Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Best Doctor Ever show details Best Doctor Ever
by Ron T on Oct 16th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Townsend for 8 years, and he is by far the best doctor I have ever had - I highly recommend him. He spends the time with his patients to understand any issues and to work with us for resolution. Thanks Doc !!!

Condescending show details Condescending
Jul 1st, 2013

Dr Towsend at first glance is very friendly and personable. I had a nice checkup and talked about my concerns. However if you bring any information to the table that you learned yourself on the internet and ask questions he does not take it well. He does not like to feel undermined. I had to go to a different doctor to get a correct diagnosis because he flat out refused to do follow up tests. I really wanted to like him, but I need a doctor that I can actually work with together and bring information to - who is open and not immediately skeptical of anything I research and ask about. He is fine if you don't want to participate in your own health, if you want a partner give him a pass.

Outstanding Diagnostician show details Outstanding Diagnostician
by Joyce Lane on Mar 24th, 2010

Dr .Townsend is a wonderful doctor. He has an amazing ability to hear just a few sentences and immediately diagnose a concern. He literally saved my husband's life, twice. Once when he had compromised kidneys due to bad medicine interaction, and again when he suffered a pulmonary embolism after knee replacement surgery. Both of these issues were immediately life threatening, and Dr Townsend's rapid response and quick coordination with Swedish Hospital, we are certain, saved his life. He is very considerate, kind and a very good listener. I tried to give him four stars on this rating, but the computer would not cooperate with more than three. But he is definitely four star plus worthy.

Dr Townsend show details Dr Townsend
by Richard M on Feb 4th, 2010

I have know Dr. Townsend for three years, and am now a patient of his. Of all the doctors I have ever met, he is the most caring and thorough of all of them.

Nov 1st, 2009

Dr. Townsend has an excellent bedside manner. He sincerely cares about his patients' health and welfare. He always promptly and accurately gives lab and xray follow-up.

Feb 3rd, 2009

Charges patient for just talking to him because it's using his time. His nurse and patient service rep has no customer service experience. Very rude when talking on the phone or in person. Polyclinic has nothing but rude people working there. Bad Bad Bad customer service skills. Employees laugh on the phone on other conversations rather than paying attention to patient on the phone. Very bad service.