Dr. Orin Atlas, MD
Orthopaedic Surgeon

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Not very good show details Not very good
by Kevin L. on Mar 29th, 2016

Spent over an hour driving there. Waited 1/2 hour for him to see me. He over books his appointments. Then waited 20 minutes in room till he came in to see me, didn't even take time to look at the cd with the xrays of my back that I had all he did was ask me what problem was and I also explained I was trying physical therapy and all he said was keep it up. You would think he would at least look at the xray first.

Excellent show details Excellent
Mar 22nd, 2016

Dr. Atlas has been the best spine doctor I have seen across the three states I have lived in. He was the first doctor to suggest a less invasive procedure before doing a more invasive one. He was right! After my surgery I was back up and walking. His staff and himself are always friendly, and offer very quick service.

by Larry Rogers on Jan 29th, 2016

Excellent outcome. Wish he was closer to Cherry Hill.

by Dale Reavely on Jan 19th, 2016

A crucial member of my medical team. The only doctor I trust for spine surgery. Friendly, professional, and very thorough with treatment and followup care. The staff is warm, caring, makes sure all administrative needs are done quickly. Without Dr Atlas, I would be alive but not living life.

by cindy quinn on Jan 7th, 2016

dr. atlas is an awesome dr I had a cage put in my back in 2012 by another dr I was still in very bad pain for 3 yrs after that surgery went to see dr atlas he did some testing found out my cage never fused so he had to repair the cage that was put in in 2012 I'm so happy I went to dr.atlas he gave me my life back I'm about 75 percent better then iwas before I went to see him no more back pain no pain going down my legs my big toe is no longer numb all I can say is thank you dr.atlas and anyone who has back problems please go see dr.atlas he will fix you right up

The best surgeon ever show details The best surgeon ever
by Cheryl Grider on Dec 8th, 2015

Call this surgeon!!! After years of living in pain from multiple spine problems whick ultimately had me walking in a bent over position that only allowed me to look at other people's feet, I have NO spine pain! I researched other surgeons, but none compare to Dr. Atlas. My first visit with him felt like I had known him and his staff forever...they have a wonderful ability of making you feel welcome and you just know they are there to help. And help they did...Thank you for giving my life back!!

by Marcia on Nov 20th, 2015

Dr. Atlas did my my Spinal Fusion in 2008 best, nicest and most professional staff I have ever dealt with. He is truly a gifted and caring doctor and his staff treat me like family

Great Work! show details Great Work!
by Matthew Dusablon on Nov 9th, 2015

I am an active duty military officer that was having back pain for 6 years. Dr. Atlas and his team corrected my issue with a minor surgery. I feel 10 times better. Thank You!!!

by George (Kerry) Pittington on Nov 4th, 2015

I found DR Atlas and the entire team to be the best of the best. I am very impressed with the surgery, and outcome of my spinal fusion

Excellent Surgeon! show details Excellent Surgeon!
by D.Michael on Oct 12th, 2015

I am so greatful to him. I can to him with back pain. He new what is was and fixed it as fast as he could. Now I have no pain at all! I have never felt more comfortable or Confident with a Doctor. He is just the Best! Dr.Atlas and his staff are the Best ever! Thanks for everything!

Dr Atlas Surgery show details Dr Atlas Surgery
by Brian on Oct 1st, 2015

Suffered back pain for years, completed PT injections all with no help. Finally went to see Dr. Atlas he ordered new xrays and MRI. reviewed everything with me and gave me my options on the course of treatment. I elected to go with the spinal fusion explained in detail to me and my wife about the surgery and recovery in detail. 4 months since surgery and feeling great. Great Doctor.

by Edwin Yeckley on Jul 16th, 2015

Dr. Atlas was very good with me. I explained my pain, he sent me for xrays and then diagnosed my back. He explained how surgery could correct the aliangment of my backbone. My wife came on the next visit and Dr, Atlas explained to her the procedure he would use.

Simply the best show details Simply the best
by norman channel on Jul 12th, 2015

DR. Atlas is simply the best. He took time to explain my spinal stenosis surgery to me. I will call his practice, "Medicine with compassion". I see a lot of elderly patients at his office and notice that they are all treated with respect and compassion.

Glad I went to Atlas show details Glad I went to Atlas
by Sciatica on Jul 8th, 2015

My wife who is an OT and works with PT's got a recommendation due to the success rate of patients who came to the PT's for treatment after treatment by Dr. Atlas . He ordered me a new MRI and reviewed results/pictures with me and explained the options. I had a laminectomy and after 6 weeks post op feel a whole lot better. This followed 8 epidurals thru Rothman and being told surgery was not an option. Dr. Atlas's office handled all the insurance and hospital set ups. Listen to the recommendations of therapists as they see which doctor is best. I hope you heal well.

by eric holder on Jul 1st, 2015

I had an extreme pain all the way down my left after standing for five minutes. It was diagnose by Dr. Atlas as a bulging disc pressing against my sciatic nerve. I elect to have surgery which went wonderfully well and I am now totally without pain. I never felt as comfortable and confident with a Dr. and staff before as I was with Dr. Atlas and his staff. thank you for everything you and your staff did for me.

Apr 29th, 2015

Excellent Surgeon

Apr 16th, 2015

Dr Atlas and staff is the BEST!!!!

A hard doctor to finde word don't express his specialty show details A hard doctor to finde word don't express his specialty
by Elinor Ferko on Apr 4th, 2015

An exelent doctor Never felt better didn't need any pain medication after the sergury exelent

by JAMES MCKEOWN on Mar 22nd, 2015

operation on 345s1 a complete success no pain very happy with. D R ATLAS

by Tom Kanzler on Mar 16th, 2015

Dr. Atlas expertly diagnosed my condition & performed a discectomy and laminectomy. It brought immediate relief! I was free of symptoms immediately after surgery. Dr. Atlas is an expert surgeon and I highly recommend him.

Feb 18th, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Atlas by my oncologist. He saw me immediately and arranged for my surgery the next day. He made sure I understood my options and conferred diligently with my oncologist for my best outcome. I would refer Dr. Atlas highly to anyone needing spine and back surgery.

by Patrick Davitt on Feb 15th, 2015

Dr Atlas performed emergency spinal surgery on me. He was professional in every regard. Wonderful!

awesome show details awesome
by irving deringer on Feb 6th, 2015

dr atlas took me as a emergency patient. was amazing . had me in operating room in 1 and a half days. now i can walk again. he was kind and so understanding

Excellent job, would recommend Dr. Atlas highly show details Excellent job, would recommend Dr. Atlas highly
by Martin K. on Jan 28th, 2015

Diagnosis was right on the money. Surgery was good. NO MORE LEG PAIN

by Charles Linton Jr. on Jan 6th, 2015

I meet Dr. Atlas in the ER after my 3rd. visit with sever abdominal and back pain. I could not ask for a better Dr. and PA. They both were there with me stayed with me in the ER explaining everything to me. Gave me a appointment right there for his office and then had me scheduled for surgery within 3 days. I would recommend him to everyone. I am a Correctional Officer and need a strong back and this man made it happen again.

by Brenda Oldfield on Dec 17th, 2014

I would highly recommend Dr Atlas to anyone who is in need of back surgery. He changed my life, my attitude- he gave me hope and the best professional care that anyone could ask for. He takes the time to listen an truly seems to care about his patients. I will always be thankful that I found him. I finally got results. My family an mostly my husband, will never forget his help!

by Brenda on Dec 17th, 2014

Compassionate, caring, professional had me walking pain free again Thank you

He's The Best show details He's The Best
by Irvene on Nov 11th, 2014

Dr. Atlas exudes confidence which is comforting and important to the patient when undergoing serious surgery (especially when you are 88 years old)! From the moment you enter Dr. Atlas' office for the first time, you feel at ease and cared for by all members of his remarkable staff. I am thrilled that I chose Dr. Atlas as my surgeon. When you find the best, who needs the rest!

Atlas Spine show details Atlas Spine
by Gemila D Stevenson on Oct 3rd, 2014

Dr.Atlas and his staff were great. From the time of my diagnosis to the treatment it took less than 30 days. I am pain free thanks to Dr. Atlas!!!

5 STARS IN MY BOOK!!! show details 5 STARS IN MY BOOK!!!
by CARNEY GATLING on Aug 5th, 2014

I am truley blessed to have found an amzing doctor to perform my back surgery. Words can not express how grateful I am for the amzing job Dr Atlas has done for me. Six months after surgery I feel 100% better!! I would truley like to thank Dr Atlas and his amazing staff for all they have done for me.

Juris Doctor show details Juris Doctor
by Donald C. Simpson, Esq. on Jul 4th, 2014

I always swore I would never let ANY doctor touch my spine. When it appeared that I had no choice, I interviewed several before selecting Dr. Atlas. He did not try to sell me on the kind of surgery he would perform but he spent a great deal of time educating me in detail so that I fully understood the approach he would use and I had NO doubt that he was the doctor I wanted working on my spine. The results have been spectacular, and my evaluation was fully justified. Further, has kept my wife in the loop at all times, and she shares my views.

Great Doc show details Great Doc
by Gregory S on May 28th, 2014

.Dr. Atlas has treated me for neck and back pain for the past few years. I am currently pain free thanks to his care. He has surgically repaired bad cervical and lumbar discs. I was most impressed with his reluctance to rush into surgery. He first exhausted other options such as PT and injections. I have no reservations about referring family and friends to Dr. Atlas for any related problems.

by Joanna Davidson on May 23rd, 2014

Dr. Atlas has made me straight again! I have been battling Scoliosis since I was 9 years old. I had surgery back in 1986 and had Harrington rods installed and over the years my remaining discs became completely compressed and I was experiencing extreme pain from sciatica and spinal stenosis to the point I could barely walk or stand. I went to several doctors and Dr. Atlas was the most thorough and confident stating he could make me at least 70% better and for the amount of pain I was living with that gave me great hope. I went with my gut feeling and picked Dr. Atlas for this very complex surgery and am glad I did. I have received exceptional care from Dr. Atlas, his staff and Virtual Memorial Hospital in Mount Holly, NJ, before, during and after my surgery. I’m still in physical therapy recovering from surgery and Dr. Atlas always has made time for any questions, concerns, etc. I have had. He has even called on his personal cell to ensure I was feeling ok while I was in the hospital. I would recommend and have already recommended my friends and family to Dr. Atlas.

Four Star Review show details Four Star Review
by Michael Gavio on May 19th, 2014

Dr. Atlas listened when I described my back pain, and found and corrected the problem. He has performed 4 surgeries on my back, and corrected problems that I had suffered from for years.

Surgery for Cervical Fusion with Instrumentation (3/11/2014) show details Surgery for Cervical Fusion with Instrumentation (3/11/2014)
by Victor Rodriguez on Apr 28th, 2014

I had many months with no sleep, suffering and not being able to stand up then I finally found out about Dr. Atlas. For many months I had a lot of sharp pain on my neck, back, and legs. I also had tingling pain on my arms and hands.I had a lot of weakness on all of those parts. I had a feeling that my arms were going to just fall off because of the pain. In my first visit at Dr. Atlas office he let us know that he could help me out with all of the pain I had. He recommend me that surgery would be the an option for me. My surgery was a complete success with the help of Dr. Atlas. Dr. Atlas told us that it was going to be 85% of improvement but I feel like it was 100% of improvement. Thanks to Dr. Atlas! I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Atlas to anyone. Thank you Dr. Atlas for everything!!

Surgery for Spinal Stenosis show details Surgery for Spinal Stenosis
by Jeanette L. on Apr 9th, 2014

My surgery was a complete success. Dr. Atlas said I would improve by 85% and I am actually 100% healed. I was in alot of pain and now I have no pain at all. I would highly recommend Dr. Atlas for back surgery!

Dr atlas show details Dr atlas
by ken on Apr 1st, 2014

Dr atlas was very professional and took the time to explain and go over everything I needed to know. I would recommend Dr Atlas to anyone that needs a great surgeon

Gave Me My Life Back! show details Gave Me My Life Back!
by Sarah on Mar 24th, 2014

I was reticent to turn to surgery to fix a back issue. But, when it became clear that that was my only option, I was given Dr. Atlas' name by several friends in the medical field. It was the best decision I could have made. Dr. Atlas is an amazing surgeon who was direct and honest with me throughout the process.

best back surgeon! show details best back surgeon!
by selenia c gonzales on Feb 9th, 2014

Honest would not push for surgery first would try first other methods to help you first completely trusted his judgement!

Spinal Surgery: Spinal Stenosis show details Spinal Surgery: Spinal Stenosis
by Shirley B on Jan 6th, 2014

Hi, I was suffering with chronic and debilitating back pain for about 2 years. It had gotten to a point where I couldn't walk or stand. This is when I finally agreed with my family dr and had an MRI. It wasn't until I had the MRI that I came to terms with how bad it actually was. The Radiologist told me I needed to go straight to the ER for emergency surgery. Here is where I met the wonderful Dr. Atlas. Needless to say I was scared but Dr. Atlas eased all of my fears and explained every single detail. He advised this was the worse herniation he has seen in his career but he assured me I was in great hands and the surgery would be the only option. I am now 3 months post opt and I have to say that i am grateful to Dr. Atlas and his team!!! I am back to 100% with no pain. He literally gave me my life back. I would recommend Atlas Spinal to anyone! If you want a caring and knowledgeable Dr, who is a Top Doc in his field choose, Atlas Spine.

He's The Best! show details He's The Best!
Jan 5th, 2014

After 4 back surgeries over 20 years, I finally found a Doctor who actually relieved my back pain! I knew immediately after I woke up that the surgery was a success. I'm now 50-60% pain free. I felt so good that I was able to go home two days after my back surgery. Now I'm looking forward to pool therapy to get my muscles back in shape. And I'm looking forward to a much better life! Every time I see Dr. Atlas, I want to hug him for all he has done for me! You no longer have to go to Philly to get outstanding back surgery. BTW, the Virtua Memorial Hospital in Mount Holly was unbelievable. Super clean. The nursing staff was very professional. They couldn't do enough for me.

Spinal Fusion Surgery show details Spinal Fusion Surgery
by Jayne Foreit on Nov 18th, 2013

In my first visit with Dr. Atlas, any fears I had with the fusion surgery were relieved with his calm assurances, his thorough explanation of the procedure, and his confidence that my recovery would be comfortable. My operation was completed and I was released from the hospital the next day, pain free. Recovery has progressed pain free and without any surprises. Dr. Atlas is a, caring, and knowledgeable professional whose objective is the well being of the patient. His staff is courteous, attentive, and represents the high quality standards set by Dr. Atlas.

Thank You Dr. Atlas show details Thank You Dr. Atlas
by marjorie stabilito on Oct 4th, 2013

One day i woke up unable to pick up my leg, I was refered to Dr. Atlas for my back i needed surgery. I am very happy i went with the surgery you with you im walking thanks to Dr. Atlas. The back is healed and im very happy.

Back Surgery show details Back Surgery
by Beebe , Rita on Sep 25th, 2013

Dr. Atlas performed surgery on my back while I was in the hospital. He was very nice and the surgery went well. I would highly recommend Dr. Atlas to anyone that has back problems.

Spine Operation show details Spine Operation
by Robert E Seufert on Sep 10th, 2013

Before operation I could not walk a block with out paine in my legs so bad i would cry. but after the operation Iam able to walk with no pain at all. Dr atlas told me that I could live with the pain or have the operation . I am glad I had the operation.

by John W. on Sep 9th, 2013

Dr. Atlas was professional and honest when telling me about my diagnosis. His staff was courteous and prompt with appointments and calling in prescriptions. He came highly recommended by various health professionals, so it made the decision to get spinal surgery easy. His bedside manner was excellent. The follow up and after care continues to be a pleasant experience.

by Juanita s. on Aug 29th, 2013

Dr. Atlas and his staff are wonderful. He has a GREAT bedside manner. He really listens to what you have to say and doesn't dismiss it. I would highly recommend his office to anyone. Excellent!!!!

Finally, a doctor who would do something! show details Finally, a doctor who would do something!
by Joanne S on Aug 28th, 2013

After several years of suffering with multiple back issues and consulting with "the best " doctors for relief, Dr. Atlas was recommended to me. He was truthful with me from the very start. I had to choose between the pain and the weakness in my leg which was causing me to trip and fall too often. Without explaining the long version of my story, I chose to deal with the weakness in my leg. He explained exactly what he would be doing and the outcome he expected. Six weeks post surgery, and the expectations were reached prior to this time. The pain has returned with increased activity as Dr. Atlas warned me. But the dangers of the leg weakness have been thwarted. Perhaps at my 2 month visit we can come to terms with some of the pain. I was warned of Dr. Atlas' " lack of bedside manner" prior to my first visit, but the warning was unnecessary. I found him to afford me all the time I needed to thoroughly understand what he was proposing. He sometimes speaks too quickly, but has no problem repeating or rephrasing what he says. He's given me hope where I had very little. A "Top Doc" in my book!

Absolutely Amazing show details Absolutely Amazing
by Joe Schramm on Aug 19th, 2013

After 119 days of complete leg numbness, massive pain and 5 other spine surgical consults I found myself meeting with Dr Atlas, this was my last stop! I can not say enough good things about him and his staff. Dr Atlas took the time to listen to me and review all options available for my treatment. He made sure that surgery was the best decision for me my health and his own safty during the procedure. He explained every little detail to make me and my family comfortable prior to, during and after the surgery. Four hours later I was up and walking around the hospital with no assistance and more importantly with no pain. I could not be happier with a doctor. Aside from Dr Atlas, his staff is one of the best office straff's I have ever dealt with. They are all friendly happy faces all the time and extremely accomidating to the paitents needs. i have never had to wait more then 2-3minutes in the waiting room. Shannon and the girls are the best and they work for the best! Dr Atlas proved that you do not "have to go over the bridge to the city" to get the top notch care from a specialist thats needed. Dr Atlas will have all of my recommendations for years to come!

Aug 15th, 2013

Dr. Atlas is an outstanding doctor. The care I receive from him is exceptional starting with his correct diagnosis of my condition all the way to the after surgery care. His bedside manners are remarkable. He made me feel at ease about my surgery. His skills are exceptional and the level of caring about performing his best is amazing. He is professional, caring and compassionate. He takes his time to explain and answer any/all questions/concerns and never makes me feel rushed. He is "one of a kind" doctor. The staff is also very helpful and caring. I am very grateful for having him as my Doctor. He is the kind of Physician you stick with for life. Tank you Dr. Atlas.

got my life back show details got my life back
by antony stelmach on Jul 24th, 2013

Great doctor did my second back surguey tookmost of the pain awaycan move again .l can go to the bathroom andnot suffer,lean tobrush my theeth not hurt,l still have some pain not like it use to be.now my grand child can play with me with out taking pain meds before play time . Thanks dr atlas for listening to me, lmproved my life great dotor with very good careing staff. Thankyou

by Margaret A Gregory on Jul 14th, 2013

Dr Atlas is very professional and accurate in his diagnosis of my condition. It has now been 4 months since my surgery and I am constantly improving. I would recommend him to anyone. He is a very compassionate and understands your needs.

Excellent care show details Excellent care
by wesley mucik on Jun 28th, 2013

The care I received from Dr. Atlas and his staff was nothing less than professional. Dr. Atlas provided me with a concise diagnosis within moments of my first consultation. His genuine concern and empathy were both comforting and relieving. I felt confident in his competence and his diagnosis of my condition. I felt no concerns about the surgery and was never worried. Shortly after the surgery Dr. Atlas visited with me by my bed side and reviewed the procedure. Dr. Atlas and his staff kept me and my wife well informed every step of the way and never left us wondering what would happen next. Dr. Atlas' staff are warm and personable as well as competent in every definition of the word. I hope that I never need another spinal surgery or surgery in general at all for the rest of my life, but if I do I would not have anyone other than Dr. Atlas and his team of professionals perform it.

by John F. Britton on Jun 25th, 2013

All i can say is excellent in all categories Thank you Dr. Atlas

Mr show details Mr
by Thomas J Kurtz Jr on Jun 10th, 2013

Dr. Atlas outside of being a very skilled surgeon has an excellent bed side manner. When I broke my neck Dr. Atlas put me at ease and explained everything that was going to take place to fix me up. I have to say that Dr.Atlas is the best. I can't say enough about how plesed I am to have Dr. Atlas repair my neck. Cudo' to him and his very professional staff.

by Stella Engle on Jun 4th, 2013

I was afraid when the words back surgery came up,but I'm old and the procedures i had heard about were back in the day.Dr Atlas put me completly at ease.He explained exactly what needed to be done,and how he would do it.I was diognosed with Spinal Stenosis,scary,very scarey.,but the good news is,after my surgery the pain was gone and I can walk again without worrying about falling and breaking a hip.I would highly recommend Dr.Atlas to anyone .He was wonderful with me.

Changed my life! show details Changed my life!
by Ruth E. Fiedler on May 7th, 2013

Dr. Atlas and his staff have been wonderful. I needed surgery to stabilize my spine. It has been a little less then three weeks since the surgery, and what a difference! He has changed my life!

May 7th, 2013

I had a lot of pain in my back going on 4 years & I felt like I was out of options. I was getting the shots in my back but after about 6 weeks the pain was back. I couldn't stand for longer than 10 minutes & walking was really difficult. My wife was tired of me complaining about my back. I had to do something about it. Dr Atlas was recommended to me from a Dr. So I made an appt. with him. I had all my x-rays & MRI films. Dr Atlas said I had Spinal Stenosis. After he explained the surgery that he would do after he looked at all my films. The staff schedule my surgery in Janurary & everything went good. I have no pain & I can do things now around the house that I was neglecting before. My wife is happy that I am not complaining anymore. It is amazing why did I suffer so long, but I had to find out about Dr Atlas . He is a Great Guy & a Great Surgeon. If anyone is suffering with back pain don't wait make an appt. with Dr Atlas. My wife & I are glad I did. Pain Free !

Awsome doctor with magic hands show details Awsome doctor with magic hands
by Debbie Morrissey on Apr 3rd, 2013

My mother had back surgery with a neurosurgeon thoracic back in 2001 for a herniated disc. She has never been the same since this surgery and has always had pain, frequent falls and her left leg dragging. The pain and symptoms became worse and her family doctor ordered and mri which showed that she had cord compression. Her PCP told her to make an appointment to see Dr. Atlas. She called on a Thursday and was given an appointment for Monday of the following week. When we went to see him he pulled up her MRI films and told her he needed xrays and gave her a script and sent us to Larchmont Imaging. He told us when we were done with the xrays to come right back to his office. He then reviewed the xrays and discussed her options. He told her because of the cord compression, that if this was not fixed, she would eventually become paralyzed. We opted, of course, for the surgery. Shannon had the surgery scheduled for 2 wks later and had all of the appointments for her clearances scheduled (3 different appointments) Then came the day of the surgery and Dr. Atlas was AMAZING!!! He met with us before the surgery and then again after the surgery. A few hours after surgery, the feeling returned to her toes which had been numb and the pain down the left leg and along the inside of her legs was gone. I told him he has magic hands! In closing, Dr. Atlas and his staff are the most professional, caring people that I have come across in a long time.

Dr. Atlas and his staff is A #1 - A Doctor you must try. show details Dr. Atlas and his staff is A #1 - A Doctor you must try.
by Lisa Moller on Mar 24th, 2013

Dr. Orin Atlas is the most kindest and patient Doctor that I have ever met. He has helped cure my horrible back and leg pain. He is very patient and spends as much time with you as you want. He gives you options that are available for your condition and patiently helps you pick out what is best for you. His staff is awesome. They assist you and are courteous and get you an appointment quickly. You get to see him exactly when your appointment is. Dr. Rob is also the most kindest and patient Doctor that I have ever met. If you want a back and surgeon doctor that you can highly trust, you must visit this office. I will never go anywhere else. They ease your concerns and are, in fact, concerned about only your best interests.

by Donna M on Mar 21st, 2013

Dr Atlas did a great job doing spine surgery on the herniated disc in my neck.

by Stephen J Malecki on Mar 20th, 2013

I went to Doctor Atlas with back and leg pain that I had been suffering with for years. He took the time to explain my condition and recommended a surgical procedure that would cure my condition. Today I am pain free.

by G.E. Porch on Mar 4th, 2013

I was unable to stand in one place for more than 5 minutes and could not walk more than a block without severe pain. I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis. It is now almost 4 months after Dr Atlas operated and I am free of pain. Everyone involved was extremely helpful

by Karen B. on Feb 19th, 2013

I had a spinal fusion in the cervical area after experiencing loss of strength and feeling in my hands, after reviewing the MRI, Dr. Atlas expressed a sense of urgency to get it rectified. It is now week three post surgery and I have all my strength back and getting better every day. The staff was wonderful as well. Very curtious, show attention to detail, and are reliable on documentation needs. I would highly recommend Atlas Spine, and Dr. Atlas to anyone.

Level 1 Fusion show details Level 1 Fusion
by Laurie Giangrasso on Feb 14th, 2013

I had a Level 1 Fusion on my lower spine (L-5). Dr. Atlas was wonderful in explaining the surgery details and what to expect after surgery. It has been 6 weeks since my surgery and my back feels better than it has in YEARS! I know I will never be 100% better but I feel 100% better than I did before surgery! Dr. Atlas staff was wonderful in setting up all my appointments (MRI, Dr. Appt., Hospital appt., etc..). I would highly recommend Dr. Atlas in the future.

Retired show details Retired
by James G. on Jan 29th, 2013

Totally Informed. No surprises and always felt my needs were met. Would recommend Dr. Atlas to all.

I can walk without pain. show details I can walk without pain.
Nov 25th, 2012

AMAZING! For years I sought relief from what other doctors said was "an intractable pain - incapable of any relief". When I initially saw Dr. Atlas I immediately felt something I hadn't thought of in years - HOPE! Prior to meeting Dr. Atlas I was wheelchair bound, in horrific pain, feeling utterly worthless. Every day I prayed my life would end so I could know peace.Dr. Atlas performed surgery on my spine, inserting what are known as a Harrington rods from my neck to my pelvis. Dr. Atlas would joke at times saying "pelvis; rhymes with Elvis...I'm all shook up!". Oh well, he got me to smile. Life is so different now - no more pain, no more wheelchair. Last weekend I ran in the Princeton Half Marathon - my time wasn't great, but I finished. Dr. Atlas took my loser lifestyle and turned it around to make me a winner. Every day at my job - even my boss, will look at me and say "you're a miracle, a real miracle."

compassionate show details compassionate
Nov 8th, 2012

Dr Atlas takes the time to get to know you as a person. He is extremely sympathetic to the life altering effects back pain has regarding quality of life, ability to function, and do the things you love. He shows interest in his patients emotional health working to continue one's ability to maintain as active a life style as possible with out causing further injury. I trust him to always do what is best for me. In fact I have taken my son to him as well and as everyone knows, to put your child in the hands of any Dr. a Mother has to have complete belief that said Dr. will treat your child as though he were his own. I think that speaks volumes as to his dedication to his patients and their well being.

BACK SURGURY show details BACK SURGURY
Oct 10th, 2012

DR. ORIN ATLAS CAME TO MY RESCUE......WOKE UP, NO MOVEMENT IN LEFT SIDE, WAS TAKEN TO ER......DIAGNOSED & REFERED TO DR. ATLAS.....TRIED EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO RELIEVE PAIN & RESTORE MOVEMENT & FEELING WITH OUT SURGURY. AFTER THERAPY & TRACTION DID NOT SHOW A POSITIVE RESPONSE, WE DISCUSSED POSSIBLE SURGURIES THAT COULD HELP SOLVE MY PROBLEM. WE HAD 2 SURGURIES BY DR ATLAS. I WOULD RECCOMEMND HIS SERVICES TO ANYONE

Oct 9th, 2012

I would recommend Dr. Atlas to other patients with spinal issues. Great bed side manner and staff was very caring.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
Oct 9th, 2012

Dr Atlas and his staff are extremely friendly. I have had right leg pain for a year & seen multiple dr's. No one, until Dr. Atlas, diagnosed my problem correctly and recommended the appropriate treatment. Thanks to Dr. Atlas I am now out of pain and can continue living a very active life. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone!

The WORST Dr I have EVER seen show details The WORST Dr I have EVER seen
Sep 21st, 2012

After 8-10 X-Each time Dr ask why I was there, did I bring films, like he had never seen me beforeTotally a Dr for workers comp, could careless about patientNO bedside manner, went for a neck/shoulder injury, in almost a year had only 2 MRI's (he stated workers comp wouldnt pay for mri with contrast or for surgery)He doesnt care about his patients at all, he does what he thinks workers comp will pay him for...

THE WORST!!!!! show details THE WORST!!!!!
by B Swain on Sep 10th, 2012

I saw Dr Atlas for spinal stenosis. He walked in the room and said "you need surgery and if you're worried about dying on the table don't be ridiculous" He never went over my other very serious medical conditions or the fact I am on Coumadin. He also said after all of that, that he didn't even look at my MRI films. I wouldn't lt that man treat the worst person alive!!!!!

Dr. Atlas my surgeon show details Dr. Atlas my surgeon
Jan 30th, 2012

Dr. Atlas has performed two surgeries on my back...I had what is called a Synovial Cyst located on my L5 area...first time he removed the cyst on my left side...2nd time he removed cyst on my right side and also did a fusion on the L5...I am very happy with Dr. Atlas and his whole team..very knowledgable ....very professional, caring, welcoming, quick to get all my insurance paper work done....they made me feel at ease and that is why i continue to go back to the office and would recommend Dr. Atlas to anyone who is having spinal problems!

Jun 8th, 2011

Doctor And Entire Staff Are Really Friendly.. Im Glad I Had Dr. Atlas

Dr. Saved my husbands Life! show details Dr. Saved my husbands Life!
May 6th, 2011

As numerous trips to the emergency room, and being sent home with pain pills, this doctor took the time to evaluate and perform emergency surgery on my husband that safed his life. My husband had an abssess on his spinal cord that could have burst and this was the one and only doctor that took the time to discover the problem and fix it after at least 3 trips to the er. Dr. Atlas's follow up care far exceeded any expectations. Thank you Dr. Atlas because of you I hope to have an other 28 years with him

Disc Replacement show details Disc Replacement
by John V Scott on Mar 21st, 2010

Dr. Atlas - I would recommend him without hesiation to anybody how has a spine problem. He took the time to explain the procedure to my wife and myself in terms that a lay person would understand. Even better he would be a person that you would sit down with and drink a cold beer with. I can't say enough about how great of a person he is. God bless him. John Scott

Jan 25th, 2009

great spine doctor

Nov 3rd, 2008

VERY ALOOF AND STANDOFFISH; ALWAYS IN A HURRY

A Rare Find! show details A Rare Find!
by RSD Patient on Aug 20th, 2008

Dr. Atlas was terrific! I have seen countles doctors over the years and Dr. Altas was superb. The office staff was kind, courtious simpathetic and attended to my needs. My appointment with the doctor was insightful and hopeful; he suggested waiting on the tumor surgery due my neurological disorder, but sent me for a "new" type of PT. the Pt worked and I am actually walking now with the aid of a forearm crutch. I would definately see Dr. Atlas again if needed and strongly reccomend him.