Dr. Omid Lesani, MD
Urologist, Surgeon
Video profile

Bladder Tumors show details Bladder Tumors
by Edith on Sep 28th, 2016

Dr Lesani is a great physician. I went to see him for blood in my urine. He found I had a bladder tumor. He operated soon after. He didnt find the second one until he was in surgery. Thank God they were benign. I am very glad I seen Dr Lesani. He know his stuff. He knew they were benign before the biopsy results came back. Im so glad my pcp referred me to him.

Best surgeon a person could ask for show details Best surgeon a person could ask for
by Marsha Butler on Sep 10th, 2016

Dr. Lesani is professional and an expert in his field. He played a major part in healing my body and did so without me experiencing any pain throughout my recovery. I never had to take any pain meds when sent home the day following my surgery. Pain and pain meds were major concerns of mine and he made sure they were completely addressed. I would entrust my health needs to Dr. Lesani again, and again. I will refer him to everyone I know that is in need of an excellent surgeon along with sharing my experience with Dr. Lesani. Thanks Doc for your sense of humor, great work, professionalism, and the part you played in restoring my health. God Bless.

Worst physician I have had the misfortune of seeing show details Worst physician I have had the misfortune of seeing
Aug 24th, 2016

Spent 1-2 hours in waiting room with every appointment. Saw Lesani for maybe ten minutes of watching him type incorrect information into my records. Then handed a prescription for a medication I am allergic to. When questioned, I was rudely informed "this is what you've been taking since your surgery" . I informed him that was not so. His reply....must have looked at it wrong. Arrogant, uncaring, rushed, reckless.

by G. W. STOLT on Jul 11th, 2016

I would recommend Dr. Lesani to anyone who asked me about a urologist in the Las Vegas, Nevada community. He did repair work that another Dr. (who has since left Las Vegas) did several years ago. I've had no blood clotting problems as I had had from the original surgery.

Best Urologist Around show details Best Urologist Around
by Bethany C on Jul 10th, 2016

I absolutely love Dr. Lesani and refer him to everyone! I have had 2 surgeries and 2 in-office procedures under Dr. Lesani. I have to say I will NEVER go to another urologist! I don't care if I ever move away, I am flying or driving back to see him. He is very thorough in explaining what he will be doing and what to expect. There were several times I was scared and apprehensive leading up to a procedure, but he was always able to calm my nerves. He took great care of me post-op both times. He has also ALWAYS gotten me in last minute when complications arose (nothing major -- severe nausea after the first surgery and my body was rejecting my stent). When my body did reject the stent, he removed it immediately in office! It was almost instant relief! He knew I was miserable via phone conversations and suspected that was what was happening, got me in last minute, confirmed that was what was happening, and removed it same day. Please, please, please do yourself a favor and go to Dr. Lesani! You won't regret anything!!!!

Thank you DR. LESANI show details Thank you DR. LESANI
by Ilse Seaver, Mesquite on Jul 7th, 2016

It has been a little over 2 weeks since I had robotic surgery to remove my left kidney, performed by Dr. LESANI. The entire operation and recovery period has been painless. I never had any pain! unbelievable! He has set up a follow up monitoring program for me. He is supported by a very friendly and efficient staff. I wish everyone could be as lucky as I was to have the best Surgeon in Las Vegas.

by Keith K on Apr 13th, 2016

Dr. Lesani is the best. I trust him completely. Prior to surgery (robotic assisted prostatectomy) he explained everything, ordered all necessary tests, and answered all my questions in a way that was easy for me to understand. I was in and out of the hospital in 2 days - no prescription pain meds needed at home for recovery. Had follow-up office visit and again he took the time to answer all my questions thorougly. I would recommend him wholeheartedly.

The worst doctor i have ever seen. show details The worst doctor i have ever seen.
by Alex Heravi on Apr 8th, 2016

I went to see almost one year ago , he came to the room to do test and after the test he just left room without talking to me! not even one word , it was so crazy, i could not believe what actually happened ,i had to put my pants on and went look for him in the hallway , i had absolutely no idea what is wrong with , he did NOT sit down for few minutes to talk to me and tell me what is wrong with me , he just left the room, it is totally unacceptable, because he did not communicate with me and did not tell me what is wrong with me i end up having major health problem now, but if that day he tell me what is wrong with me i would have all the problem i have now.... stay away from him.... something is very wrong.

Robots, Good show details Robots, Good
by Brian, Sun City on Apr 6th, 2016

It has been about a month since I had robotic surgery performed by Dr. Lesani. The entire operation and recovery period has been almost painless.I went off heavy pain medication after only a few days after surgery. Dr. Lesani was very patient and informative both before and after the surgery. He has set up a followup monitoring program for me. He is supported by a very friendly and efficient staff.

Light in the dark show details Light in the dark
by Ismael López on Mar 9th, 2016

Words can't express how much me and my family thank Dr. Lesani for having removed the cancerous tumor in my kidney , his human qualities and understanding is incomparable , even with out insurance he operate, his service was , and still is excellent and professional , is just the Best specialist . We will be always grateful for his kindness and his huge heart. Thank you Dr. Lesani , Good bless you .

Great doctor, Specially talented surgeon show details Great doctor, Specially talented surgeon
by Frank A on Feb 18th, 2016

Dr Lesani removed a cancerous tumor from my kidney using a robotic-assisted laparoscopic approach. He is such a great surgeon that I was NEVER in any pain! If you need urological surgery you would be very lucky to have Dr Lesani.

by Michael Ludden on Jan 29th, 2016

Dr. Lesani came highly recommended. He and his surgical staff were very efficient, calming and professional at all times. (including post op)

FREE FROM DIAPERS! show details FREE FROM DIAPERS!
by Abelardo Ching on Jan 29th, 2016

I have seen a few urologists in the Los Angeles area (Kaiser Permanente) re my BPH. After I retired 3 years ago I moved to Las Vegas, still with the same prostate problem. I tried 2 urologists before my primary doctor recommended Dr. Lesani. Dr. Lesani have been very attentive to my problem ever since. I have been suffering from incontinence for a while. He said I am still young enough to be suffering from this. He suggested I undergo Trans Urethral Resection of my prostate. I had the procedure 2 weeks ago. I am very satisfied with the result. I stopped using diapers now. He also discontinued my Finasteride and Flomax. My urine flow is strong and healthy. I owe this new freedom to Dr. Lesani, and I highly recommend him to anyone.

A LIGHT IN THE DARK ... show details A LIGHT IN THE DARK ...
by ISMAEL LOPEZ on Jan 22nd, 2016

WORDS CAN NOT EXPRESS HOW MUCH ME, AND MY FAMILY THANK DR. ALEX LESANI FOR HAVING REMOVED THE CANCEROUS TUMOR IN MY KIDNEY,HIS HUMAN QUALITIES AND UNDERSTANDING IS INCOMPARABLE, EVEN WITH OUT HEALTH INSURANCE HE OPERATE , HIS SERVICE , WAS, AND STILL IS EXCELLENT AND PROFESIONAL, IS JUST THE BEST SPECIALIST, WE WILL BE ALWAYS GRATEFUL FOR HIS KINDNESS ANS HIS HUGE HEART. THANK YOU DOCTOR LESANI, GOD BLESS YOU.

by Helen M. on Jan 22nd, 2016

Dr. Lesani was great! I had a blockage in my kidney, that I was born with, and he corrected it robotically. I had no problems with the surgery and recovery went fine. He was very through and explained everything to me so that I could understand exactly what he was going to do and what I could expect. Would definitely recommend Dr. Lesani to everyone. I did, however, have to wait in the waiting room for about an hour on my first appointment to see him but it was worth the wait. Would suggest making an early morning appointment before things get busy.

Caring and concerned Doctor and staff show details Caring and concerned Doctor and staff
by Aurora Gandara on Dec 11th, 2015

What can you say about the man who saved your kidney and may have saved your life? I had an early kidney tumor diagnosis and Dr. Lasani was able to save half of my kidney. He did robotic laparoscopic partial nephrectomy and here 10 days out I am feeling pretty good considering. I had my first post op visit today. He listened to my questions and concerns and I must say he is the most approachable Dr I ever had . His entire staff is helpful and professional. If you should ever need a urologic surgeon, I know every case is different but Dr. Lesani took a stressful time and made it manageable.

You would select the best. No need to travel out of town! show details You would select the best. No need to travel out of town!
by Z on Nov 15th, 2015

Dr. L is the best. He came recommended by another specialist. He said Dr. L was one of the top 3 urologists in Nevada. Must now agree. He us able and willing to answer your questions and let you become comfortable with his ability. He helps manage your expectations and allow you to be an informed patient. My surgery and recovery went smoothly. His assistant/scheduler Alejandra is phenomenal. Very professional and attentive to detail. Having a great support team really gives insight to the doctor's expectation and tIthe importance he has for the customer's experience. Highly recommend this doctor and thank him for his focus on detail and desire to provide the best possible care.

Dr. Lesani is the best! show details Dr. Lesani is the best!
by Larry Schaefer on Nov 11th, 2015

Dr. Lesani treated me for BPH using green light laser and also used lithotripsy to remove a 1.6 CM kidney stone. Both procedures were completely successful. Dr. Lesani is all business (isn't that what you want with a urologist?) He is an excellent physician with whom I have complete trust. He came highly recommended to me and I would highly recommend him to you.

Dr. Lesani was very friendly and professional show details Dr. Lesani was very friendly and professional
by JD on Aug 20th, 2015

Dr. Lesani was very friendly and professional. He was able to reassure me with his knowledge and experience. I felt that he treated me as an individual and his staff were supportive and caring. Overall I felt he was the right Dr. for me.

Jul 1st, 2015

I trusted Dr. Lesani to perform a robotic partial nephrectomy due to my kidney tumor. He is one of the best qualified here in Las Vegas with over 9 years experience teaching & performing this procedure. I did not feel I had to go out of town to a big city. Everything went perfectly and he informed me every step of the way both before and after my surgery. Would highly recommend.

by Larry on Jun 16th, 2015

I am 70 and a retired scientist. Dr. Lesani did a cystoscopy, green light laser TURP and lithotripsy on my 1.6 cm kidney stone. All procedures were successful and VERY well done. I highly recommend Dr. L. He is very business-like and won't give you any small talk. He diagnoses the problem and takes scare of it. He has a gentle but firm manner with procedures. I had NO pain with any of this. His office is very busy. But if you have to wait a little to see him it will be well worth it.

by Karen on Jun 10th, 2015

My kidney cancer was discovered during a CT Scan for another condition. I had no symptoms of kidney cancer, and when I was told the growth should be removed, I was apprehensive. Dr. Lesani was able to do the surgery with the da Vinci Robot and left me with very few scars. I was up and running after a few weeks. I strongly recommend Dr. Lesani.

Excellent Surgeon show details Excellent Surgeon
by Pat S. on May 16th, 2015

Dr Lesani definitely is one of the best surgeon we have in Las Vegas. Experienced, confident and knows his profession. I was diagnosed with Renal cell carcinoma and Dr Lesani performed a laparoscopic/robotic partial nephrectomy. If you're looking for a surgeon who specialized in robotic surgery, Dr Lesani is definitely is the only choice.

by James on May 5th, 2015

Thank you Dr. LASANI. NO MORE PAIN!

Patient show details Patient
Apr 29th, 2015

Dr. Lesani requires you to sign a mandatory binding arbitration provision. If something goes wrong with billing, treatment or surgery, you cant take them to court - especially in the case of malpractice. I cancelled my appointment to find someone else.

Life Saving Procedure and Top Professional Doctor! show details Life Saving Procedure and Top Professional Doctor!
by Mr. Mullins on Mar 30th, 2015

All I can say is Dr. Alex Lesani saved my life! I mean that literally, as an earlier diagnosis did not reveal the tumor on my right kidney, but because Dr. Lesani believed there was something there, although the ultrasound did not show it, he had me do a CT scan and sure enough there was the tumor. He scheduled me for an immediate surgery, using the DaVinci robotic machine. The surgery was performed at Summerlin Hospital and kudos to all the fine Doctors and Staff there for making this surgery almost a "non event". Dr. Lesani removed the entire tumor, and was able to rebuild my kidney and I should have at least 66% function in that kidney! The added good news is I should not have to have any further treatments such as radiation , chemical or other! Thank you again Dr. Lesani !! You surely are My Hero !!

Skillfully performed surgery show details Skillfully performed surgery
Mar 26th, 2015

Did a blue laser surgical procedure for me and the results were excellent.

Dr. Lasani show details Dr. Lasani
by GB on Jan 9th, 2015

I was a referral to Dr. Lasani, and I am happy I was. Dr. Lasani was very professional in demenor and was able to explain things to me in laymen terms. My procedure was performed on an out patient basis . No fluff here, just solid medical practice. Thank you.

Dr. Lesani - thank you for taking my case show details Dr. Lesani - thank you for taking my case
by Larry Schaefer, North Las Vegas on Dec 11th, 2014

Dr. Lesani saw me for BPH and was very professional. He does not do a lot of talking; just gets to the core of the diagnosis and treatment. His front desk help is wonderful. The schedulers are busy and take some time to return calls, but they do their work well. I had prostate ultrasound, cystoscopy and then green light laser surgery at Summerlin Hospital. Within 24 hours I was doing well - went back to work in 48. He did a great job and I would recommend him to anyone.

Have Enough Money to See a Doctor show details Have Enough Money to See a Doctor
Oct 20th, 2014

You know, some people have the money to pay a physician to see them; what does it say when you have to get pre-qualified to be a cash pay patient! Everyone may relax now; even the wealthy are turned down by physicians if they think you might actually have to get paid fairly!

unprofessional show details unprofessional
Sep 5th, 2014

The office staff is unorganized and Dr. Lesani is unprofessional. I left three messages to make an appointment for my dad. I finally got a return message from scheduling saying that they were calling to schedule the appointment, but when I called back the next day, the woman said that they could not make an appointment for my dad because he had previously seen another doctor in that practice. I explained that had been a long time ago, that the other doctor was not able to help him, and asked if that meant we were stuck with that other doctor forever? She told me that she doesn't question the doctor's orders and hung up! Since I had waited on hold for over 45 minutes to make the appointment, I was very angry. Eventually I came to realize that any doctor that is so independent to not take patients because they have already seen a doctor for that issue, is not the doctor for us! :(

Dr Lesani is 5 star show details Dr Lesani is 5 star
by AMCS on Oct 28th, 2013

Dr Lesani has great knowledge, experience and skill in his medical specialty. Prior to meeting Dr Lesani,my previous MD failed to diagnose my medical condition, Failed to provide appropriate treatment for my medical condition. Allowed me to suffer for few years .letting me to believe that there was nothing really wrong with me. Dr Lesani went over my test results, promptly scheduled my surgical procedure with almost immediate relieve from incredible pain. Dr Lesani is very professional, always cheerful, makes me feel as if I was his only patient. Has great bedside manners. Best FU after procedure second to none. I am & will recommend Dr Lesani to everyone, friends ,family & coworkers. It's very reassuring to have top specialist like Dr Lesani to treat me .His office staff is professional & courteous as well.

green light laser PVP show details green light laser PVP
Oct 13th, 2012

I have been dealing with an enlarged prostrate BPH for over 10 years so I know first hand all of the symptoms and conditions that confronts BPH suffers including 3 emergency trips to a hospital for urine retention, the last emergency while in Mexico. I also have seen many urologist over the years, none of which I ever felt confident with.I was referred to Dr Lesani, My first appointment with him unlike the other urologist I have seen in the past. He was confident & experienced but not impersonal or pushy. He is not going to hold your hand and tell you what you want to hear at the same time he will not talk you into a procedure or overwhelm you with medical terms. After several visits and options I decided to go with the green light laser PVP. Dr Lesani is an excellent surgeon and he is very confident and comfortable in a hospital setting. I am very pleased with the results which were much better than I expected. I wish I would have seen Dr Lesani years ago.

Oct 6th, 2012

Dr. Lesani takes the time to tell you about your treatment options and also takes the time to listen to and answer your questions. He is very experienced with da Vinci robotic surgery and has a great team assisting him. I would strongly recommend seeing Dr. Lesani if you have been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

Sep 25th, 2012

this dr. is very arrogant and very self centered and thinks nothing of the pain that the patient is trying to project to him. I feel he is very unattached to any of the medical needs of his patient.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry you feel that way. It can be difficult sometimes for a physician to feel the amount of pain the patient is going through. I hope you can get the care you need soon. God bless.

Couldn't be happier show details Couldn't be happier
Jul 20th, 2012

Just went through kidney surgery to remove a cancerous tumor and surgery was a complete success. I owe it all to Dr. Lesani. Everything from the initial diagnosis to my follow up visit after the surgery there was nothing but complete professionalism and genuine care and concern. I couldn't be happier with my experience with Dr. Lesani and would reccomend him to anyone. Thank you again Dr.

May 31st, 2012

I was referred to Dr Lesani for his experience in less invasive surgery. He was very professional and explained my procedure with detail and care. I have since recovered fully from my surgery. I recommend him to anyone looking to have surgery with the latest techniques.

Spectacular Experience! show details Spectacular Experience!
May 23rd, 2012

From the moment I walked in the door I was greeted with a smile. The ladies there were really professional. Dr. Lesani's nurse was the most fantastic nurse I have ever encountered! When I met Dr. Lesani I knew I was in good hands. He was very knowlegeable and takes interest in the patients needs. He listened to all of my concerns and did not rush out of the room. I really felt like I was heard and understood. I left there with a smile and with a sense of relief that I was finally getting the care that I deserve. Thank you so much to you Dr. Lesani and all of your staff.

Mohammad Saeed show details Mohammad Saeed
Feb 11th, 2011

According his age he has more experienced. He spent lot of time to explain. He is the best doctor in his field ever i saw