said no one is questioning your experience he stated "yes you are and you it's insulting". The doctor was the one who argumentatively threw out how many years of experience he had. My husband again said he just wanted to be clear and repeated the Dr's advice - wait for X-ray results, stay off of the ankle and see someone else, at which point the Dr agreed. He agreed to the same thing my husband said earlier that OFFENDED HIM SO MUCH in the beginning. So we basically paid for an X-ray, an "I don't know what is wrong with your ankle", see another provider and continue doing what we had already been doing for the past 6 days. I left with no idea when I would get the X-ray results, no attempt at a diagnosis, no treatment and a whole lot of UNPROFESSIONALISM! I had to ask the receptionist for an ace bandage as I was hobbling out. OH and if I wanted 2 bandages that will be an additional $4. Since when does it take 35 years of medical experience to suggest an x-ray and send you to another physician?

February 23rd, 2013

saw him for my crrohns disease flare up

he was very patient and understanding and he joked to try to cheer me up and he was extremely skilled and checked everything over very throughly. He worked with me to work out wat plan of action he could take and we decided on the plan that was best for me. I would see him again any day.

July 26th, 2016