Psychiatrist

1705 Colonial Blvd
Ste B1
Fort Myers, FL 33907
239-278-7788
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  Drug pusher  |  show details
by Concerned Parent on Nov 18th, 2013

Dr. Reiche is quick to play along with any schools unprofessional opinion that a child may have exhibited any so called "symptoms" of ADD/ADHD. If a parent is looking to drug their child with the hope that they will be more compliant, he will gladly write the scripts, regardless of the long term detriment to the neurological development of the child. In doing so he is filling his pipeline with a life long patient who will now never develop normally because their brain is constantly awash with these very powerful psychoactive drugs such as Strattera, Ritalin and Adderall. Your child who otherwise may have simply had a learning difficulty, vitamin deficiency or acting out due to a broken home, will now actually be drug induced to an "abnormal" neurological state. Dr. Reiche will play one parent off the other, depending on which one is in favor of proceeding with a prescription drug protocol for their child. He will even go so far as to testify in Court to the detriment of a parent who would rather explore the treating of their child through non harmful natural vitamin and nutritional supplements. Even when shown the results of a MRI showing no physical abnormalities of the brain, he persisted in prescribing additional drugs. His staff will refuse to produce medical records when requested by other doctors or even the parents themselves. He exhibits the worst kind of nefarious intent in that he is well aware of the suicidal tendencies, and stunted physical growth that are produced by the continued drugging of children, and the same dangers when parents are trying to ween them off of them. Run from this hack that only practices prescription drug treatment on your otherwise healthy children. Do not get caught up in this web of drugs and influence.

|  By far the best  |  show details
by Rachael T. on May 17th, 2013

My son has been seeing Dr. Rieche for almost 10 years now. Even though most times you need to wait , I am confident in saying it is because he truly cares for each patient and spends the time necessary to make sure each patient is receiving the best care. As far as his staff, once again the ladies that run this office are wonderful.

|  R. Norman, Previous Patient of JBH  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2012

Dr. Rieche literally saved my mind and quality of life. When I first met with him he changed all of my prescribed medications to suit my particular disorder(s). He was somewhat amazed at the prescribed medications I was taking. Dr. Rieche admitted me in to the Jennings Behavioral Health program and I attended the IOP for 6-weeks (FIVE days a week, 6-hours a day!) He adjusted me to much less and unnecessary med's to the proper drugs and dosages. After the program ended, he even set me up with his Nurse to continue my evaluations whereas she would review results with him. He always tried very hard to find cost effective way to help patients. I highly recommend Dr. Rieche to anyone who would ask! Thank you Dr. Rieche!

|  OMAR RIECHE  |  show details
May 3rd, 2012

Why are psychaitrists always the ones who need help?

Mar 19th, 2012

Great doctor! He is a very nice and laid back guy.

Feb 9th, 2012

Dr. Rieche is a great doctor. I have been seeing him for about 14 years. He is always honest with me and shows support. He and his office staff respond to phone inquiries and emails in a timely manner. I would highly recommend Dr. Rieche.

Jan 1st, 2012

Dr. Rieche has always been kind,caring,and compassionate. He listens and gives his professional opinion without being judgemental. I can't say enough about the office staff. There have been times when I need to just talk to someone who would listen and his staff has been there more than once. Four stars for all!

|  Dr. Rieche is the BEST!  |  show details
Nov 4th, 2011

My entire family has been treated by Dr. Rieche for AT LEAST 15 years! We are devoted to this doctor, because we have experienced other psychiatrists in this same area who are HORRENDOUS (and sometimes DANGEROUS!) "practitioners." (Documented in the news!)If I have to wait for an appointment, it's my own fault! I am SO IMPRESSED by Dr. Rieche that I have recommended him to EVERYBODY because I wanted others to START with the BEST psychiatrist in this county and not have to search, the way I had to do!His rates are reasonable and in-line with those of other specialists. He was NOT on my PPO when we began seeing him, then he was added (which was nice!), now he no longer on the PPO. Yes, this makes my payment higher, but my only choice would be "doctor shopping! Been there, done that, HATED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!I must repeat: Dr. Rieche is the BEST!!

|  I would highly recommend Dr. Rieche  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2011

When I had any questions, I was able to contact Dr. Rieche via e-mail, and he personally called me back. The office staff is very personable and accommodating. Due to work and school schedules, Dr. Rieche was very flexible in his hours. Our Child also worked very well and liked Dr. Rieche, making the visits very pleasant.

|  Complaints  |  show details
Jul 15th, 2011

Seriously, this doctor do not take insurrance.He's an expensive Doctor.His office Manager is extremely rude ,she's more concern about money than anything else.Receptionist is awsome,very polite and professional.Really guys find another Doctor.

Jul 13th, 2011

The doctor and the therpists are helpful but the receptionist is incompetent and the office manager is extremely rude. Not the type of environment you want to be in when seeking help with mental health issues.

|  Are these rateings serious?  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2011

I've been going to Dr. Rieche since I was 14, I am now 21. The price of each visit is $115, the initial diagnosis is $345. I truly respect this Dr. He takes his time with his patience, keeps excellent records of everything, and best of all, he talks and behaves completely human. I do apologize if I don't find it inhuman to have to wait a additional 20 minutes so that he can understand another patients needs, its because I have the Ability separate my mental health care from that of a Mc Donald drive through.

Mar 30th, 2011

Expensive and time consuming, another Doctor who cares so much for his Patients he only made me wait 45minutes for my "initial diagnosis." Wow - there are much better out there...!...

|  Really?  |  show details
Jul 7th, 2010

Waited almost an hour to see this Doctor on the referral of my primary care physician. Once in the appointment the Doctor was more interested in setting-up my next appointment ($395/hour) and chit chatting then diagnosing me or listening to my concerns. Look elsehwere - there are much better practitioners around town.

Doctor's Response

In response to above comment, we do not charge $395.00 an hour, our rates have been misquoted and are willing to give that information out to anyone interested in speaking with us. Unfortunately, in our kind of business we never know what may be happening to the person who is being seen before us or behind us, so sometimes we have to wait. We are in the business of treating "mental health issues" that may require medication and want to make sure that the patient being treated gets the best possible care available, that they are not misdiagnosed and leave our office feeling confident in our doctor and willing to return for further treatment if necessary. So if you had to wait, please accept our sincerest apologies and best of luck with your future mental health care.

Jun 3rd, 2010

Waited 45minutes for an appointment, as doctor was "running late." Problem is at $400.00/hr for the Doctor, isn't the patients time worth anything? FIND ANOTHER PROVIDER, this guy aint it!