Orin K Atlas, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon

201 Creek Crossing Blvd
Hainesport, NJ 08036
609-261-5800
Locations and availability (2)

• Currently 3.7792207792208 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Atlas Spine  |  show details
by Gemila D Stevenson on Oct 3rd, 2014

Dr.Atlas and his staff were great. From the time of my diagnosis to the treatment it took less than 30 days. I am pain free thanks to Dr. Atlas!!!

|  5 STARS IN MY BOOK!!!  |  show details
by CARNEY GATLING on Aug 5th, 2014

I am truley blessed to have found an amzing doctor to perform my back surgery. Words can not express how grateful I am for the amzing job Dr Atlas has done for me. Six months after surgery I feel 100% better!! I would truley like to thank Dr Atlas and his amazing staff for all they have done for me.

|  Juris Doctor  |  show details
by Donald C. Simpson, Esq. on Jul 4th, 2014

I always swore I would never let ANY doctor touch my spine. When it appeared that I had no choice, I interviewed several before selecting Dr. Atlas. He did not try to sell me on the kind of surgery he would perform but he spent a great deal of time educating me in detail so that I fully understood the approach he would use and I had NO doubt that he was the doctor I wanted working on my spine. The results have been spectacular, and my evaluation was fully justified. Further, has kept my wife in the loop at all times, and she shares my views.

|  Great Doc  |  show details
by Gregory S on May 28th, 2014

.Dr. Atlas has treated me for neck and back pain for the past few years. I am currently pain free thanks to his care. He has surgically repaired bad cervical and lumbar discs. I was most impressed with his reluctance to rush into surgery. He first exhausted other options such as PT and injections. I have no reservations about referring family and friends to Dr. Atlas for any related problems.

by Joanna Davidson on May 23rd, 2014

Dr. Atlas has made me straight again! I have been battling Scoliosis since I was 9 years old. I had surgery back in 1986 and had Harrington rods installed and over the years my remaining discs became completely compressed and I was experiencing extreme pain from sciatica and spinal stenosis to the point I could barely walk or stand. I went to several doctors and Dr. Atlas was the most thorough and confident stating he could make me at least 70% better and for the amount of pain I was living with that gave me great hope. I went with my gut feeling and picked Dr. Atlas for this very complex surgery and am glad I did. I have received exceptional care from Dr. Atlas, his staff and Virtual Memorial Hospital in Mount Holly, NJ, before, during and after my surgery. I’m still in physical therapy recovering from surgery and Dr. Atlas always has made time for any questions, concerns, etc. I have had. He has even called on his personal cell to ensure I was feeling ok while I was in the hospital. I would recommend and have already recommended my friends and family to Dr. Atlas.

|  Four Star Review  |  show details
by Michael Gavio on May 19th, 2014

Dr. Atlas listened when I described my back pain, and found and corrected the problem. He has performed 4 surgeries on my back, and corrected problems that I had suffered from for years.

|  Thank You Dr.Atlas!  |  show details
by R. Gooch on May 9th, 2014

Having Sciatica was an agonizing ordeal that I suffered through for months. When my PCM put my care into the hands of dr. Atlas, I didn't know it yet but I was in great caring hands. Being a younger patient made things a lot more complicated because there was so much information to process & of course it took time for me to understand, and Dr. Atlas was patient with me, answering any questions I had. I appreciate the steps he took to eliminate every other possible option before I finally decided to have surgery done. I had surgery in December 2013 and I am so grateful that he has helped me get my life back under control. I feel great! & if I had any reoccurring problems Atlas Spine would be the first phone call. Dr. Atlas is highly recommended in my book. Thank you Dr. Atlas!

|  Surgery for Cervical Fusion with Instrumentation (3/11/2014)  |  show details
by Victor Rodriguez on Apr 28th, 2014

I had many months with no sleep, suffering and not being able to stand up then I finally found out about Dr. Atlas. For many months I had a lot of sharp pain on my neck, back, and legs. I also had tingling pain on my arms and hands.I had a lot of weakness on all of those parts. I had a feeling that my arms were going to just fall off because of the pain. In my first visit at Dr. Atlas office he let us know that he could help me out with all of the pain I had. He recommend me that surgery would be the an option for me. My surgery was a complete success with the help of Dr. Atlas. Dr. Atlas told us that it was going to be 85% of improvement but I feel like it was 100% of improvement. Thanks to Dr. Atlas! I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Atlas to anyone. Thank you Dr. Atlas for everything!!

|  Surgery for Spinal Stenosis  |  show details
by Jeanette L. on Apr 9th, 2014

My surgery was a complete success. Dr. Atlas said I would improve by 85% and I am actually 100% healed. I was in alot of pain and now I have no pain at all. I would highly recommend Dr. Atlas for back surgery!

|  Dr atlas  |  show details
by ken on Apr 1st, 2014

Dr atlas was very professional and took the time to explain and go over everything I needed to know. I would recommend Dr Atlas to anyone that needs a great surgeon

|  Dr. Atlas gave me back my life  |  show details
by Cynthia Doyle on Mar 26th, 2014

Back in October 2013, I began to have tingling in both of my hands ~ it felt like they were falling asleep. By December, I had no feeling in either hand; my fingers were numb and I couldn't even button a button ~ my hands felt like lobster claws. I was referred to Dr. Atlas who found an impingement to my spinal cord. He removed the impingement and replaced a disc in my neck. The feeling has returned to my fingers and hands and I can do anything I want again. I highly recommend Dr. Atlas ~ he gave me back my life !

|  Gave Me My Life Back!  |  show details
by Sarah on Mar 24th, 2014

I was reticent to turn to surgery to fix a back issue. But, when it became clear that that was my only option, I was given Dr. Atlas' name by several friends in the medical field. It was the best decision I could have made. Dr. Atlas is an amazing surgeon who was direct and honest with me throughout the process.

|  best back surgeon!  |  show details
by selenia c gonzales on Feb 9th, 2014

Honest would not push for surgery first would try first other methods to help you first completely trusted his judgement!

|  Spinal Surgery: Spinal Stenosis  |  show details
by Shirley B on Jan 6th, 2014

Hi, I was suffering with chronic and debilitating back pain for about 2 years. It had gotten to a point where I couldn't walk or stand. This is when I finally agreed with my family dr and had an MRI. It wasn't until I had the MRI that I came to terms with how bad it actually was. The Radiologist told me I needed to go straight to the ER for emergency surgery. Here is where I met the wonderful Dr. Atlas. Needless to say I was scared but Dr. Atlas eased all of my fears and explained every single detail. He advised this was the worse herniation he has seen in his career but he assured me I was in great hands and the surgery would be the only option. I am now 3 months post opt and I have to say that i am grateful to Dr. Atlas and his team!!! I am back to 100% with no pain. He literally gave me my life back. I would recommend Atlas Spinal to anyone! If you want a caring and knowledgeable Dr, who is a Top Doc in his field choose, Atlas Spine.

|  He's The Best!  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2014

After 4 back surgeries over 20 years, I finally found a Doctor who actually relieved my back pain! I knew immediately after I woke up that the surgery was a success. I'm now 50-60% pain free. I felt so good that I was able to go home two days after my back surgery. Now I'm looking forward to pool therapy to get my muscles back in shape. And I'm looking forward to a much better life! Every time I see Dr. Atlas, I want to hug him for all he has done for me! You no longer have to go to Philly to get outstanding back surgery. BTW, the Virtua Memorial Hospital in Mount Holly was unbelievable. Super clean. The nursing staff was very professional. They couldn't do enough for me.

|  Spinal Fusion Surgery  |  show details
by Jayne Foreit on Nov 18th, 2013

In my first visit with Dr. Atlas, any fears I had with the fusion surgery were relieved with his calm assurances, his thorough explanation of the procedure, and his confidence that my recovery would be comfortable. My operation was completed and I was released from the hospital the next day, pain free. Recovery has progressed pain free and without any surprises. Dr. Atlas is a, caring, and knowledgeable professional whose objective is the well being of the patient. His staff is courteous, attentive, and represents the high quality standards set by Dr. Atlas.

|  What an amazing doctor!!!!!!!  |  show details
by Lisa Caceres on Oct 7th, 2013

Since June 27, 2013, I was a prisoner of my couch. I am a women with no insurance. I had a huge herniated disc that was the discomfort of all this grieve. No one would see me because I had no insurance. That is until Dr Atlas came into the picture. It did not matter to him that I had no insurance. He was more concerned that I was in pain and needed surgery to relieve the pain I was in. September 24th was the day of surgery!! Surgery went great and now Iam on the road to recovery. Thank you so much Dr. Atlas it will never be forgotten what you did for me. I can now resume my life because of you!!

|  Thank You Dr. Atlas  |  show details
by marjorie stabilito on Oct 4th, 2013

One day i woke up unable to pick up my leg, I was refered to Dr. Atlas for my back i needed surgery. I am very happy i went with the surgery you with you im walking thanks to Dr. Atlas. The back is healed and im very happy.

|  Back Surgery  |  show details
by Beebe , Rita on Sep 25th, 2013

Dr. Atlas performed surgery on my back while I was in the hospital. He was very nice and the surgery went well. I would highly recommend Dr. Atlas to anyone that has back problems.

|  Spine Operation  |  show details
by Robert E Seufert on Sep 10th, 2013

Before operation I could not walk a block with out paine in my legs so bad i would cry. but after the operation Iam able to walk with no pain at all. Dr atlas told me that I could live with the pain or have the operation . I am glad I had the operation.

by John W. on Sep 9th, 2013

Dr. Atlas was professional and honest when telling me about my diagnosis. His staff was courteous and prompt with appointments and calling in prescriptions. He came highly recommended by various health professionals, so it made the decision to get spinal surgery easy. His bedside manner was excellent. The follow up and after care continues to be a pleasant experience.

by Juanita s. on Aug 29th, 2013

Dr. Atlas and his staff are wonderful. He has a GREAT bedside manner. He really listens to what you have to say and doesn't dismiss it. I would highly recommend his office to anyone. Excellent!!!!

|  Finally, a doctor who would do something!  |  show details
by Joanne S on Aug 28th, 2013

After several years of suffering with multiple back issues and consulting with "the best " doctors for relief, Dr. Atlas was recommended to me. He was truthful with me from the very start. I had to choose between the pain and the weakness in my leg which was causing me to trip and fall too often. Without explaining the long version of my story, I chose to deal with the weakness in my leg. He explained exactly what he would be doing and the outcome he expected. Six weeks post surgery, and the expectations were reached prior to this time. The pain has returned with increased activity as Dr. Atlas warned me. But the dangers of the leg weakness have been thwarted. Perhaps at my 2 month visit we can come to terms with some of the pain. I was warned of Dr. Atlas' " lack of bedside manner" prior to my first visit, but the warning was unnecessary. I found him to afford me all the time I needed to thoroughly understand what he was proposing. He sometimes speaks too quickly, but has no problem repeating or rephrasing what he says. He's given me hope where I had very little. A "Top Doc" in my book!

|  Spinal Surgery  |  show details
by Richard T. Edelen on Aug 23rd, 2013

Dr. Atlas, preformed a spinal surgery on me on April 17th. 2013. My back is responding faster then I excepted. I'm not out of pain yet, but I'm working hard towards recovery. Dr. Atlas took the time to explain to me and my wife what he was going to do during the procedure . Dr. Atlas answered all our questions . I never felt rushed. I would refer family and friends to Dr. Atlas.

|  Absolutely Amazing  |  show details
by Joe Schramm on Aug 19th, 2013

After 119 days of complete leg numbness, massive pain and 5 other spine surgical consults I found myself meeting with Dr Atlas, this was my last stop! I can not say enough good things about him and his staff. Dr Atlas took the time to listen to me and review all options available for my treatment. He made sure that surgery was the best decision for me my health and his own safty during the procedure. He explained every little detail to make me and my family comfortable prior to, during and after the surgery. Four hours later I was up and walking around the hospital with no assistance and more importantly with no pain. I could not be happier with a doctor. Aside from Dr Atlas, his staff is one of the best office straff's I have ever dealt with. They are all friendly happy faces all the time and extremely accomidating to the paitents needs. i have never had to wait more then 2-3minutes in the waiting room. Shannon and the girls are the best and they work for the best! Dr Atlas proved that you do not "have to go over the bridge to the city" to get the top notch care from a specialist thats needed. Dr Atlas will have all of my recommendations for years to come!

Aug 15th, 2013

Dr. Atlas is an outstanding doctor. The care I receive from him is exceptional starting with his correct diagnosis of my condition all the way to the after surgery care. His bedside manners are remarkable. He made me feel at ease about my surgery. His skills are exceptional and the level of caring about performing his best is amazing. He is professional, caring and compassionate. He takes his time to explain and answer any/all questions/concerns and never makes me feel rushed. He is "one of a kind" doctor. The staff is also very helpful and caring. I am very grateful for having him as my Doctor. He is the kind of Physician you stick with for life. Tank you Dr. Atlas.

|  got my life back  |  show details
by antony stelmach on Jul 24th, 2013

Great doctor did my second back surguey tookmost of the pain awaycan move again .l can go to the bathroom andnot suffer,lean tobrush my theeth not hurt,l still have some pain not like it use to be.now my grand child can play with me with out taking pain meds before play time . Thanks dr atlas for listening to me, lmproved my life great dotor with very good careing staff. Thankyou

by Margaret A Gregory on Jul 14th, 2013

Dr Atlas is very professional and accurate in his diagnosis of my condition. It has now been 4 months since my surgery and I am constantly improving. I would recommend him to anyone. He is a very compassionate and understands your needs.

|  Excellent care  |  show details
by wesley mucik on Jun 28th, 2013

The care I received from Dr. Atlas and his staff was nothing less than professional. Dr. Atlas provided me with a concise diagnosis within moments of my first consultation. His genuine concern and empathy were both comforting and relieving. I felt confident in his competence and his diagnosis of my condition. I felt no concerns about the surgery and was never worried. Shortly after the surgery Dr. Atlas visited with me by my bed side and reviewed the procedure. Dr. Atlas and his staff kept me and my wife well informed every step of the way and never left us wondering what would happen next. Dr. Atlas' staff are warm and personable as well as competent in every definition of the word. I hope that I never need another spinal surgery or surgery in general at all for the rest of my life, but if I do I would not have anyone other than Dr. Atlas and his team of professionals perform it.

|  Patient  |  show details
by John F. Britton on Jun 25th, 2013

All i can say is excellent in all categories Thank you Dr. Atlas

|  Mr  |  show details
by Thomas J Kurtz Jr on Jun 10th, 2013

Dr. Atlas outside of being a very skilled surgeon has an excellent bed side manner. When I broke my neck Dr. Atlas put me at ease and explained everything that was going to take place to fix me up. I have to say that Dr.Atlas is the best. I can't say enough about how plesed I am to have Dr. Atlas repair my neck. Cudo' to him and his very professional staff.

by Stella Engle on Jun 4th, 2013

I was afraid when the words back surgery came up,but I'm old and the procedures i had heard about were back in the day.Dr Atlas put me completly at ease.He explained exactly what needed to be done,and how he would do it.I was diognosed with Spinal Stenosis,scary,very scarey.,but the good news is,after my surgery the pain was gone and I can walk again without worrying about falling and breaking a hip.I would highly recommend Dr.Atlas to anyone .He was wonderful with me.

|  Changed my life!  |  show details
by Ruth E. Fiedler on May 7th, 2013

Dr. Atlas and his staff have been wonderful. I needed surgery to stabilize my spine. It has been a little less then three weeks since the surgery, and what a difference! He has changed my life!

May 7th, 2013

I had a lot of pain in my back going on 4 years & I felt like I was out of options. I was getting the shots in my back but after about 6 weeks the pain was back. I couldn't stand for longer than 10 minutes & walking was really difficult. My wife was tired of me complaining about my back. I had to do something about it. Dr Atlas was recommended to me from a Dr. So I made an appt. with him. I had all my x-rays & MRI films. Dr Atlas said I had Spinal Stenosis. After he explained the surgery that he would do after he looked at all my films. The staff schedule my surgery in Janurary & everything went good. I have no pain & I can do things now around the house that I was neglecting before. My wife is happy that I am not complaining anymore. It is amazing why did I suffer so long, but I had to find out about Dr Atlas . He is a Great Guy & a Great Surgeon. If anyone is suffering with back pain don't wait make an appt. with Dr Atlas. My wife & I are glad I did. Pain Free !

|  Amazing Doctor with Expert Hands  |  show details
by Mary Ann B. on Apr 14th, 2013

I had spinal fusion surgery in April2009...from that time I was never the same. A friend gave me the name of Dr. Atlas, I made an appointment and he had to do another fusion. The entire process went smoothly and his entire staff was very helpful to me. I wold recommend him to anyone. Excellent surgeon!!!!

|  Awsome doctor with magic hands  |  show details
by Debbie Morrissey on Apr 3rd, 2013

My mother had back surgery with a neurosurgeon thoracic back in 2001 for a herniated disc. She has never been the same since this surgery and has always had pain, frequent falls and her left leg dragging. The pain and symptoms became worse and her family doctor ordered and mri which showed that she had cord compression. Her PCP told her to make an appointment to see Dr. Atlas. She called on a Thursday and was given an appointment for Monday of the following week. When we went to see him he pulled up her MRI films and told her he needed xrays and gave her a script and sent us to Larchmont Imaging. He told us when we were done with the xrays to come right back to his office. He then reviewed the xrays and discussed her options. He told her because of the cord compression, that if this was not fixed, she would eventually become paralyzed. We opted, of course, for the surgery. Shannon had the surgery scheduled for 2 wks later and had all of the appointments for her clearances scheduled (3 different appointments) Then came the day of the surgery and Dr. Atlas was AMAZING!!! He met with us before the surgery and then again after the surgery. A few hours after surgery, the feeling returned to her toes which had been numb and the pain down the left leg and along the inside of her legs was gone. I told him he has magic hands! In closing, Dr. Atlas and his staff are the most professional, caring people that I have come across in a long time.

|  Dr. Atlas and his staff is A #1 - A Doctor you must try.  |  show details
by Lisa Moller on Mar 24th, 2013

Dr. Orin Atlas is the most kindest and patient Doctor that I have ever met. He has helped cure my horrible back and leg pain. He is very patient and spends as much time with you as you want. He gives you options that are available for your condition and patiently helps you pick out what is best for you. His staff is awesome. They assist you and are courteous and get you an appointment quickly. You get to see him exactly when your appointment is. Dr. Rob is also the most kindest and patient Doctor that I have ever met. If you want a back and surgeon doctor that you can highly trust, you must visit this office. I will never go anywhere else. They ease your concerns and are, in fact, concerned about only your best interests.

by Donna M on Mar 21st, 2013

Dr Atlas did a great job doing spine surgery on the herniated disc in my neck.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Stephen J Malecki on Mar 20th, 2013

I went to Doctor Atlas with back and leg pain that I had been suffering with for years. He took the time to explain my condition and recommended a surgical procedure that would cure my condition. Today I am pain free.

by william young on Mar 4th, 2013

after spending 3 days in hospital with sever lower back pain &rt leg pain no knowing which way to go with this herd of horror stories with back problems and so on thought i was done but got hooked up with dr atlas opon meeting him just new he was the dr to take care of my back he wasnt in a hurry to do surgery tried p/t first he gave me options then he did surgery on L4 L5 S1that was on 11/14/12 I have since went back to work as mechanic feeling better than ever i would highly recomend Dr atlas and his associate Dr rob O and very nice staff !

by G.E. Porch on Mar 4th, 2013

I was unable to stand in one place for more than 5 minutes and could not walk more than a block without severe pain. I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis. It is now almost 4 months after Dr Atlas operated and I am free of pain. Everyone involved was extremely helpful

by Shawn Vaughn on Feb 27th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Orin K. Atlas since September 2012, and I am very much satisfied with the care that he and his wonderful staff have provided me.

by Karen B. on Feb 19th, 2013

I had a spinal fusion in the cervical area after experiencing loss of strength and feeling in my hands, after reviewing the MRI, Dr. Atlas expressed a sense of urgency to get it rectified. It is now week three post surgery and I have all my strength back and getting better every day. The staff was wonderful as well. Very curtious, show attention to detail, and are reliable on documentation needs. I would highly recommend Atlas Spine, and Dr. Atlas to anyone.

|  Level 1 Fusion  |  show details
by Laurie Giangrasso on Feb 14th, 2013

I had a Level 1 Fusion on my lower spine (L-5). Dr. Atlas was wonderful in explaining the surgery details and what to expect after surgery. It has been 6 weeks since my surgery and my back feels better than it has in YEARS! I know I will never be 100% better but I feel 100% better than I did before surgery! Dr. Atlas staff was wonderful in setting up all my appointments (MRI, Dr. Appt., Hospital appt., etc..). I would highly recommend Dr. Atlas in the future.

|  Retired  |  show details
by James G. on Jan 29th, 2013

Totally Informed. No surprises and always felt my needs were met. Would recommend Dr. Atlas to all.

|  I can walk without pain.  |  show details
Nov 25th, 2012

AMAZING! For years I sought relief from what other doctors said was "an intractable pain - incapable of any relief". When I initially saw Dr. Atlas I immediately felt something I hadn't thought of in years - HOPE! Prior to meeting Dr. Atlas I was wheelchair bound, in horrific pain, feeling utterly worthless. Every day I prayed my life would end so I could know peace.Dr. Atlas performed surgery on my spine, inserting what are known as a Harrington rods from my neck to my pelvis. Dr. Atlas would joke at times saying "pelvis; rhymes with Elvis...I'm all shook up!". Oh well, he got me to smile. Life is so different now - no more pain, no more wheelchair. Last weekend I ran in the Princeton Half Marathon - my time wasn't great, but I finished. Dr. Atlas took my loser lifestyle and turned it around to make me a winner. Every day at my job - even my boss, will look at me and say "you're a miracle, a real miracle."

|  compassionate  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2012

Dr Atlas takes the time to get to know you as a person. He is extremely sympathetic to the life altering effects back pain has regarding quality of life, ability to function, and do the things you love. He shows interest in his patients emotional health working to continue one's ability to maintain as active a life style as possible with out causing further injury. I trust him to always do what is best for me. In fact I have taken my son to him as well and as everyone knows, to put your child in the hands of any Dr. a Mother has to have complete belief that said Dr. will treat your child as though he were his own. I think that speaks volumes as to his dedication to his patients and their well being.

|  BACK SURGURY  |  show details
Oct 10th, 2012

DR. ORIN ATLAS CAME TO MY RESCUE......WOKE UP, NO MOVEMENT IN LEFT SIDE, WAS TAKEN TO ER......DIAGNOSED & REFERED TO DR. ATLAS.....TRIED EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO RELIEVE PAIN & RESTORE MOVEMENT & FEELING WITH OUT SURGURY. AFTER THERAPY & TRACTION DID NOT SHOW A POSITIVE RESPONSE, WE DISCUSSED POSSIBLE SURGURIES THAT COULD HELP SOLVE MY PROBLEM. WE HAD 2 SURGURIES BY DR ATLAS. I WOULD RECCOMEMND HIS SERVICES TO ANYONE

Oct 9th, 2012

I would recommend Dr. Atlas to other patients with spinal issues. Great bed side manner and staff was very caring.

|  Great Doctor!  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2012

Dr Atlas and his staff are extremely friendly. I have had right leg pain for a year & seen multiple dr's. No one, until Dr. Atlas, diagnosed my problem correctly and recommended the appropriate treatment. Thanks to Dr. Atlas I am now out of pain and can continue living a very active life. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone!

|  The WORST Dr I have EVER seen  |  show details
Sep 21st, 2012

After 8-10 X-Each time Dr ask why I was there, did I bring films, like he had never seen me beforeTotally a Dr for workers comp, could careless about patientNO bedside manner, went for a neck/shoulder injury, in almost a year had only 2 MRI's (he stated workers comp wouldnt pay for mri with contrast or for surgery)He doesnt care about his patients at all, he does what he thinks workers comp will pay him for...

|  THE WORST!!!!!  |  show details
by B Swain on Sep 10th, 2012

I saw Dr Atlas for spinal stenosis. He walked in the room and said "you need surgery and if you're worried about dying on the table don't be ridiculous" He never went over my other very serious medical conditions or the fact I am on Coumadin. He also said after all of that, that he didn't even look at my MRI films. I wouldn't lt that man treat the worst person alive!!!!!

|  Dr. Atlas my surgeon  |  show details
Jan 30th, 2012

Dr. Atlas has performed two surgeries on my back...I had what is called a Synovial Cyst located on my L5 area...first time he removed the cyst on my left side...2nd time he removed cyst on my right side and also did a fusion on the L5...I am very happy with Dr. Atlas and his whole team..very knowledgable ....very professional, caring, welcoming, quick to get all my insurance paper work done....they made me feel at ease and that is why i continue to go back to the office and would recommend Dr. Atlas to anyone who is having spinal problems!

Jun 8th, 2011

Doctor And Entire Staff Are Really Friendly.. Im Glad I Had Dr. Atlas

|  An exceptional surgeon and doctor!  |  show details
by Ken Hartery Audubon NJ on May 23rd, 2011

You know when you meet someone for the first time, one can generally get the true picture of another. I liked Dr. Orin Atlasimediately, he is honest and no bullshit. He tells you exactly how it is, and he gives you options and choices. He takes time to explain to you what the procedures are and he explains so that the lay person understands. I have complete trust in Dr. Atlas. I am 6 weeks post op from the spinal fusion he did for me at L-4 L-5. I went to see him today with my post op x-rays. He is so happy with the way I'm walking and getting around. Now we are discussing the surgery for my neck, as I have nerves being pinched at 2 levels. I am sure that the upcoming neck surgery will be a success because I have a great doctor, and I'm glad I found him.

|  Dr. Saved my husbands Life!  |  show details
May 6th, 2011

As numerous trips to the emergency room, and being sent home with pain pills, this doctor took the time to evaluate and perform emergency surgery on my husband that safed his life. My husband had an abssess on his spinal cord that could have burst and this was the one and only doctor that took the time to discover the problem and fix it after at least 3 trips to the er. Dr. Atlas's follow up care far exceeded any expectations. Thank you Dr. Atlas because of you I hope to have an other 28 years with him

|  Finally found a real doctor!!  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2011

I had back pain for years and other doctors just wanted to shoot me up with steroids which did nothing for me. I heard about Dr. Orin Atlas from a friend of mine, so I set up an appt. Upon meeting Dr. Atlas, I had a real good feeling about him, he knew exactly what the problem was at L-4 L-5. The surgery is set for Mon. 4-11-11, wish me luck,but I have a lot of confidence in Dr.Atlas. I will get back to you after the surgery.

|  Disc Replacement  |  show details
by John V Scott on Mar 21st, 2010

Dr. Atlas - I would recommend him without hesiation to anybody how has a spine problem. He took the time to explain the procedure to my wife and myself in terms that a lay person would understand. Even better he would be a person that you would sit down with and drink a cold beer with. I can't say enough about how great of a person he is. God bless him. John Scott

|  great healer  |  show details
by John J. Taggart on Jan 3rd, 2010

Dr. Atlas is a fantastic surgon as well as a great person. He has operated on me twice with profound success. He spent alot of time explaning things to me as well as caring for me after my surgeries. When I first went to him several years ago and had no insurance, he took care of me for free. He is always willing to listen to you and give you the "RIGHT" advice.I will let no other doctor touch me except Dr. Atlas. The only criticizim I have is not of the Dr., but of the staff at the office which I found to be very rude and down right nasty to the patients. After telling the Doctor of this, things have been alot better. The staff was like this even before he started working there.If you want the best back surgon in the country, then call Dr. Atlas. This is not only my opinion but the opinion of the other Drs. at U of P and Rothman that I went to see for a second opinion!!! Sincerely, John J. Taggart

Jan 25th, 2009

great spine doctor

Nov 3rd, 2008

VERY ALOOF AND STANDOFFISH; ALWAYS IN A HURRY

|  A Rare Find!  |  show details
by RSD Patient on Aug 20th, 2008

Dr. Atlas was terrific! I have seen countles doctors over the years and Dr. Altas was superb. The office staff was kind, courtious simpathetic and attended to my needs. My appointment with the doctor was insightful and hopeful; he suggested waiting on the tumor surgery due my neurological disorder, but sent me for a "new" type of PT. the Pt worked and I am actually walking now with the aid of a forearm crutch. I would definately see Dr. Atlas again if needed and strongly reccomend him.