Pediatricians, Surgical Specialist, Pediatric Surgeon

1212 Pleasant St
Ste 300
Des Moines, IA 50309
515-241-6000
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  show details
by John on Sep 6th, 2013

Poor surgeon

|  show details
Mar 19th, 2013

He had the worst bedside manner of any doctor I've seen. Short, rude, and impatient. Cut me off mid-sentence and would not listen to me concerning my child. Raised his voice to me on the phone. I can't believe he is treating children. Will not take my child to him ever again.

|  worst doctor i have seen  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2012

i dont know where does this guy calls himself a doctor. he lacks the minimum degree of professionalism and his bedside manners are terrible. he starts screaming at you and does not listen. i regret so much coming to Blank for my sons surgery.

|  He saved my life  |  show details
by Hannah Mathany on Oct 1st, 2010

When I was four months old, I was rushed to the hospital. I had my valves twisted, and it wasn't known. He saved my life, if it was any later i wouldn't be here anymore. My mom says he calls me a miracle. I just want to thank him so much for saving my life!

|  Dr Buchi is a wonderful doctor  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2010

Our 12 yr old son was seen by Dr Buchi in the Blank Hospital ER. Our son's appendix burst and there were complications. Dr. Buchi clearly explained everything to us and answered every question we had. He was thorough in explaining his plan of treatment for our son. We were very pleased with how he related to our 12 yr old son in the ER, during his hospital stay and during follow-up office visits. Dr. Buchi had a great bed-side manner and put our son at ease. I would highly recommend Dr Buchi.

|  Appendix removal  |  show details
by Erik on Dec 17th, 2009

The doctor removed my daughter's appendix and did a great job.

|  Pediatric Surgeon with zero patience or bedside manner  |  show details
May 18th, 2009

This surgeon was to provide a consult regarding a minor procedure that my 4 yr old needed. He was both verbally and non-verbally inpatient/discontented with respect my my child's fear of the visit/him. He made no effort to try to comfort, console, or explain what he was intending to do. We left mid-appointment in utter disgust of his inability to show the least bit of compassion or caring.