Dr. Omar Torres MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.1
  • 15 reviews

June 21st, 2016
Dr. Torres is quite likable and skilled. The practice, however, is a mess, and patients are being deceived. During my visits last year, when I was a "new patient", I actually had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Torres in person. This year, after being rescheduled 3 times (which delayed my dermatological examination for more than a month), I found out that I won't be seeing the doctor himself. Unfortunately, after the initial visit or two, they literally refer to you as a "follow up" (regardless of the reason for your appointment) and pass you over to his PA. It is particularly annoying and disrespectful that when you book an appointment, receptionists make an impression that you will be seeing the doctor. Only when you directly ask them multiple times, they would admit that, in fact, you will be seeing merely a PA. This seems to be a pattern at that place. The clinic is "hoarding patients", who rarely, if ever, see the doctor. This fact is not reflected on insurance claims, obviously... You get the picture. I learned my lesson and informed them that I won't be coming back again. The receptionists were not concerned about that at all. It seems that the clinic already accumulated a good number of patients, who don't mind these kind of shady practices. Lastly, the staff's demeanor is shockingly unprofessional, self-absorbed with their personal "life stories", inattentive, and loud. If you want to be "screened" and "examined" by PAs, by all means, go to Dr. Torres' clinic. If you happen to be a person like me, who prefers to be seen by actual doctors, stay away. Take your money, time, and your insurance elsewhere...

January 12th, 2016
Improve the staff attitude
The staff at the front desk could be nicer, They are not rude , but I wouldn't describe them as friendly either. All they are interested is how you'd you'd like to pay your copay. Dr Torres and the PAs are great.

September 30th, 2013
Great experience
I am surprised there are some negative reviews. I had Mohs surgery on my face and Dr. Taras and his staff could not have been nicer or more accommodating. I was very nervous but they did their best to calm me down and the procedure went very quickly without pain.

September 24th, 2012
Unprofessional
I spent an hour to see doctor, and when I did see him, he speaks to me while standing at the door trying to leave! I couldn't believe it. He was trying to rush out the door while not answering any of my questions thoroughly. I strongly advise others to go somewhere else.

January 24th, 2012
Worst staff in the history of medicine.
Dr. Torres is a pretty good doctor but unfortunately he surrounds himself with a staff that collectively has the IQ of a potato. First, the assistant would not call in my prescription because she couldn't "link up" to my pharmacy. She had to call it in somwhere else. I guess the telephone was too difficult. Then after being told that I would be called in 3 days with the results of a culture to see if I had a staph infection, they called me a week later and refused to tell me over the phone what the results were but said as along as the antibiotics weren't giving me trouble I should be fine. THE WORST.

August 13th, 2011
the staff was snobbed...he took 30 seconds to look at my face and it was over and gave the two previous patient the same medication that i got ...if i knew that i would have order clearasil it is so much cheaper and it actually works

August 5th, 2011
Overall good experience
I do not find Dr. Torres much different from other doctores in term of wait time or staff but he knows what he is talking about and how to treat it.

October 21st, 2010
I suggest not to go to this Doctor
I was referred to this doctor by a friend while I had really bad acne problems. The waiting time was really long and the front desk staffs asked me to pay co payment first. I did all of that, the actual time spent with the doctor was 5 min. or less because apparently he's seen a lot of acne patients, he didn't really examine my skin, instead, he just prescribed some really generic internal and external medicines which I had already been taking at the time. The doctor himself was nice but lack of patience. After I was done, the front desk staffs gave me some sample acne creams and were trying to persuade me into buying their expensive products. I got home and took out the samples only to find out some were actually expired!! I was very disappointed and I paid $50 co pay because he's considered a specialist.

July 21st, 2010
good Doctor, Professional
I have been a patient of Dr. Torres for about 4 years. I have always been treated accurately and professionally. I don't care if he's not David Letterman as long as he's professional.

March 24th, 2010
Moth Surgery Specialist
I was recomended to Dr Omar Torres by my personal dermatologist of 10 years. After he examined me and after hearing my concerns, my dermatologist, a highly experiance doctor in the comunity, refered me to Dr Torres. I was concern about the scarring and or nerve damage with the moth surgery. my dermatologist refered me to Dr Torres stating that he was more specialized on this particular surgery. Dr Torres' bedside manner and profecionalism easy me into trusting him with my particular situation. I am extremly happy i found him and could recomend him for all your dermatology concens. Joseph V.

November 21st, 2009
he's a very good cosmetic surgeon and is great at not leaving scars. however he has a horrible beside manner and is often rushed and annoyed. i wouldnt care as long as my problem was treated, but he seemed annoyed when my problem kept returning, and unwilling to admit he might not know the answer or did something wrong. i think he's more interested in giving people cosmetic procedures than traditional dermatology. he tried to pawn me off to his resident intern a few times which was my last straw, and i've been seeing him for 2-3 years.

June 11th, 2009
Cold and only interested in getting the office visits clocked in
I saw him for a condition on my face that he assured me he could treat and the treatment would be covered by insurance. Without my consent, he took a biopsy from my face. The procedure was painful and, more importantly, my face is scarred and it hasn't healed in the past 2 months. He called me for a follow-up in a few weeks. On my return, he saw me for barely 2 mins and dismissed me saying that the treatment had to be out of pocket. My problem with him was:1) He took the biopsy without my consent. I had previously seen other doctors for the condition and they had diagnosed it correctly without taking a my facial skin for biopsy. 2) He assured me without a doubt on the first visit that the treatment would be covered.3) His attitude completely changed from 1st to 2nd visit; in the latter, I got the feeling that I was not worth his time.4) The fact that there was pressure to get another office visit scheduled, which was not worth my time or money. What he told me, could have been conveyed over a phone call.I would never go to see him again or recommend him. Furthermore, I am more scarred now than I was before I saw him!