Internist, Cardiologist (heart)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Heart-ily acceptable!  |  show details
by Michael R on Jun 26th, 2014

Yes, I saw Dr. Ahmed at the Northside office of Atlanta Heart Specialists. I had some pains and concerns shared by my family doc, nothing real bad, just concerns at my age ( mid 50's). Dr. Ahmed listened carefully and took my history; he must have taken at least 45 min. personally with me between initial consultation and phone follow up; which is a lot these days from specialists ( I am used to being shown to the door after about 9 minutes at other docs offices ). Through stress and other non-invasive testing Dr. Ahmed was able to address and allayed my concerns and his clinical expertise I would rate appears highly competent and expert. Some might think his manner is a bit distracted as when he ask the same questions over again, but really it seems he is searching for clues to condition and his line of questions revealed some aspects of my condition I hadn't before considered pertinent. So I think he's just getting a full picture of patient and he's not scattered. I liked him esp. in that he took lots of time with patient and didn't order more than the needed tests and recommended lifestyle changes. His style is to give the diagnosis with terminology; yet I would suggest that most patients would benefit with more graphics or heart models or just explaining the diagnosis first in plain language. Would give 3 1/2 to 4 stars overall to his Northside location and practice, the only choice was 4 stars.