A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Omar Awais:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Omar Awais is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Awais
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Awais Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Omar Awais, DO, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Awais graduated from New York Institute of Technology, Old Westbury. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Awais has 11 hospital affiliations:
- UPMC Passavant
- UPMC McKeesport
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Omar Awais DO and MD is a male Surgeon, has 14 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Omar Awais practice?
- Dr. Omar Awais has 1 office location.
Dr. Omar Awais practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Pittsburgh, PA.
See Pittsburgh Surgeons and Pittsburgh Cardiothoracic Surgeons.