Dr. Pamela Allen MD Patient Reviews

• Dermatology Oklahoma City, OK

• Good
  • Bad

July 19th, 2016
2 1/2 Hour Wait on Horrible Hard Bench To See A Dermatologist!!!!!!
Horribly run office! Mt appt. was canceled and rescheduled by their office two times, after already waiting six months. Then, I had to wait 2 1/2 hours to see her. Seriously, is a PATIENT'S TIME WORTH NOTHING! Why are patients treated like this in a dermatologist office? Too bad, OU sets this example for their med students!

February 16th, 2015
I love me some Dr. Allen...
Dr Allen makes eye contact with you, she listens & remembers your name and reason you're there.. I've always been embarrassed about my condition and she has never made me feel this way.. More people , I believe, would go to doctors if they were treated like people and not just another number. She also has a stellar staff...

May 13th, 2014
10 years with a bad diagnosis from her!!!
This Doctor needs to go back to school. She Diagnosed me with a skin disease for several years. I was put in clinical trials and given High powered Drugs to treat this diagnosis she gave me. I took the trial drug and had a bad reaction… quit taking the medication and called the office. They did not call me back for over 2 months. I asked at every visit for her to do a biopsy to find out what my skin problem really was… she refused saying "I know what you have, I don't need a biopsy to figure that out". Well long story short… she was wrong!!! I went to another Dermatologist… she did a biopsy and Im NOW I'm cured. Don't spend years with a doctor that does not know what they are talking about. --- sorry to be so negative but sometimes the truth hurts. ---- Good Luck!!!

May 17th, 2013
After two appointments, I'll find another dermatologist
Over two and a half hours late to my first appointment, and I had the first appointment of the day. Both appointments, talks to her medical students as if you weren't sitting right there, too. Rather insensitively, too. Referred to my "sand paper skin" right in front of me even though I'm there for a cancer check. Tried to up-sale me to other dermatological procedures even though I'm just being checked for melanoma. Not at all thorough either time in checking for melanomas. My previous dermatologist used a special light and looked at every freckle, taking notes. Allen basically gave me a once over as if I were modeling a new dress and sent me on my way both times.

November 22nd, 2012
I felt like her main objective is to push all the cosmetic treatments they have now. It makes you wonder if easy money is all she is interested in. If I was bringing it up then I wouldn't have a problem but it's all her idea. She isn't even tactful as she greets you. It's like "oh, my goodness, isn't growing old terrible", you leave feeling like you must look awful. I was just wanting an annual skin check up.

August 14th, 2012
Excellent all around

July 6th, 2011
would never see her again
My daughter saw her couple times she only shows up at the first time just for 1 min and then never show up. I saw her twice and the first time was OK but the second time I waited for >1 hr she did nothing, no exams, no prescription, just let me make another appt in 1 month. absolutely, I said NO!

May 18th, 2011
She actually did not show up,just saw a PA.

October 10th, 2009