Dr. Page Salenger Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Page Salenger?

September 18th, 2016

Misdiagnosed the severity of my disease, negligent in following up with my condition.

I went to Dr. Salenger with excessive swelling in my legs. I was worried and she casually stated that what I had wasn't an immediate concern, and therefore scheduled a follow-up appointment for me three weeks later. A few days later, my condition deteriorated to the point where I was admitted to the ER and had to stay at the hospital for over a week. Throughout this ordeal and suffering with multiple IVs, blood tests and fasting for a biopsy there was no follow up from Dr. Salenger's office. Unfortunately after I was discharged, my symptoms got worse. Yet, I still had to wait for my appointment. When I went for my appt I was surprised to see that Dr. Salenger was not there. We were anxiously awaiting the results of the biopsy and told that nothing had come in. As my symptoms got worse, I still not allowed to begin treatment since Dr. Salenger was not there. Even worse than all of this was to discover that that the results were sitting in her office for over a week. When I finally learned of this and requested to have a copy, I was initially, and more than once told NO by her office staff. They insisted that I had to wait for Dr. Salenger to return. No treatment, and my symptoms were getting worse. As a patient, I was not allowed access to my own medical records, which would have revealed that my test was done over a week earlier. Yet I suffered all this time because this office appears to have no back-up or redundancy if the primary healthcare provider is not reachable or out of service. Needless to say this is beyond negligent. If my initial concerns were properly addressed, I doubt I would've have had to go through this horrible experience, beginning with my stay for almost 10 full days in the hospital with not a care or a basic follow-up to see why I was in the hospital and most appalling, not having access to my own medical records, therefore delaying the start of any treatment. Slowly I'm getting better as I've since found another nephrologist, who started me on treatment immediately. However, I will never forget about this experience.

April 1st, 2016