Dr. Omar Colon Gutierrez MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 27th, 2016
Teacher
After consulting several physicians of different specialties, Dr. Colon was the only one that was able to diagnose my condition accurately and during my first visit with him. In fact, as soon as I had my consult he sent me directly to the hospital for an emergency surgery. It was that bad.. Dr. Colón saved my life and I will be forever grateful for that.

January 2nd, 2016
Dr. Colon was incredibly kind and compassionate towards me in every aspect of my care. I was released yesterday from Healthsouth Rehab Hospital in Plano and I honestly owe him so much gratitude for listening and relieving me from horrible pain that exhausted me and essentially robbed me of time with my family. I was treated for an MS exacerbation and arrived at the hospital terrified after a few days spent at Baylor Garland. Dr. Colon went directly to work to help me get stabilized and comfortable. I feel better equipped to handle my condition and more importantly, I feel I have a doctor who understood what I am experiencing and is committed to helping me as a partner in my care. I can't say enough about the experience I had that would convey my gratitude. He's truly committed to caring for the patients he treats.

June 10th, 2015
Outstanding service and a very compassionate physician

July 2nd, 2013
Great Rehab and doctor
My father received rehabilitation at Healthsouth Plano and we had a wonderful experience. The staff was kind and helped us find a new normal for my dad and our family. Dr Colon was wonderful and very caring and attentive to my fathers needs, We received excellent training on how to care for him and my father regained his independence. We owe so much to Healthsouth Plano and we will forever remember the true guardians that lifted us in a difficult time. We would recommend this hospital to any family that needs rehabilitation.

August 28th, 2012
He is one of a kind doctor!
Dr. Colon is a very passionate physician. He makes you feel that he really cares about you. It is very rare to find physicians like him now days. Thanks to his care, I had been able to go back to work!!

September 30th, 2010
Dr. Colon is a very fine, assertive and compassionate doctor. He took a really good care of me at the hospital. He was always available in person or over the phone to answer my daughter's questions in regrads to my progress.

January 23rd, 2010
Dr. Colon saved my life.... He is thr only doctor that has ever spent the time needed with me regardless of the "schedule". I dont understand the other ratings for Dr. Colon because he has saved my life by diagnosing mr correctly when the other doctors I had been seeing for 6 years almost killed me Dr. Colon came from heaven and saved my life.

September 11th, 2009
Shady billing practices
At first impression, Dr. Colon seems very energetic and caring. I'm sure he is a fine doctor, but the Physician Assistant was my "life-line" during my rehab hospitalization. She saw me on a daily basis and managed all medical issues. Dr. Colon occasionally high-fived me in the hallway. The insurance company also paid him very well for all his "hard and diligent" work. My thanks go to his physician assistant!

March 21st, 2009
Dr. Colon submitted questionable charges to my insurance company and was paid handsomely. He claims he administered Physical therapy to me on a certain date and on that date I was unconscious in an ICU unit after being in a car accident.If a person is not conscious how can a doctor administer physical therapy???????He was paid over $4,000.00 by my insurance company and when I complained to them they said they did not care.But I care.

January 6th, 2017