Dr. Padma Rao MD Patient Reviews

• Family Medicine Georgetown, KY

• Good
  • Bad

November 1st, 2016
She is the best Dr. She cares about her patients. Always encourages me. She goes out of her way to make sure i have what I need even when it after hours. I feel like I am part of her family. Not all Dr's do that. I am so glad. She has been my Dr since 2006 I think. I won't change for anything.

October 25th, 2016
I have been going to Dr. Rao for 5 years now. I am very pleased with her and I would recommend her to anyone that needs to be heard. She also is one of the Dr's that take Medicaid a lot of Dr's want nothing to do with it. I feel like i'm apart of her family when I come to see her.

October 25th, 2016
best dr.
she is one of the best dr. i ever had she is nice careing to her clients and very good at what she does i would recmound her highily to other people i am very glad to have her as my dr.

May 4th, 2016
Horrible Experience
Horrible experience. First two times I went to see the doctor she did not actually examine my injury until the third time. I was sent to Physical Therapy for two months before an MRI or x-ray was done. Finally after PT was completed I was in more pain so I decided to seek another doctor. Turns our it was a torn rotator cuff.

January 5th, 2015
Doctor seemed like she wanted to flee the room as soon as she came in. This appt was for my husband establish a doctor. We paid out of pocket and had less than 10 minutes of her time to discuss any issues. She did prescribe his thyroid medicine but not able or willing to address our second concern. And since she couldn't address that issue she left without ever doing anything. The only question asked was "do you smoke".

September 10th, 2013
I have been with Dr. Padma Rao for over 6 years. She not only cares for me, but for my two children as well. Anytime that we need to be seen, they are willing to work us in, even if they have a full schedule. She takes her time when in the room with you, and she truly cares about her patients. Her office staff is always helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a Dr. for themselves and there family.

August 22nd, 2013
Patient
I was very Blessed to have Dr. Rao as my assigned doctor while in the Georgetown Community Hospital several years ago. At the time my family doctor was no longer practicing, after being so impressed with the care I received from her while in the hospital I asked if she was accepting new patients. I then transferred to Dr. Rao's care as my family physician and then eventually my three children as well. If not for Dr. Rao I would not be posting this comment, you see I was in the hospital that time for MRSA. This was the 1st of 23 times in 16 months. ENT's had be going to UK twice weekly to be treated by Infectious Disease specialist but the MRSA breakouts continued. Dr. Rao would not give up on me and just let the specialists handle it. She called me at work and home to check on me, researched the disease and treatments, cures, anything she could to give me hope because when UK told me my last resort was chemo....I had very little left. Dr. Rao kept on until she found a specialist for a second opinion. He was 108 miles farther than traveling to Lexington but the current specialist wasn't able to prevent the new breakouts. Went to the new specialist one time, he phoned Dr. Rao and told her what to treat me with, 30 days later I finally tested negative for MRSA and to date haven't had another breakout. I will always give Praise & Glory to God, but I also Thank Him for Dr. Padma Rao, she has truly been a life saver.

July 26th, 2013
Dr. Rao spends enough time with me during my visits to get a complete picture of my health and accurately diagnose me. She uses an electronic charting system that makes her office and staff efficient. She returns phone calls in a timely fashion, something many other doctors struggle with, Her assistant, Misty, is also caring and works to make my visits stress free. Having been diagnosed with cancer twice, Dr. Rao works well with my specialists to coordinate my general care with my oncology needs. She is truly a good communicator, something that is very important when choosing a doctor.

July 22nd, 2013
Great
Dr. Rao has been my doctor for years. I am very pleased with the service receive from her and her office staff. I love the new office space.

July 22nd, 2013
I would recommend Dr. Rao to anyone needing a family physician. She is my family physician and is now the physician of my 2 children, my mother and my grandmother. She is very patient with my grandmother who has some dimentia and can be very difficult. She takes the time with you that other physicians do not, you're not just a number or a dollar sign.

July 19th, 2013
Dr Rao
Padma Rao has been my Dr for about 8 yrs. Since I have been seeing her, my life has improved 100%. Now I don't dread getting up in the mornings. I wake up with a zest for life, all because she got my illnesses straightened out. Dr Rao is a unique doctor. She has the bedside manner that the old country doctor's had. She listens to you and doesn't make you feel like an idiot. She really cares about her patients. I have a very high regard for Dr. Rao. If Dr. Rao feels she can't fix whatever is wrong with you, she sends you right away to a specialist who can. Because of this attitude she saved my life when I first started going to her. As long as I live and she is practicing, I'll always be her patient. In my book she is #1.

July 15th, 2013
Dr. Rao has been our doctor for years now and I have referred many of my friends and other family members to her with no regret. She pays detailed attention to each and every one of my family members with utmost concern. Your appointment is scheduled with enough time for the doctor to give you the one on one attention you deserve and expect. I enjoy arriving for my appointment and NOT having to wait. The staff at the office are always so very friendly. Dr. Rao has had no problem in giving an accurate diagnosis and spends lots of time getting to know more about the patient themselves and their life. If you are looking for a doctor for you or your family, then look no further.