Dr. Oscar Perez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

December 16th, 2015
One of the great doctors out there.

August 25th, 2015
Dr. Oscar Perez works with the family and patient to make recommendations that are applicable to everyday life.

May 20th, 2015
Can this be the same doctor as Laredo, TX?
Just curious. What doctor could be a family practitioner, so caring, and yet insensitive to his patients needs (especially in psychiatry - a woman comes for help and he builds her up to date her and changes his mind). Is this not conflict. She's already beaten and broken & he shows intense loving tender attention and then disappears. Leaves you wondering where to go for your treatment after 1 year? Then, you get the I can't be your doctor note after 6 intimate nights together? But of course he assures you that you are mentally well and it's not your fault.

March 1st, 2015
I would to thank Dr. Perez for his loyalty and response and delighted to see my son doing so well. My son has schizophrernia and now is in the best of shape. Thanks Dr. Perez!

July 5th, 2014
My experience with Dr. Perez
I have been taken my daughter to see different doctors, but nobody was able to help her. I was told by my friend Austin to go see Dr. Oscar E. Perez, so, I decided to go, and to my surprise he saw my daughter and right away he started changing her medications. In one week she was doing wonderful. I recommend this Dr. to any person that has mental issues. I believe he is the best of the bests.

June 12th, 2014
My experience with Dr. Perez
As a citizen, and knowing about Dr's, I want to express this to let people know that Dr. Oscar Perez cares for sick and disable, people, young and old. I have a son that was diagnosed with having a chemical inbalance in the brain. Three years ago he got very sick. He was taken to Mesilla Valley Hospital, then UBH in El Paso and nobody was able to help him. I took him to Dr. Oscar Perez and my son has never been in any hospital after that. I have known Dr. Perez for about 25 years and I still consider him to be the very best and I will recomend him to any one who needs a good psychiatrist. He works well with people because he loves people. He is very good and very caring in his work. I believe that we need more Dr's., like Dr. Oscar Perez....

December 11th, 2013
UNTRUSTWORTHY "DOCTOR"
This "doctor" gave my 15 year old niece a supply of ADD & anxiety medications WITHOUT consulting her guardian. He then refused to discuss the meds, their side affects, dosage, etc., with her guardian because he claimed my 15 year old niece was old enough to decide for herself. He said she should be treated like a 20 year old because she was "mature". This man is disgusting, rude, untrustworthy, and quite frankly I wonder at his manner towards a teenage girl. I strongly recommend you NOT entrust your children or your money to him.

July 11th, 2013
This Man Is Not To Be Trused
I was thirteen years old when I saw him. He asked me 'why are you angry?' every time I went to an appointment. The worse thing, however, is that he asked me that question over and over again, until I snapped. Then, he would just up my dose of medication. He gave me Abilify, and I have researched Abilify. I found this out: 1: Abilify is not approved for pediatric patients. 2: The maximum dosage is 30mg. 3: You are supposed to up the dosage in increments of 5mg. 4: The results are just as good with 10mg as with 30mg. However, this is what he did to me: 1: He gave me (a pediatric patient) Abilify 2: He gave me 40mg. 3:He upped them at 10mg, sometimes 15mg. 4: He gave me 40mg.

May 1st, 2013
UNPROFESSIONAL AND RUDE OFFICE
I had an appointment on the books for 45 days. When I called to confirm the day of the appointment they said "we don't take humana" I had confirmed with the receptionist when I booked the appointment 45 days ago. I decided not to book another doctors appointment, and waited for this one. Now I have to start all over. THESE PEOPLE WILL WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY. I should have read these reviews before I booked my appointment.

August 12th, 2012
YOUR JUST A NUMBER w/ Dr.Perez
I had an appointment with Dr.Perez. When I went to check in the receptionist was dressed provocativly instead of profesionally and his medical assistant didn't even know what B.P.D. stood for, psych assistant are suppossed to know what bipolar disorder is. When I sat down in an empty room he looked at the med.s I was taking and without even letting me speak he changed ALL of my med.s around. When I asked why he was moving them around he said he was sorry I am in TX now and that he was the profesional, as if I was an idiot. He made me reilize what a great Dr. I had in LasVegas, so my family and I decided to commute every 3 months. Im 33yrs old and have been treated by quite a few dr.s and Dr.Perez is the most impersonal dr I have ever seen, I have never left a docters office feeling the way I did when I left his office. I feel sorry for his patients.

August 2nd, 2012
NEVER TRUST THE LIFE OF YOUR CHILDREN WITH THIS DR
THIS DR HAS CHANGED STAFF QUITE A BIT AND I MUST SAY THE CURRENT STAFF HE HAS NEED SOME EDUCATION AND MANNERS. DR. PEREZ HIMSELF IS A FAKE! HOW HE BECAME A DR I HAVE NO IDEA! HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE PATIENT NOR THE EFFECTS OF MEDS ON THE PATIENT. ALL HE WANTS IS TO GET THE PATIENT IN AND OUT AND GET HIS MONEY. FORMER STAFF AND DRUG REPS CONFIRM THAT HE HAS NO KNOWLEDGE OF WHAT HE IS DOING HE LETS HIS DAUGHTERS TRY AND RUN THE SHOW AND THEY ARE JUST SPOILED BRATS ON PAYROLL! ASIDE FROM THAT HE RAISES FUNDS FOR THE CLINIC BUT USES IT FOR THE DAUGHTERS TUITIONS. HE IS RUDE HE IS INCOMPETENT AND HE IS THE WORST DR YOU COULD EVER GO TO!

October 19th, 2011
former patient
Staff violates patients rights. Yolanda is grossly rude. Staff make decisions they are NOT qualified to make WITHOUT consulting doctor