A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Oscar Hines:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Oscar Hines is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Oscar Hines, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 26 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Adrenal Gland Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Colon Cancer (Sigmoid Neoplasms)
- Colorectal Cancer
- Common Bile Duct Cancer
- Femoral Hernia
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Inguinal Hernia
- Laparoscopic Gallbladder Surgery (Cholecystectomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Neoplasm Invasiveness
- Pancreatectomy (Pancreas Removal)
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer (Pancreatic Ductal Carcinoma)
- Parathyroid Diseases
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Hines graduated from University of Oklahoma , Oklahoma City. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Hines has 5 hospital affiliations:
- UCLA Medical Center
- Santa Monica - UCLA Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hines accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 15 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- LA Care Health Plan - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Oscar J. Hines practice?
Dr. Oscar Hines practices Surgery near Los Angeles, CA.
See Los Angeles Surgeons.