Highly recommend show details Highly recommend
by Debra LML on Mar 1st, 2015

Dr Osman Ahmed took time, listened to me, explained the tests and findings and certainly instilled confidence in his ability and concern. His staff were excellent in both performing tests, explaining them and taking care of my needs. While I could find a heart specialist closer to my home, it is worth the drive to see someone who demonstrates knowledge and care for his patients.

Dr. Ahmed is an Extremely Arrogant and Very Rude Doctor show details Dr. Ahmed is an Extremely Arrogant and Very Rude Doctor
by Nicole M. on Jan 1st, 2015

I had an appointment for a Cardiac Medical Clearance which was needed for an upcoming scheduled back surgery. My regular physician at that practice *Dr. Sandeep Chandra* was not available so I was seen my this doctor, who was to say the least, a total loser!! He came into the room and bombarded me with 10 million questions and did not give me the opportunity to answer any of them and kept trying to confuse the matter. He then stated that back surgery is a very expensive procedure and wanted to now how it is that I can afford my premium payment for such an expensive procedure. I was extremely offended and told Dr. Ahmed that he was way out of line for asking me or any other patient that sort of question or even making such an insinuation. His response to me was he only asked because he was only trying to be a friend, and this coming from someone whom I've only had the displeasure of knowing for less than 20 minutes. Within my 42 years of any patient/doctor visits, I have never had anyone to ask me such a question. He then continued to antagonize me and wanted me to do a nuclear stress stress on the spot *a test which requires you to dress comfortably and exercise for 3 hours* without any prior notice or phone call from his office/staff members, who are always very rude and unprofessional *to say the least*. For a man of short stature, he had an ego 3 times his size. I would not recommend Atlanta Heart Specialist to anyone who is serious about better health and well being because their staff is untrained in proper patient care, professionalism and office conduct *always loud while discussing their weekend antics* and very unprofessional. I will be transferring to a different practice where I don't have to deal with that kind of atmosphere or staff members. I will certainly be reporting Dr. Ahmed to the Medical Board.

Heart-ily acceptable! show details Heart-ily acceptable!
by Michael R on Jun 26th, 2014

Yes, I saw Dr. Ahmed at the Northside office of Atlanta Heart Specialists. I had some pains and concerns shared by my family doc, nothing real bad, just concerns at my age ( mid 50's). Dr. Ahmed listened carefully and took my history; he must have taken at least 45 min. personally with me between initial consultation and phone follow up; which is a lot these days from specialists ( I am used to being shown to the door after about 9 minutes at other docs offices ). Through stress and other non-invasive testing Dr. Ahmed was able to address and allayed my concerns and his clinical expertise I would rate appears highly competent and expert. Some might think his manner is a bit distracted as when he ask the same questions over again, but really it seems he is searching for clues to condition and his line of questions revealed some aspects of my condition I hadn't before considered pertinent. So I think he's just getting a full picture of patient and he's not scattered. I liked him esp. in that he took lots of time with patient and didn't order more than the needed tests and recommended lifestyle changes. His style is to give the diagnosis with terminology; yet I would suggest that most patients would benefit with more graphics or heart models or just explaining the diagnosis first in plain language. Would give 3 1/2 to 4 stars overall to his Northside location and practice, the only choice was 4 stars.