Dr. Otis Jones Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Otis Jones Jr?

12 Ratings with 1 Comment

August 23rd, 2013

Most inefficient private practice I have seen thus far

There is a dearth of good hospitals in Brooklyn and Dr. Jones's private practice is NO exception. When you go for an appointment you have to practically clear your whole schedule as you spend the entire day waiting to be seen by Dr. Jones. Even after being seen, follow up care is extremely poor. We needed a referral for my grandfather who is in dire need of a home health aid and when I called to inquire about the form which was missing an integral piece of information I was told "tomorrow" for nearly a week. When I finally spoke with Dr. Jones he could give me no definitive answer as to when the form could be completed. When I stated that form only takes 3-4 minutes to complete and that not having the form has been at the expense of other family members missing work days and nearly 300 of missed pay time, he said "THEN YOU DO IT". Clearly if I were a doctor I would've completed the form myself. I am completely outraged that a doctor would say this when he knows that patients are at the mercy of their physicians regarding necessary paperwork. It is no less than an abuse of power to respond so insolently. I take great umbrage to his behavior and find him to be tactless and disrespectful. If there is no other solution a doctor could offer than to tell me to complete the form myself, he is one that doesn't have the social emotional intelligence to practice effective patient-doctor interactions. It's unnerving to know that not even private practices can be run efficiently.

June 30th, 2017