Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN), Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile
Cornell University
1305 York Ave
Ste. 6
New York, NY 10021
(646) 962-3765
Locations and availability (2)

|  LOVE..LOVE..LOVE  |  show details
by finallyamom on May 22nd, 2014

Dr. Davis is an incredibly knowledgeable doctor and his bed side manner is second to none. After two failed rounds of IVF and four failed IVF's a Genesis Fertility Clinic in Brooklyn, I went to Davis and became pregnant after 1 round of IVF, with 2 frosties. The two clinics were like night and day! Please don't waste your time at other clinics, visit Cornell, they are the best!!

|  Supporting team could be better  |  show details
by Patient on May 1st, 2014

I agree with other reviews in terms of Dr. Davis himself. He is very knowledgeable and attentive to his patients. However I think his supporting team could be better. Patients were told to contact different people on different matters. I personally didn't have the luck to reach anyone on the phone. Seems like a large office, and no one has time to pick up the phone. And after 4:30pm, all phone calls route to some type message service, which is apparently not doing anything more than just taking messages. I rather leave a voice mail on the machine.

|  Beautiful, Healthy Twins  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2014

Low ovarian reserve, advanced maternal age, and 2 failed rounds of IVF at another NYC fertility center. And yet, under Dr. Davis' care, 1 got pregnant with healthy, beautiful twins with 1 round of IVF. Our twins are almost 3 months old now, and I am so grateful to Dr. Davis and his staff. Do not waste your time with any other fertility centers, GO TO CORNELL.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Nadia on Jan 10th, 2014

Dr. Davis is very knowledgeable, great bedside manner and stays abreast of the most current OB/GYN related developments. He seems to genuinely care for his patients. Keep up the great work Dr. Davis.

Oct 19th, 2013

I am cycling with Dr. Davis now and he is fabulous. I would simply be reiterating what has been said by other reviewers if I were to say more. I highly recommend him.

|  Outstanding Doctor  |  show details
May 6th, 2013

I echo what the other reviewers have said: I can't imagine that there is a better doctor in the country - RE or otherwise - than Dr. Davis. I came to him from Washington, DC after infertility and three miscarriages, and being treated as a boilerplate patient by other ob-gyns and REs. On our first visit, he spent over an hour discussing our history and had literally memorized our file. He customizes his treatment to his pateints, which unfortunately is a novel concept. When my first IVF cycle failed, he changed my protocol and it was successful the second time. Dr. Davis is kind and courteous, takes the time to explain things in plain english and answer patients' questions, and returms calls the same day. If I could give him 10 stars, I would.

|  The Best Doctor  |  show details
May 3rd, 2013

Dr. Davis is my 3rd RE after a bad experience at North Shore LIJ and NYU. I actually got pregnant with an FET at NYU, lost the baby at 22 weeks and was IGNORED by my RE at NYU. Totally unacceptable. Dr. Davis promptly calls back, is on top of my complicated history, and I never feel like I'm reminding him of what is going on with me. He is extremely nice and caring, and best of all amazingly competent. His assistant Tremaine is top notch. He is hands down the best doctor I have ever come across. He is incredibly thorough, smart, accessible, kind and caring. My first IVF with him didn't work and he immediately arranged tests rather than diving into another cycle. I have never had more confidence in a doctor and feel totally at ease with Dr. D.

|  Awesome dr  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2013

He is an awesome dr. Responds quickly if you have a problem. I was at north shore LIJ before starting with him and it was day and night diff. Staff is competent and organized. He is very polite and competent. I totally recommend him, only negative if I had to find one is that he does not take insurance and a bit pricey.

Feb 26th, 2013

There are not enough positive words in the English language to describe Dr. Owen Davis. When you are a patient of Dr. Davis, you feel as if you are his only patient. I am 41 years old, and became a patient of Dr. Davis after experiencing multiple IVF failures at RMA. I am now 14 weeks pregnant after only one IVF cycle with Dr. Davis! When my husband and I had our first appointment with Dr. Davis, he had memorized my medical records, spent time answering all our questions, and he provided a detailed course of treatment for my IVF cycle. Dr. Davis is an extremely kind, patient, and gentle physician. He has a relaxed and reassuring manner about him. Dr. Davis responds to phone calls immediately, and he has an incredible bedside manner. Dr. Davis' nursing staff is highly competent too, and take the time to answer questions, and respond to phone calls. Dr. Davis' nurse, Elizabeth Prusiewicz, is so sweet and kind, and very smart! Even when Dr. Davis is away on vacation, he receives updates on his patients. While Dr. Davis was on vacation, he received information on my cycle, and he requested that I come to the clinic for a scan. I could not believe that even while on vacation, Dr. Davis was checking in on patients! I believe that Dr. Davis is a model reproductive endocrinologist. Hopefully one day Dr. Davis will be nominated to win the Nobel Prize for medicine for the incredible work and research he does!!

|  Currently seeing Dr Davis  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Davis' since June 2012, and have done two cycles, a failed IVF and a convert to IUI with a positive pregnancy that I miscarried. Even with the frustration I recommend Dr. Davis and his amzing staffl without hesitation. He is simply amazing. He is kind, compassionate and focused. He is prompt, honest and takes as much time as a patient needs. Be warned it is a very large practice but they are on it, with quick return of phone calls and systems in place to make sure that patients never feel like they have been desserted. In fact the attention they provide really makes you feel that you are their only focus.. I am doing a third round, and I am hopeful that all goes well, but even if it doesn't I know Dr Davis and his team gave it their all, He is simply amazing... :)

Aug 19th, 2011

Dr Davis is hands down the best doctor I have ever seen. He is caring and dedicated, and extremely smart. He is extremely responsive by email. It is truly amazing being his patient. I recommend him wholeheartedly.

|  Amazing Doctor. I wish all Doctors were even half as good.  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2011

He studied my file and was prepared to speak to me from our initial consultation through testing and all the way through the IVF process. My cycle with him was successful (I am now 25 weeks pregnant) but I would have rated him just as high had it not worked out. I have too many great things to say about Dr. Davis and will be externally grateful to him for helping us with our fertility issues in such a kind, caring and professional manner.

|  Best IVF doctor in NYC  |  show details
by AM on Oct 12th, 2010

Just a genius IVF doctor and a very personable personality. Just no words- Owen Davis is simply awesome.

|  Best in ny  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2010

Dr Davis is an extremely intelligent experienced and straightfoward re. He always takes a positive approach without offering false hope and gave me options which led me to a pregnancy that probably had about 1% chance of happening. I have met and worked with 5 other top re's and he is definitely the best.

|  My 2nd Fertility MD and Wish he was my 1st and only  |  show details
Sep 2nd, 2010

I had been to another fertility doctor at another center and did 4 IVFs there. Foolish, should have seen Dr. Davis from the get go. He is, I am quite sure, verifiably brilliant. Yet has a great bed side manner, respects your intelligence and ability to comprehend what is going on. He is extremely prepared, never confuses your situation with another patients and gives real and meaningful consideration to your case. He isn't applying a formula that is applied to the masses and hopes it sticks. I can't say enough good things about him. Oh, P.S. you can set your watch to his appointments something I didn't experience at my first clinic where I waited as much as 3 hours to see my doctor- absurd, insulting and simply disrespectful. Dr. Davis is compassionate but truly focused on finding the solution as oppose to playing psychotherapist. And when you want to get pregnant you want results, not "geez I'm sorry, we don't know what happened, just try again" God Bless you Dr Davis for having found your calling. Thank you just doesn't cover it.

Jul 24th, 2010

After having Dr. Davis I wouldn't even consider anyone else. I have always been impressed with his knowledge of my case history (even the first time I met him) and his kind and caring attitude. I have absolutely no complaints about the care I received from him.

May 4th, 2010

Dr. Davis and the entire team at Cornell have been fantastic. We switched to him after months of frustration at RMA. His demeanor is kind, calm and above all supremely competent. When making difficult choices about our fertility options, he never seemed to try to guide me in a particular direction, but gave his honest, and very thorough assessment of various options. We chose to use a donor egg. We were pleasantly surprised at how quickly we were matched with a donor. We felt very well supported by the Donor Egg staff, especially the psychiatrist, Dr Elizabeth Grill, who helped us with some of our concerns and anxieties about this decision.The nurses, who facilitate much of your care there are very responsive, knowledgeable and compassionate. They are always there for you to answer any questions. In a situation where you have to be at the office twice a week for monitoring, do nightly injections, etc., it is so important to have these interactions be positive. Also, the facility itself is clean, bright, and comfortable. The waiting room is large enough to accommodate everyone, and there's no annoying music. Wait times for monitoring can seem a little long, but its because the attend to so many patients. But it doesn't seem excessive.When it came time to have my embryo transfer (done by Dr. Chang, also excellent), I found the nurses, and all staff to be kind, caring and very reassuring.I am now 7 weeks pregnant and very happy to have chosen Dr. Davis and Cornell.

|  Best RE in the world  |  show details
by Shilpa Spencr on Aug 14th, 2009

I truly think there isn't another RE out there who brings such aptitude and compassion to the job. He is the rare caring physician, while also being technically far superior as well to most in his field. He is innovative and accurate and he drove perfect results in me and many like me.

|  Best infertility doctor imaginable  |  show details
Sep 5th, 2008

Dr. Owen Davis is a fabulous doctor who goes above and the call of his profession. It's worth whatever the wait is to see him.