Dr. Otto Uhrik MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

July 7th, 2016
Awesome pain doc!!!
I love Dr Uhrik he is so caring and courteous and he listens to his patients. His PA and Nurse are very good as well.

February 15th, 2016
Run do not walk,, moved to Arizona a few months ago and did not want to continue the drive to my pain management doctor who was the best however the drive was over 3 hours . I went to see this doctor and he wanted to change my medication to a lower dose and could care less what my records said and the care I had been receiving from my doctor. He requires you to come in every two weeks for a pill count and does not fill your prescription until the 31st day. What a joke. He is rude to say the least . I am a 54 year old with extreme back pain and MRI reports to confirm my pain. It appears he is afraid of the DEA looking into his practice . That tells me he must have been prescribing medication without concern to patients well being. Be careful if this doctor.

August 26th, 2015
CANCER
I've been seeing him and his PA Alyssa is the best one there. Any who I have CANCER and my pain is crazy bad, nope my medicine is still low dose. I was also tried on a patch I had an reaction had to use my EPI Pen and the call back was nothing quit using well of course, but didn't up the dose of what I can take, I know if Alyssa was there she would have at least given me something for the itching between my legs or told me some how to relieve the pain and itching down there. Ugggg I used to love this office, now I just love Alyssa.

February 10th, 2014
Worth the Wait
I've been a patient of Dr. Uhrik for a decade. Yes, the wait to see him is lengthy, but then again, he spends a great deal of time with each patient. He is thorough, knowledgeable, and he is full of good ideas for treatment. If there is a way to fix a problem without simply resorting to pills, he's willing to take a chance. Yes, the waiting room is small, the treatment room table doesn't rotate up and down, the front desk person IS disagreeable, and no, he isn't in on Fridays. However, if you're serious about treating pain, he's the man to see. He cares and he's smart. If you want more than just five minutes and a script, then see him. You won't regret it.

January 23rd, 2014
Staff
The girl who runs the front desk is rude the dr doesn't take the time to listen to you and the wait time is to long for a dr office 45mins or more I have waited 2 hour for my app I would not recomind this dr office to anyone due to the staff is very rude and the wait Time the waiting room is small and always packed no where to sit and he is open Monday to Thursday closed Fridays there is always booked and if you miss your app for that month you have to wait a month to get a new one

January 8th, 2014
Dr Uhrik is fantastic
He is very attentive and he listens. he helped me manage my pain and did good follow up

November 12th, 2013
Outdated facility
I beleive he is a good Doctor, however, I feel he should not have gone into private practice untill he was able to have the equipment necessary to treat all age patients. I am 81 years old and was told that my back had bulging discs, some degeneration etc., and I agreed to have the epidural shots which I had several years ago and they helped. In order to have the shots, I had to have help to get on his table which did not go up and down as most Dr.'s do. Also, he never showed me the MRI and explained it to me. As it happens I had to see another Dr. and found through x rays that were ordered that it is not my back but instead is my hip. Also, I think it should be noted that in a practice that is located in Sun City and should probably be at least 50% senior citizens the bathroom is a disaster as the toilet is so low that I had to have my husband stand outside the door and wait till I told him to open the door (2 of us couldn't fit at the same time) and help me up. I truly think he is a good Doctor but was not what I needed.

October 29th, 2012