Dr. Pallavi Sharma MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

May 3rd, 2016
Very pleasant personality. Makes you feel at ease.

December 2nd, 2015
Very professional and thorough!

November 20th, 2015
I highly recommend Dr Sharma. All the staff are very nice . I am so glad I was reffered to her by my primary care Dr. The nurses are great they really listen to you about your smptoms..

July 14th, 2015
Great doc, would recommend
Good doc, helped me walk after so many years Really took good care of me, great staff, warm&friendly

April 29th, 2015
Wonderful rhematologist
Dr. Sharma has fixed all of my medical issues that other rheumatologists weren't able to. I travel well over three hours every visit to see her. She has slight difficulty with her speech but she always communicates important information clearly and leaves me well-informed. Highly recommend Dr. Sharma

April 9th, 2014
Wonderful doc, but takes time to understand
ive been a patient with dr sharma for years now and seen doctors throughout atlanta for my problems. not one has taken as good care of me as she. her staff are nice but could use some diversity. in the past years she has developed some problem with her speech and her walking. but she has been the only doc who takes the time to listen to me carefully and treat me better than other docs in the area, best of all she has always treated my pain and symptoms and my primary care doc strongly recommends her. itll take time for you to get used to the way she speaks but get past that and youll have a great doc

December 27th, 2013
I read all these reviews and some are brutal and brutally inaccurate. It is true that Dr. Sharma has an accent, and it is compounded by some type of speech impediment - I heard she had surgery that resulted in some type of stroke type symptoms and even if that is not accurate, it does describe the way she presents herself. This handicap tremendously limits her ability to communicate -- I've been there half a dozen times and I've learned to keep asking questions and if I don't understand, the nurse does well translating. As far as treatment, it's been hit and miss, but she listens and is willing to try other forms of medication in an effort to help. I like her better than than her staff. They are inept. I have to have a blood test every three months and half the time the referral hasn't been properly done resulting in a long wait while the lab tries to contact them. I left after an appointment and was told my meds would be called into my drug store. After a week, no notice from the drug store so I called and spoke to the nurse. She phoned that same day but phone the prescription in to the wrong drug store and there were to be two prescriptions and only one showed up at the drug store. I tried to call back two days after Christmas and evidently the office is closed. Dr. Sharma is a nice lady, but be prepared for a lot of frustration in dealing with her staff and a challenge when communicating with her.

October 16th, 2013
Good dr, highly recommend
visited dr sharma for terrible knee pain. she had a slight accent but she took excellent care of me. really cares for her patients, you can see it. she took the time to explain my condition, the medicine, and any side effects. i first visited dr sharma in 2011 and only see her since. highly recommend her

August 5th, 2013
Finally someone who listens.
I was very very pleased with my appointment with Dr. Sharma. She has a very easy going friendly beside manner and she actually listens and hears what her patients have to say. I really liked the fact that she didn't try to rush me along to see the next patient. Do not judge a book by its cover. Dr Sharma is very sharp and she knows her stuff despite having a disability. The fact that she continues to push through hers give me strength and hope that I can also do the same with my own struggle with RA. Whoever made the negative comments about her condition before should really be ashamed of themselves . If you are looking for a great doctor that knows their stuff and has a great bedside manner and actually listens to the patient and their concerns, then Dr. Sharma is the doctor for you.

May 19th, 2013
I, like so many others before me, read a number of reviews before visiting Dr. Sharma. One reviewer made a nasty allegation of drug use or intoxication concerning Dr. Sharma's difficulty speaking and this is a terrible tarnish on someone who should be celebrated for their strength. I return to this doctor because of my own ailment. The fact that she continues to persevere in the face of her own difficulties gives me the strength to persevere through my own struggles with lupus. So what if her nurses do the talking for her? Her speech may be impaired and her hands may be shaky, but her brain is sound. And that's what you should be paying for.

May 3rd, 2013
Fabulous!
Dr. Sharma is a fabulous doctor. She has helped me tremendously and is always there when I call. Her confident and helpful staff make the experience quite pleasant even on my worst days. She has given me many injections and all went perfectly. She listens and responds accordingly. I hope she remains in practice for many more years. I have complete trust in her and everyone who works with her. Oh, another bonus: When you have an appointment you can expect to be seen on or close to the appointment time, which is important to me. She values her patient's time and makes excellent use of her own!

October 30th, 2012
Innaccurate Reviews
I visited Dr. Sharma's office yesterday as a referral patient for Fibromyalgia and SLE (Systemic Lupus). I must admit, I read some of the reviews online and was a little worried after hearing what those people had to say. Now, after meeting her and having an appointment, I can assure you...they are wrong. It was stated that she was under some influence, drunk and/or on drugs. What an insult, and obviously an opinion of someone who was up to no good. She has had a medical incident that has given her an impairment. This however, did not affect her ability and knowledge in treating me. She speaks slowly and yes does need the assistance of her nurse to communicate some times. I found her to be very caring, attentive, and understanding about my pain management needs. She was willing to run all tests necessary to find an accurate diagnosis, and was thorough. I was able to schedule a follow up visit with her in a reasonable time, not having to wait for weeks on end. I feel like people are way to judgmental about others without truly knowing their situation. Bottom line, don't be scared off...Dr. Sharma is a very caring, thoughtful, capable and attentive doctor.