Overall Review

3.6

May 4th, 2016
Amazing experience
I just finished my Hyperbaric Treatments with Dr. O'Neill. I found him to be an amazing doctor. His staff was kind, informative and compassionate. I would highly recommend his services to my family and friends. Thank you so much ....

April 3rd, 2016
Do not recommend
This doctor took advantage of me. He charges outrages fees and does not participate with any insurance. He got paid by my insurance but it's not enough for him. Now he is suing me for $18,000 because I was sitting in a chamber with 7 other patients during the course of HBOT. I have been in 5 HBOT places and cannot justify his outrages fees. He has a med. degree from third world country. What is his excuse to charge 3 times more than HBOT providers at University of PA hospital or Cleveland Clinic charge?

December 28th, 2015
Terrible experience
I have been at 5 different hyperbaric treatments. Dr. O'Neill's was the worst. His stuff is very rude and ignorant. I had to come all the way from PA in a wheelchair, get a driver and hotel room- because I was looking for a multiplace chamber. If I could leave after the first session I would. But I was trapped for 30 sessions. The nurses yelled at me and other patients. Everything they did during the treatments was for their own comfort. When patients ask for a simple favor they would lecture you in a commending voice why it is not possible. Like lifting your feet up - when you are in severe pain. They would tell you that it is not convenient for them to walk around you. I have claustrophobia and one nurse yelled at me during my panic attack - saying that I should convince myself that I can breeze. Really? She is a nurse. She should know better that claustrophobic people cannot simply convince themselves that they can breeze while they are having an entrapment situation. I had very difficult time there. The doctor always takes the side of his rude staff and didn't care about patients who usually in pain and misery. Also, he charges outrages fees for his consultations. I compared with other 4 providers. And he doesn't participate in any in network insurance plan, which left me with $20,000 dollars bill for something that I could get for free. Even my insurance paid him what seemed fair he still threatened me with lawyers and sent the bill to a collection agency. I am fighting it. I have 820 score on my perfect credit report and this doctor is trying to ruin it. His office lied to me before I traveled to NY that they took care of all the insurance authorization. His own fiancé is a lying snake who told me later that they have trouble being paid by insurance companies. The doctor has a questionable medical degree from a third world country . I do not recommend him to anyone. (I am taking oxygen treatments in Cleveland Ohio now. And it is night and day compair to Westchester Hyperbaric).

June 2nd, 2015
Patient
I saw Dr. O'Neill for a series of hyperbaric treatments. He seemed knowledgeable, but was very gruff and unsympathetic of my condition – I hate to use clichés, but he had “poor bedside manner.” I would recommend finding another doctor for these types of treatments. A little kindness and empathy goes a long way, especially for sick folks like me.

June 11th, 2011
I was distressed over my symptoms and problems related to a radiation injury from years earlier. Dr. O'Neill full explained (in terms I could understand) why I had the problem and what my choices were to help better and even cure my problems. I had 60 hyperbaric oxygen treatments at Phelps Hospital in Sleepy Hollow. Dr. O'Neill was there everyday during my treatments (and even inside with me during the treatment some days)! He is an excellent and caring physician as were his staff members that worked with me in the hyperbaric chamber. I am now symptom free and would recommend that anyone with radiation type problems after radiation therapy seek his help. He is wonderful!

April 13th, 2010
The Best Hyperbaric Physician in NY
This doctor is the most caring professional physician I have ever met. He treated me and my family with respect. He is the only physician who managed to heal my wound after many years. I recommend him to anyone with a problem wound.