Neurological Surgeon, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jan 14th, 2012

My family and I would like to say thank you to Dr. Al-Mefty for the gift of time. My husband had a schwanomma in his neck that had grown into the base of his skull. Dr. Al-Mefty successfully removed this tumor in October of 2011. The care that my husband received during this time at the Brigham & Women's hospital in Boston was exceptional. Dr. Al-Mefty expertise was truly remarkable. He took the time to discuss in great length the options we had. This, along with his confidence and prior experience in this field, was a deciding factor in our decision to chose him. After the 12 hour operation, my husband was awake and able to talk. The next day, we found out he was also able to swallow and retained all movement in his shoulder. To our complete astonishment, even the atrophy he experienced in his tongue disappeared and three days later, he was discharged from the hospital. Today, you wouldn't know my husband had a tumor removed, other than a slight scar from the surgery. Blessings come in different ways but we know we were blessed in meeting Dr. Al-Mefty at the right time. A special thank you to Dr. Nalbach for introducing us to Dr. Al-Mefty and to Sara, the surgical nurse, who guided us through this process. Your help during this time was greatly appreciated.Jason and Karen Floyd

|  Saved my life  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2011

Dr. Al-Mefty saved my life. When other doctors didn't know what to do, Dr. Al-Mefty operated on me and removed my tumor. He is very good at what he does, very personable, on top of everything. My surgery was a great success and my health is great now.

Feb 20th, 2011

When you are sent to Dr Al-Mefty, it's because you have a problem that the other doctors don't want to touch. This is a man who gives each patient the time they need and deserve. He is one of the best in the world at what he does and Arkansas is lucky to have him.

|  Such caring and wise physicians  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2010

I drove from southwest LA 10 hours to seek Dr. Al-Mefty and Dr. Dunn's opinion. The time spent seeking a second opinion for my tumor was the best thing I could have done. Dr. Al-Mefty and Dr. Dunn and two other skull base tumor expert physicians were present during my initial consult. Dr. Dunn and Dr. Al-Mefty both have a great deal of expertise in my type of tumor. They both spent a lot of time with me and answered all of my questions. Although my tumor is unchanged at the present time, the prognosis was presented to me in a more caring manner than before. Dr. Al-Mefty and Dunn both have agreed to follow my tumor with additional tests, MRIs and medication for my seizures. I have chosen to take a "wait and see attitude." Dr. Al-Mefty and Dr. Dunn have agreed that I could be closely monitored in my home city of Houma, LA. My GP will order all tests, MRIs and medication. All results will be forwarded to Dr. Al-Mefty and Dr. Dunn for their comparison and review. I thank God for leading me to seek the opinion of both Dr. Al-Mefty and Dr. Dunn. God bless them both.

Mar 9th, 2010

We traveled 61/2 hours too see Dr Al-Mefty since we found out that our son had a brain stem tumor, Dr, Al-Mefty, did 18hr surgery the first time and twelve hours the second surgery since it was a complicated tumor. We went home both visits in 5 days.My son has no deficits, and is currently working till we do back surgery.I can never thank him and Dr. Dunn for giving my son a chance too live .Their bedside manner and caring go far and above my expectations since my son has had many surgeries in his young life with this one being life threating. The office staff always assisted me in getting what ever I needed. THANK YOU

by Kristyn on Dec 3rd, 2008

Dr. Al-Mefty operated on me in 2000 for a brain tumor and I've been symptom free for 8 years. He did such a good job and had a great bedside manner. I thank him and the Good Lord for helping me. I am so thankful that I was sent to him. I'm not sure the same outcome would have happened if I had gone to someone else.

by kathy long on Oct 11th, 2008

I was diagnosed with a petroclival meningioma August 2007. After meeting with 3 doctors I was advised to make an appt with Dr. AlMefty who was in a different state. I did make an appt and drove 8 hours to meet him. Thank God, I did. Now, 13 months later, Dr. AlMefty made it possible for me to have a normal life. Theres so much to say about this surgeon. The world is a better place with him in it.