Surgical Specialist
116 Northport Ave
Ste 214
Belfast, ME 04915
207-930-6746
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Kudzu. DrScore.
 |  Would Never Reccomend  |  show details
Jun 7th, 2013

Dr. Nelson performed knee replacement surgery on a patient who had been denied surgery by four other doctors due to the patient's heart condition. The patient made it through surgery but had a heart attack and died days following the procedure. He should not be allowed to practice medicine.

|  cmcc111  |  show details
Mar 4th, 2011

I recently had hip replacement surgery by Dr Owen Nelson ,and my experience has been most excellent! Dr Nelson is a most competent and excellent surgeon for total hip replacement. I have been walking on my new hip since day after surgery with absolutely no problems, and pain free! I would recommend Dr Owen Nelson and Waldo County Hospital in Belfast, Maine to anyone in need of Hip replacement ,without hesitation.

|  Best Surgeon Ever  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2010

I have had the misfortune of having many difficulties with my knee. I have had the care of 5 different doctors all who operated to correct the problem. Dr.Owen Nelson was the only one of the 5 that was able to really explain what was going on with my knee. He is also the only doctor who made me feel as though I had options and that he would only take steps that were necessary. He treated me like a person not a patient or a number. I would recommend him to any one with an issue!

|  Hand worse after carpal tunnel surgery  |  show details
by 1Madpatient on Mar 12th, 2009 on kudzu.com

I had carpal tunnel surgery four months ago.I wished I never had it.I am currently seeing a hand specialist and doing rehab twice a week with a hand wrist therapist.The doctor quit the practice and I was left in worse shape and seeking help through my PCP doctor.Also being billed for FREE follow up visit

Read Full Review at kudzu.com