Overall Review

February 6th, 2014
Great Doctor
Very good doctor really cares and explains thing in terms you can understand. Have had surgery with him before. And procedures too does the most newest thing too. That other urologist aren't doing yet way ahead of his time..Awesome doctor he's been published in magazines'. Top doc 😊Thank god for doctor Hampel.. Best doctor I've ever had he's one in a million..

February 1st, 2011
Dr. Hampel is an excellent doctor. Just be prepared for a 4 hour wait in his waiting room to see him. His office staff seems uneducated and unable to answer basic questions. It is difficult to get an appointment in less than 4 weeks.

December 22nd, 2010
Dr. Hampel is the best
He never stops. I have been in the hospital 4 times in the past 2 months with kidney stones. Dr. Hampel always makes sure he see's me before he goes home. He is straight up honest with me. He will also make you laugh... which I appreciate when Im a little nervous. He never rushes me or makes me feel like my questions are silly. He wont leave until I am sure all my questions have been answered. He is the best in this area. His staff is great. Erica is my favorite!! She is the one who schedules procedures and surgeries. She is so sweet and so professional. This team of people work well togther for the same goal... the health of their patients. I appreciate them so very much.

October 26th, 2009
communication
i made appt for an annual check up. when i check in with the front desk i informed the lady that i was there for annual check up and needed the billing coded as such so my insurance would pay for preventitive visit. she walked away as if she was too busy to talk to me. i learned latter that dr hampel coded the visit as a complaint code and i had to pay over $100.00 out of my pocket for visit. when i called in latter to get the bill re-submitted for correction, i was treated as a crackpot. they would not take a message for dr. hampel to call me back to discuss the situation. dr hampel is a good doctor, but his pasadena, tx office staff is incompetent.

March 5th, 2009
I've had several surgeries with this DR...Neither of the times was i informed of the side effects. (IE: had a kindey stone removed, didn't tell me i would bleed for weeks.)The wait is horrible. You'll wait till your appointment time in the waiting room then wait 45-1 hour in the treatment rooms. When he comes he seems polite but will write for a good 10 mins before anything happens. I had to seem him twice out of pain/emergency and neither times i could see him!(Smartass lady told me "if your in that much pain go to the emergency room!") I had to go to another urologist who was reluctant to take me as "It was redundant to have 2 urologist." This DR will order tests and share the results with you 2 visits later. Depending on his mood he will be nice one visit and a complete jerk the next. He sent me to get a CT scan and read the results to me off the sheet and didn't know what half the words were... His answer for most pain is "Pain Medicine" 5mg/500mg Vicodin...