THE GOOD DOCTOR show details THE GOOD DOCTOR
by P A BROWN on Sep 3rd, 2013

Dr. O. Alton Barron is a very special man. Not only is he a brilliant and gifted surgeon, he is the kindest and most talented of doctors. His patience, his gentleness, his humor and his intellect shine for every patient that enters his office. He gives his all to everything he does and his heart is as big as his native Texas.

by K. Dixon on May 26th, 2013

Amazing caring doctor. He called me back anytime I left a message with staff regarding questions. My shoulder mri indicated less damage than he found, so procedure much more involved than i was prepared for. He and his partner responded immediately with pain management issues and with the amazing anesthesiologist Dr. Sanborn at Roosevelt. Office staff always passed on messages, appt times hard as he has surgical days as well. My rotator cuff was not a sports injury, but he treated me with care and lack of surgical "attitude". If i know anyone needing upper extremity work, I would recommend this practice. I have not finished recovering, but I expect I will receive the same treatment. If not I will let you know!

Deplorable! show details Deplorable!
by Jay on May 21st, 2013

Went to see him about the pain in my hands. He wrote me a prescription to get an MRI, which I did. The MRI results were submitted to him. I called his office four times over the course of a month, but never heard from him???? In all my years I have never seen any doctor act in this fashion. Deplorable!!

Long, long wait show details Long, long wait
by Steve Donaldson on Apr 9th, 2013

Barron could be a great doctor but I wouldn't know because after arriving 10 minutes before my appointment, the staff sat me in an exam room and I sat there waiting 20 minutes beyond my appointment time. What's the point of an appointment if the time is going to be kept. And on my way out, the receptionist explained he had just finished up with another patient, so that's another strike. If you have an appointment with one patient at 1 PM, don't bring me in at 1 PM and leave me sitting there. Total waste of time but what should I expect of a sports doctor.

Mar 20th, 2013

I am giving Dr. Barron 1 star for the sole reason that his administrative staff is by far the worst support staff in the medical world that I have ever encountered. Their apathy towards all patients is insulting. They never return your call when they say they will - particularly if it is regarding surgery scheduling. They make ZERO effort to be helpful in scheduling appointments and their sole goal is to get off the phone with you as soon as possible. It is truly painful to speak to these people. As a Doctor, Dr. Barron is extremely helpful and knowledgeable. He performed a successful surgery and I would recommend him to anyone in need of orthopedic help.

Excellent Surgeon show details Excellent Surgeon
Mar 4th, 2013

Very skilled, excellent shoulder/hand surgeon with very nice bedside manner

shoulder surgery show details shoulder surgery
by Sandra P on Feb 28th, 2013

Dr Barron operated to repair my shoulder after 3 orthopedic surgeons wanted to do shoulder replacement. My shoulder functions perfectly now and i was back to normal in less than 6 months

A Great Doctor show details A Great Doctor
Mar 29th, 2009

Dr. O. Alton Barron is one of the most skilled surgeons and empathetic doctors I have ever met. He is extremely intelligent, extraordinarily caring and a deft and clever surgeon. He has performed over a dozen surgeries on me over the years, and there have been no problems or complications. I cannot recommend him highly enough