Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs)
Video profile

Very Pleasant Experience show details Very Pleasant Experience
Apr 23rd, 2015

I always feel like I get the best treatment in doctor Schaefer's office. His staff are always very nice, friendly and professional. I've been going there for years. It takes a long time to get better especially with allergies. The most important thing is that the doctor always listens and doesn't judge. I would recommend this doctor to my friends and family.

another opinion show details another opinion
Jul 26th, 2012

I heard about the opinion below and just wanted to say I totally get it. I'm alot like you with all the medications and on disability adn the bill although I got that more recently. Here's the thing tho, your care is team work. That means you advocate for yourself too. You have to speak up. I went through a period when I was really upset to because I wasn't getting enough improvement fast enough. So I spoke up and ended up staying because for one thing Dr Shcaefer really listens. To me that's huge. and his staff is just really great. A doctor patient relationship is like any other and has it's ups and downs. Bottom line is I'm glad I decided to hang in there. I know how bad allergies can get trust me! I hope you feel better!

good for healthy people not for those who need aggressive care show details good for healthy people not for those who need aggressive care
Dec 14th, 2011

I'm a severe allergy/asthma person who's maxed out on all treatments and therapies who suffers from frequent major long lasting URI's which I don't understand why and the office staff seems frustrated because they don't know what else to do for me but honestly I have to wonder if dr schaefer has even read my chart. I've seen him all of a handful of times over the last year and a half and have a ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR BILL over what my insurance pays!!!! one time he even prescribed a medication directly contraindicated to what I'm taking already and would have caused serious problems if I hadn't caught it. I catch a major infection with any social contact but so far through dr schaefer there has been no diagnostic testing of any kind, not even a chest xray. I had a pft one time... a handful of visits with the doctor... and routine allergy and xolair shots. One good thing I will say is that I've been to good doctors who refuse to fill out disability paperwork. dr. schaefer has helped me in that regard otherwise I wouldn't have a roof over my head too!

Consultation and Review of my CT scans show details Consultation and Review of my CT scans
Apr 9th, 2011

Dr. Schaefer was very pleasant, asked a lot of pertinent questions, checked a variety of vital signs, and told me his conclusions based on these things, plus a review of my CT scans. He did not rush me, as many doctors seems to be the case with many doctors these days.I felt very comfortable with his conclusions and would go to him again, if so referred by my primary care doctor.

by One who lost spouse because of Oren Schaefer's treatment on Nov 8th, 2009

Dr. Oren Schaefer is not a aggressive doctor. He does not treat well for a patient suffering from severe pulmonary disease combined with heart problem