Dr. Omar El Abd Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Omar El Abd?

Posted on May 25th, 2017

From "frowns" to "smiles"; intervention that works! Thank you Dr. El-Abd, CNP Loreli Dwyer and staff Belmont, MA

patient

Posted on November 22nd, 2015

...marvelous, remarkable, incredible...there are no words to thoroughly describe his pain relief / management intervention; I highly recommend - without reservations - Dr. Omar El-Abd!

Posted on October 7th, 2015

He provides comfort of skill and compassion to those who are in serious pain. He also provides realistic hope that it won't always be this way.

Posted on September 15th, 2015

Excellent Experience all around - highly recommend!

One of the Best spine providers

Posted on August 7th, 2015

The first time I saw Dr. El Abd he was very warm and inviting. He asked me a few questions, pulled up my scans and went through what everything meant. Then he did an exam, and helped me when I needed assistance walking. On a scale of 1-10 my pain was 9. He was the first doctor, after 10 plus years of dealing with this that gave me a clear diagnosis, and explained it to me. He also explained it can be treated. We discussed a plan and less than 2 weeks the plan started. He also said trying hot yoga could assist in helping getting my muscles stronger. It did. I now live in the Boston area, but I refused to find a new spine doctor in my area. Dr. El Abd knows what he is doing, I trust him.

very disappointing

Posted on July 23rd, 2015

Arrogant, dismissive, asked questions but didn't listen to answers as he repeated many. Predictably, recommended injections for my issue even though no doctor before (or since) suggested I had a facet joint problem. He simply dismissed all the prior doctors as wrong, and commented that he was shocked none of them had seen it his way. Could not even explain his diagnosis to me, other than to say it had to be something. Did not return. My impression -- he recommends injections to most people. To someone with a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Posted on March 27th, 2015

He listens to me ad always sits down so that we are eye to eye.

Posted on February 27th, 2015

Wonderful dr. Has relieved my chronic pain. Could not ask for a more pleasant and caring person

A bad experience

Posted on October 25th, 2014

I couldn't believe how Dr. El Abd bungled by low back pain issues. I have had successful injections to manage my pain, but after my previous spine dr retired, I was referred to him. I was in more pain after his poor injection technique than I have ever been in my life. in the weeks after, in great pain, I was offered meds, more meds, then meds on top of that. I would be an addict if I took all these RX meds. When confronted with the fact that I was worse off than before his injection, I was told that wasn't possible, that I was that bad off before, and that it was a normal reaction. It is NOT normal to have to get a cane and a handicap placard at age 40 AFTER a steroid injection. My previous injections from a skilled doctor left me 100% pain free within 24 hrs. He has good reviews on here, so this might be an isolated case, but it needs to be said.

A True Provider

Posted on February 21st, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. el Abd for 5 years. I was referred to him when I had excrutiating back pain and could not walk. He was like a miracle healer. After a thorough diagnosis he gave me a series of exray guided spinal injections that allowed me to walk pain free and carry on with my life. I have seen him for other pain issues as well. He is compassionate, highly skilled and makes you feel as though you are his only patient.

Posted on January 8th, 2014

Was recommended to Dr. El Abd several months ago by my surgeon. After 3 spinal injections over a 2 month period pain was improved significantly.

Posted on December 20th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. El Abd for nearly 10 years. He is remarkably caring, authentically friendly, compassionate and respectful. In other words Dr. El Abd is a true "care provider". His expertise in physical medicine, spine and nerve conditions is outstanding. He has followed my degenerative spine conditions and chronic pain with appropriate best practices. I highly recommend him.