Primary Care Doctor, Family Practitioner

by Meredith on Feb 12th, 2015

My physician is Dr Walend. She is very personable and listens to what I have to say, never rushing me out like some doctors I have heard about. I have recommended numerous people to her office. I have had personal dealings with her and Dr Hopkins and can't say enough great things about them both. They are very thorough with their treatment and listen to my concerns, I have every confidence in them and their care. The office staff is always courteous and accommodating and Dr Walend's assistant Suzy is the best.

Knowlegdeable, friendly, respectful of your beliefs show details Knowlegdeable, friendly, respectful of your beliefs
by BeavisMom on May 7th, 2013

Following my husband's referral, I have moved myself and my children to Dr. Walend's care. She is very knowledgeable and can give you a balanced review of both standard and alternative methods and treatments, is very easy to talk with, respectful, and inspires confidence. It can take a while for an appointment with her, a month or more, but you can always see one of her P.A.s, the two who I have seen are awesome! I have never felt rushed or cheated out of my appointment time. On the flip side, once I was asked if I wanted to reschedule my appointment, after waiting over half an hour, because she was so backed up. The ladies at the front desk are nice enough, but not warm or friendly.

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST FAMILY PRACTIVE DOCTOR! show details ABSOLUTELY THE BEST FAMILY PRACTIVE DOCTOR!
Feb 15th, 2012

Dr. Walend has been my family's doctor since she began practicing in Ahwatukee years ago. We did not hesitate to follow her when she moved her practice to a Chandler location. She has the finest medical credentials, the best bedside manner - fully attentive and truly caring, is extremely intelligent; yet not arrogant nor rude. Her personal assistants, Susi and Linda, are welcoming, highly efficient and caring as well. I recommend Dr. Walend to everyone. If Dr. Walend had control over hiring front desk staff, then I believe you would see those staff smiling to greet patients; unfortunately some of the current front desk staffers seem to smile only when the drug reps are bringing in "goodies" for them.

Sep 28th, 2010

Office staff disinterested in adding a new client, very rude and unhelpful.

A caring doctor who listens show details A caring doctor who listens
Mar 1st, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Walend's since 1996. She has taken the time to get to know me and my family, and is the rare doctor who actually sits still and listens, to really understand her patients. I have had a lot of weird health problems, and she is persistent in helping me figure out what's going on. She is kind and diligent and smart and caring -- all the best qualities in a doctor.

May 19th, 2009

Dr. Walend is very kind. She listens to everything you say and is very helpful. She is very good at what she does. Great doctor. I would recommend her to anyone. Just watch out for her medical assistants they are not very helpful and don't communicate with one another.