Dr. Padma Mangu MD, BS, MBBS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 18th, 2016
Frustrated
Dr Mangu listened to my symptoms, the proceeded to laugh directly at me. She wanted to know where I read my symptoms. She laughed and said "oh, great, another internet self diagnosis!" I explained that I did not find it funny, something is wrong and I didn't diagnos myself, I expected her to do texts and tell me what they show... She then sat with a sarcastic smile on her face and without and exam or blood work told me what she thinks I have and gave me a diagnosis. Her bedside manner is highly lacking as well as her staff. I actually walked out of her office without finishing the appt.

January 28th, 2016
Run away for her!
Horrible service, wrong diagnosis, will not admit to mistakes and take responsibility for non-actions

July 1st, 2014
Rude and condescending

March 3rd, 2014
Patient for 4 years
Dr. Manga has been a blessing to me. I have had type 1 for 22 years and started going to her when I first got pregnant. She helped me get through my pregnancies and diabetes since.

November 26th, 2013
Terrible bedside manner
I was referred to Dr. Mangu for insulin pump therapy. After finally starting on the insulin pump, I became gravely ill with vomiting, diarrhea, and dehydration and called her office at 8 AM to see if I should go to the hospital. She did not call me back until after her office was closed for the day. She did not seem at all concerned about my condition and told me to wait and see what happens. The following morning, I could barely even stand up as I was so dizzy. I called my primary doctor, who returned my call within 20 minutes, and he sent me to the emergency room where I was diagnosed with salmonella poisoning. He called me back several times that week to see how I was doing. Dr. Mangu never called to inquire how I was doing and I never went back to her. She always made me feel as if I was bothering her if I tried to ask questions and didn't really seem to care about her patients. I would NOT recommend her to anyone.

July 2nd, 2013
Begging for a diagnosis.
I waited 6 weeks for an appointment..not abnormal. I've had several test done to find out/rule out what may be my medical condition. The problem I have is I have to call every time to get my own test results (figure the doctor should be the one to call me). Not sure how long I would be waiting for those results if I did not call. Then after being told the results have been in...just waiting for the doctor to review them...Several more days go by, then will receive a call from a nurse advising on further testing. I'm starting to lose my confidence in trusting my health care to this physician. She doesn't have the greatest bedside manner, but no biggie if I could just get some answers. The staff is always friendly when I call in. Since it's now July, & my first appointment (only appointment was in May) I just want some kind of concrete diagnosis. By the way, my latest test results were in on Friday..It's now Tuesday, I decided to call to see what they were...was told the doctor left yesterday, will be out of the country for 3 weeks. Guess no time to read the results b4 that trip.

April 22nd, 2013
very terse
The last time I saw Dr. Mangu, she was very terse when answering my questions, and even seemed to be upset that I was asking questions. I have not been back to see her, and would not recommend her to my friends or family. I value a doctor who takes time with me and answers the questions that I have in a civil tone. I don't believe that's asking too much.

January 25th, 2011
poor bedside manner
Dismissive towards patient and patient's concerns.

April 3rd, 2009
Excellent Doctor
I have been seeing Dr Mangu since 2002 for complications from a pituitary tumor. She is very knowledgable and professional. Her treatment has been instrumental in keeping me healthy.

April 15th, 2017