A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Oscar West:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Oscar West is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Oscar West, FACC, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Myocardial Infarction
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. West graduated from University Of The West Indies, Trinidad, Champs Fleur. He has 2 awards.
Dr. West has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Florida Hospital Deland
- Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. West accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Florida Health Care Plan - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida - 9 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- AvMed Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Americhoice - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Oscar D. West practice?
Dr. Oscar West practices Cardiovascular Disease near Deland, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Orange City, FL.
See Deland Cardiologists.