Dr. Oscar Matthews Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Oscar Matthews?

June 2nd, 2017

Very Rude and Unprofessional - Time to Retire?!?!

Dr. Matthews was over 2 hours late and came into the office, complaining he had just gotten off a 36 hour plane flight. Right then and there I cringed. How can he possibly do his job after such a flight? Well, I found out that he couldn't. I coughed (I have sinus issues) and he came flying into my exam room and had the nerve to yell at me, that I have the flu, then flew back out of the room. Then, he had a nurse come in and give me a face mask! I could tell she was very embarrassed for him. He came flying back into my room and very calmly I told him I was leaving and that he had been rude & unprofessional, along with being 2 hours late. He actually yelled at me that he had only been 1 hour late, again proving he should have taken the day off. Next he shocked me even more - he actually threatened to call the police on me, then security. His office manager actually told him that that would be unnecessary. I told all his waiting patients and his office staff good-luck, and I left.

April 16th, 2015

No Follow Up

I'm a 54 yr old female who has been a patient of Dr Matthews for 2 years. In that time frame I have seen the doctor approximately 4 times. He was somewhat dismissive and never followed up on abnormal blood work results or calling me with results of a carotid ultrasound done at his request. His billing department is disorganized, makes the same mistakes continually, never applies my copay to my account (which I always pay at the time of my visit), and does not return phone calls. Don't try calling the medical office for help in contacting the billing dept. They won't call you back either. Dr Matthews had the nerve to ask me if I was "obsessed with dying" (I assume he is referring to my heart condition) when I saw him after a 5 day episode of bradycardia (a condition where the heart doesn't pump enough oxygen rich blood to the body). I think if I was "obsessed with my mortality" I wouldn't have waited 5 days to seek medical attention.

April 2nd, 2013

Patient

Best of the best. He knows his specialty A++ and you cant find a better doctor.

September 14th, 2017