Internists, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile
Group Health Springdale
55 Progress Pl
Springdale, Cincinnati, OH 45246
513-246-7000
Locations and availability (5)

2.5

|  Patient for 4 years  |  show details
by Trish on Mar 3rd, 2014

Dr. Manga has been a blessing to me. I have had type 1 for 22 years and started going to her when I first got pregnant. She helped me get through my pregnancies and diabetes since.

|  Terrible bedside manner  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Mangu for insulin pump therapy. After finally starting on the insulin pump, I became gravely ill with vomiting, diarrhea, and dehydration and called her office at 8 AM to see if I should go to the hospital. She did not call me back until after her office was closed for the day. She did not seem at all concerned about my condition and told me to wait and see what happens. The following morning, I could barely even stand up as I was so dizzy. I called my primary doctor, who returned my call within 20 minutes, and he sent me to the emergency room where I was diagnosed with salmonella poisoning. He called me back several times that week to see how I was doing. Dr. Mangu never called to inquire how I was doing and I never went back to her. She always made me feel as if I was bothering her if I tried to ask questions and didn't really seem to care about her patients. I would NOT recommend her to anyone.

|  Begging for a diagnosis.  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2013

I waited 6 weeks for an appointment..not abnormal. I've had several test done to find out/rule out what may be my medical condition. The problem I have is I have to call every time to get my own test results (figure the doctor should be the one to call me). Not sure how long I would be waiting for those results if I did not call. Then after being told the results have been in...just waiting for the doctor to review them...Several more days go by, then will receive a call from a nurse advising on further testing. I'm starting to lose my confidence in trusting my health care to this physician. She doesn't have the greatest bedside manner, but no biggie if I could just get some answers. The staff is always friendly when I call in. Since it's now July, & my first appointment (only appointment was in May) I just want some kind of concrete diagnosis. By the way, my latest test results were in on Friday..It's now Tuesday, I decided to call to see what they were...was told the doctor left yesterday, will be out of the country for 3 weeks. Guess no time to read the results b4 that trip.

|  very terse  |  show details
by Baffled N. Mason on Apr 22nd, 2013

The last time I saw Dr. Mangu, she was very terse when answering my questions, and even seemed to be upset that I was asking questions. I have not been back to see her, and would not recommend her to my friends or family. I value a doctor who takes time with me and answers the questions that I have in a civil tone. I don't believe that's asking too much.

|  Risks of taking Actos  |  show details
Oct 9th, 2012

I have been prescribed Actos by Dr. Mangu and after reading SEVERAL reviews on various medical websites, I am apprehensive to take the medication. I do not want to get swollen limbs, congestive heart failure, achey joints and have no energy. I am 63 and I still want to have a good quality of life. Can someone ask Dr. Mangu what alternative I have besides Actos? I am very upset and concerned with what I have been reading from all souces of information and people who have been taking Actos. e:mail crystallee@msn.comThank you for your considerstion. Home # 829-0593. Linda Corder

|  poor bedside manner  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2011

Dismissive towards patient and patient's concerns.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by Ron Bryant on Apr 3rd, 2009

I have been seeing Dr Mangu since 2002 for complications from a pituitary tumor. She is very knowledgable and professional. Her treatment has been instrumental in keeping me healthy.