Dr. Ophelia Barte MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

1.6

April 18th, 2016
PLEASE DONT SEE HER! (wish 0 stars was an option)
I can't express enough how badly I don't want to see her again. I have never had a doctor tell me to stop talking and that what I was saying wasn't important. She does NOT like to be questioned in ANY way. She will yell at you, slam her hands on the table or call you a liar. I leave every visit extremely upset. She wouldnt change my medicine, saying all SSRI are the same, when I complained of side effects that included blurry vision. Her blatant refusal to prescribe Xanax but her complete willingness to prescribe sleeping pills is ridiculous! I had my daughter see her (out of desperation due to no other doctor in area accepting new patients) told her not to sell her medication. She thinks everyone is a potential drug abuser. So much so that she tries to confiscate medicine from you! I honestly feel someone is going to hurt themselves after seeing her. Please don't see her.

April 13th, 2016
This doctor is a bee-ach
BEWARE and look at all her reviews on other sites cause none of them Re any good. This lady ( shouldn't even call her a lady) she is far from one. She is the rudest most unprofessional person I have ever seen in this business, her license should be revoked and she should not be testing mental patients. She MIS diagnosed me with bipolar disorder and had me on every bipolar medication there was and none of them worked cause I was not bipolar, I just need a hormone patch to fix hormone issues. She will also belittle you And make you feel less than a person, if she doesn't like something you say or you try to suggest a medication to try and get mad and says she is the one who picks meds not me. Last time I was in there she started yelling at me cause I wanted to change medications due to severe side effects that were making me throw up. I have left her office numerous times in tears, but only when my husband is not with me,, when he is there she is on her best behavior. Truly this woman does not belong in this profession, she is so far from professional and has a really mean spirit to boot. Don't waste your time and money this woman does not know what she is doing. I have been on probably 20 different meds with her and she still can find the right one to treat my depression and anxiety! If I. Could give her a minus ten I would, she doesn't even deserve a star, she is a Be ach...just don't take my word for it, go to other sites and you can see her horrible reviews for yourself!!!!!!!!!!!

March 15th, 2016
Extremely unprofessional and uninformed. She wouldn't renew one of my medications because she "doesn't like it", which is fine, but when I asked her why, she said "I don't have to tell you, I just don't like it." She then recommended me to keep taking the medication, but to find another psychiatrist who would prescribe it. I've never seen anything so odd.

March 13th, 2015
Completely Unprofessional and Unbelievably Unconscious Re: Mental Health Care Requirements.
The only reason that I provided 1 star was so that I was able to submit the review because the system doesn't permit you to do so without it. Don't even consider this woman as any kind of professional! I scheduled an appointment for my son who was nearly out of medications and even knowing that, they took days to schedule him. Then, after we reworked his work schedule, they called 30 minutes before the appointment time to advise that they were cancelling reporting that the Dr. was sick. Then, they rescheduled but my son was unable to see the Dr. because he had to leave to go to work after waiting for 35 minutes. (Apparently, there was no chance of seeing the Dr. for another hour or so). My son is completely out of medications because of this "Doctor". I'm furious and plan to take this to the next level. VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION!!!!!!! I plan to report this to the medical board and our health care provider. BTW - The doctor accepts CASH only. Not even credit cards! Sounds like a "swap meet" physician. What Dr. doesn't accept, checks, credit cards, debit cards? Not any of these. This is supposed to be a medical office not a flea market!

February 27th, 2014
waste of time
First off took me 3 months to get a appointment they kwpte saying I didn't have one..... then I get there and she take two patients that came after me before me ..then I tell jer the meds im on and she me well why are you here???? Well duhh to get meds management all while she was smacking her lips and shaking her head.... ughhhh never again will I see her

October 3rd, 2013
Worst doctor!
I agree with all of the other awful reviews. I saw this doctor for the first time yesterday and left in tears. All she did was say "just answer the question" instead of letting me finish my sentences. You couldn't pay me to see her again!!

July 17th, 2013
Worst doctor ever!
I felt the need to speak up because I know those seeking psychiatric help are very vulnerable. My session with Dr. Barte was more of an interrogation and beratement. I have pretty thick skin and I am an educated medical professional myself. But, wow, after leaving her office I felt awful. I wrote her a letter explaining how she should work on her bedside manner. What I recieved was a patronizing rebuttal and a referal to one of her colleauges , who although very nice, is just as incompetent as her. PLEASE do not go to this doctor.

August 11th, 2011
Something's rotten in Denmark
This is the weirdest doctor experience i have ever had. She only accepts CASH--and I don't mean checks! Or credit cards! Just cold hard cash--and you have to make a point of requesting a receipt. I think there is something shady going on. Especially considering that I have insurance, and her policy is cash...? She was pleasant enough, but insisted that i shouldn't be depressed because I am beautiful and have a man who loves me--huh?!?!? Does she not know that depression is a MEDICAL condition?! I finally chose depression over going to her. I really wish someone would look into her cmopetence. Oh, and she always blew into the office late...

June 2nd, 2011
Patient
I would risk going to this doctor. She is careless and dangerous. She has zero bed side manor and I would rate her less that 1 if that were an option. Avoid her at all cost!!!!! Seriously!

April 27th, 2011
Horrible
This Doctor is a complete nightmare. If she doesn't like something you have to say, she will rip you a new one until you are running out of her office in tears. She only wants your money. BEWARE DONT WASTE YOUR TIME

April 27th, 2011
Dr. Barte is great, but her receptionist is the worst. Does not pass on messages, and lets you run out of meds. She is rude and down right stupid. Its a shame, cause I have been apatient for 3 years and had no problems till this new desk girl came around.

February 1st, 2011
If you run out of medication her and her receptionist do not try to help you at all to get a refill, and they are very rude, the receptionist is white and spends more time trying to be mexican than doing her job!