A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Oscar Garfein:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Oscar Garfein is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Garfein
Smoking Cessation Patient Education Smoking cessation patient education guide to help you quit smoking and avoid cancer and other health related problems.Before Visiting Dr. Garfein Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Oscar Garfein, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Unstable Angina
- Weight Loss
- Weight loss (non-surgical)
Education & Awards
Dr. Garfein graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Garfein has 8 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- Beth Israel Medical Center - Kings Highway Division
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Oscar Bern Garfein MD is a male Internist, has 47 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Oscar B. Garfein practice?
- Dr. Oscar Garfein has 1 office location.
Dr. Oscar Garfein practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near New York, NY.
See New York Internists and New York Cardiologists.