Dr. Padmini Thakkar Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

THIS LADY IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

Posted on December 11th, 2015

Instead of actually dealing with my medical issues, she tried to push her "vitamins" which were grossly overpriced. Her staff was rude and unhappy. She tried to over-medicate me. She tried to get me into her many "programs" while not listening to a word I was saying. I had/have serious health problems which she did not even entertain. I went to another doctor who immediately cut my meds, and he stated that if I had stayed in her care.....I could have feasibly died. This is all documented. She is $$$ hungry. I am so glad for my new doctor and a chance at life again. If you like your life, get a real doctor.

Posted on September 9th, 2015

I went to Dr. Thakkar as a new patient . She thoroughly examined me, listened to me very carelully, reviwed my records. Dr. and her staff was very friendly. Dr. Thakkar has a very good reputation in the area. I am glad I found her website on the internet. I highly recommend her. Her website is www.DrMiniThakkarMD.com

Horrible doctor .... In it for the money

Posted on August 5th, 2015

Most likely because I was an HMO patient, Dr Thakkar ignored my symptoms and told me my swollen hands and feet were do to stress. My joints were in a pain scale 10 out of 10. I saw her at least 8 times. She wanted me to seems stress counsellor. I was literally disabled. I couldn't whipe my own tear end. I begged her to finally take A blood test. Reluctantly, she agreed and oddly schedule the test to be taken several weeks out. My blood test finally was performed and I called the office several days later to see if the test results came In. I was desperate. The pain was unbearable. A nurse answered and happen to have the test in front of her. I had her fax it to me and discovered I had a significantly elevated SED rate. The nurse stifled the dr would call me after reviewing the test. Later that day I recieved a call from her office. The nurse told me my blood was perfectly good and asked me to see a stress counsellor!!!! So they lied in an effort to have me find another doctor. I filed a report to the hospital and she lied again by saying I refused to come in and get my blood retested. Another bold lie. I was forced to find another doctor who in my first visit referred me to a rheumatologist. He quickly diagnosed me with turnaround arthritis. Dr Thakkar understood I was going To be an expensive patient for her and did everything in her power to delay treatment and force me to abandon her as a patient. Shame on her. In my opinion she should have her license revoked.

Extremely Rude and Confrontational

Posted on May 28th, 2013

After waiting in a room for over 45 minutes, Dr. Thakkar barely said hello before she started arguing with me. Her confrontational bedside manner is extremely unprofessional. Its hard to believe that she still has patients. She did not seem to care about the fact that I was in her office in pain, but tried her best to make me feel completely incompetent. Before I knew it she was out the door and on to the next patient. This was by far the worst experience I've ever had with a so-called health professional,

Worst reputation

Posted on November 1st, 2012

This doctor has the worst reputation atAdvocate Good Shepherd Hospital. I am.surprised she still has privileges there. She rude to hospital staff and arrogant as well. Wouldn't take my worst enemy to her. Wait...yes I would!

Greatful..

Posted on October 24th, 2012

I have been Dr. Thakkar's patient for over 25 years. She is compationate, very good listener, best bedside manners and the best clinitian with a good sense of humor. I highly recommend her.

Shark!

Posted on May 22nd, 2012

As with some other reviews, my experience has been1. She overcharges. We got billed almost $1000 for annual wellness blood tests. Our insurance company has refused to pay because the tests were coded "diagnostic" rather than "wellness". We have spent numerous phone calls trying to resolve this.2. She wants to charge us for transferring records to another doctor. The reason we want to change doctors is because she charges for everything.A shark!We have since left. UNSCRUPULOUS. The office people are terrible

Very Caring

Posted on August 26th, 2011

Dr. Thakkar is very caring and spends time listening and explaining options to the patient.Dr. Thakkar is gentle with a wonderful bedside manner. Her staff always greet me by name and are very courteous .

Posted on April 22nd, 2011

I can not say enough for Dr. Thakkar. I have been her patient for 24 years. She listens, spends plenty of time with the patient. She is comapassioante and caring and believes in preventive care.Her bedside manners are very good. I can reach her at any time of the day in case of emergency. I am sorry, the person who wrote that she demands the fee upfront must not have paid his/her bill for a long time.

Posted on November 14th, 2010

I went in for a history and physical for a cosmetic surgery that I was having. Dr. Thakkar told me that my insurance company would not pay for the physical so I would have to pay out of pocket. I explained that I have a first dollar benefit with Aetna and that they would cover it. We went back and forth and I eventually ended up leaving without the physical being done. I went home and made another appointment with another doctor the next week and my insurance company covered the bill in full just as I had told her. Overall, I felt that she did not handle the situation with the courtesy and professionalism that I would expect from someone in her position. Definitely not going back to her.

Posted on January 25th, 2010

Dr. Thakkar is difficult to understand. She does not have a good method of explaining things so it may be understood easily by her patients. The biggest problem with this doctor is they require payment upfront before you even get in to see the doctor. How do they know what to charge if the doctor hasn't even seen you yet? Also, they do not refund your money if they charged you incorrectly!

very pleased

Posted on April 1st, 2009

she is very warm and cares about her patients.