A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Orvar Jonsson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Orvar Jonsson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Jonsson graduated from University Of Iceland, Reykjavik.
Dr. Jonsson has 22 hospital affiliations:
- Pioneer Memorial Hospital - CAH
- Canton-Inwood Memorial Hospital - CAH
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Jonsson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 20 plans
- Medica Health Plans - 15 plans
- DAKOTACARE - 1 plan
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Iowa Medicaid - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Orvar Jonsson practice?
Dr. Orvar Jonsson practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, Cardiology, and Nuclear Medicine near Sioux Falls, SD.
Additional practice locations include: Windom, MN and Viborg, SD.
See Sioux Falls Internists, Sioux Falls Cardiologists, and Sioux Falls Nuclear Medicine Physicians.