Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com.
Awful! show details Awful!
Jul 7th, 2015

Living my entire life with migraine headaches and not ever finding a cure (not that I expected one), I heard about Dr. Blake so I decide to try her out. My first appointment was alright, nothing too special. Getting into my second, third, and even today my sixth, has been terrible. Her office staff is rude, she is just rude and uncaring, and her office is just so slow. She is nothing that we expected. I definitely do not recommend her.

She is amazing show details She is amazing
by Steven C on Mar 30th, 2015

I started seeing Dr. Blake in June 2014 for persistent headaches and migraines caused by a car accident in 2010. She knew exactly what the problem was when I described my symptoms, the first time a doctor seemed to understand since it all started. She supervised the nerve decompression surgery and has taken care of me since (March 2015 current). I have never had a doctor spend as much time as she has. She is extraordinarily compassionate and knowledgeable, and I would recommend her to anyone with persistent headaches that no other doctor can help with. The surgery has helped the single biggest issue, and I think the other issues are slowly improving. It can take time to heal and show results after the surgery so she makes it clear that you shouldn't get discouraged. She goes above and beyond to help.

by Leanne DeCola on Mar 18th, 2015

At first great. Had to wait to go to her due to HMO ins. I think that was 5 Months Then after get PPO ins her PA decided I was a Dr. Hopper and drug addict and even questioned our children (grown) then after surgery head still hurt, Dr. Blake wanted me to spend ONE month in rehab for drug addiction. Guest what had the stimulator and NO Drugs And NO rehab. Guess I wasn't a addict. Very very hurtful. I was in so much pain and the last almost year I was in bed a dark room because the dr who could help the most refused. Such a shame for the people who really do need help.

NOT headache Specialist show details NOT headache Specialist
by Dissatisfied on Jan 11th, 2015

She may have graduated from a prestigious medical school (Georgetown), or fellowship at Johns Hopkins, but I find her and her office throughly lacking. She is dismissive and seems unwilling to treat hard cases. She will refer you for expensive and experimental surgery if you are a difficult case. Her referrals to Dr. Carlton Perry are questionable. They way she gets irritated when you don't want to try decompression, or neurostimulator surgery makes me wonder if there is something unethical going on. I find it hard to believe she is ignorant, seeing how she has 23 years experience, 7 years in Texas. But she states facts that are not in agreement with current research or medical publications. She may peg you with a wrong diagnosis, such as depression, and hence not treat you with the appropriate care you need. If you contradict her, she does not respond well. She will give unsolicited social work advice. She may recommend stuff like going back to school. Things that are not only unpractical, but near impossible if you are disabled by a headache. I find her arrogant, cavalier, and unyielding. I would not recommend her to friends, family, or stranger. I don't know her past medical experience, but I don't know how she got a headache specialist job with Memorial Hermann Medical Group. They are dis-served by her in my opinion. Try John Claude Krusz, or Brian Loftus way before you would try her.

Lost my faith in doctors show details Lost my faith in doctors
Mar 20th, 2014

Ok, so she didn't cure me... Neither did the other neurologists that I saw before her, that's alright (while nothing to brag about). Here's my issue... Dr. Blake passes off a LOT onto her Physicians Assistant, who is...not a doctor. Beyond that, her customer service began to be an issue. Appointments were canceled by her office, frequently. And I was given one option of when to come instead, otherwise, I would be rescheduled for a month past my original appointment. When I would call the office with an urgent medical question, I would rarely get a call back, and never from Dr. Blake. When I left a message with the receptionist explaining my concern over these issues and that I would appreciate speaking with the doctor about them, I did not receive a call. I called again a few weeks later, as I had been waiting (for almost 6 weeks without treatment) for Dr. Blake's office to prepare for a medical procedure (this only took two weeks with a past doctor), I complained again about Dr. Blake having not called to address my concerns. I requested a call yet again. A few days later, I called my insurance provider to check on the status of my upcoming procedure with Dr. Blake. They informed me that they had stopped moving forward because they had been informed that I was "no longer under the care of that physician." I still haven't received a phone call. I believe at this point her ethics come into question as she has, in a way, prevented me from receiving the medical treatment that I require. I am truly disgusted with the way Dr. Blake handled this situation.

Very disappointed show details Very disappointed
Jun 7th, 2013

My son and I were desperate for help. He was suicidal because he has been suffering from nerve pain and chronic migraines for ten years. After waiting more than two hours in the appointment room Dr. Blake finally entered and spent all of 2 minutes with us saying she wouldn't help. She was curt, unsympathetic, and wouldn't offer any suggestions or treatment options. She wouldn't help with the depression either and showed no concern for his well being. Keep in mind that she diagnosed him with chronic migraines and occipital neuralgia last year and booked him for experimental surgery that cost us over $20,000 out of pocket (insurance doesn't pay). The surgery didn't help... I guess that once she accepted our life savings there was no motivation to continue trying to help him. We drove 4 hours from Ft Worth to get to the appointment. The nurses were very friendly but were given no explanation as to why should treat us this way. My son left feeling more hopeless than he did before and she surely offered none. My follow up call to request a next step was ignored and we did not receive a call back. My son is disabled and has no insurance now so every dollar we spend on his treatment must be carefully considered. This appointment wasted valuable dollars. Please pray for him if you read this and good luck in your endeavors to ring compassionate medical treatment. God bless.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Angela McFarland, a very pleasedpatient! : ) show details Angela McFarland, a very pleasedpatient! : )
Oct 24th, 2012

I am a daily migraine sufferer! When I came to Dr. Blake, I knew I was in the right place. She is very professional, intelligent, knowlegeable about headaches, andf at the same time extremely compassionate & caring! She immediately understood how incapacitating my headaches were & that I didn't want to be put on more drugs. After evaluating me, she referred me to Dr. Perry for the occipital nerve decompression surgery, which alleviated a great deal of my pain. I still have my daily migraines, but she has worked patiently with me to get me on a medication regime that is helping somewhat but is acceptable to me. No other dr. has ever been as kind or understanding to me in my life & I am now over 66yrs old!! I would & have recommended her to any & all of my friends in need of her services! She is indeed "One of a Kind"!

Dr. Blake is wonderful show details Dr. Blake is wonderful
Feb 1st, 2012

This doctor ended 15 years of chronic headaches. She could not be more caring. Best doctor I have ever had.

Aug 23rd, 2011

Great doctor; explains thorough but the office staff does not worth a f*uck!!

Wonderful Headache Specialist! show details Wonderful Headache Specialist!
Jul 21st, 2011

Dr. Blake spent over an hour with me during my initial visit, reviewing my migraine history and treatments tried. She is a truly compassionate person who cares for her patients. After seeing several other Neurologists who were unable to help me, Dr. Blake got to the root of my problem within a few visits. She gave me nerve block injections for my chronic daily migraines, and then referred me to Dr. Carlton Perry for nerve decompression surgery. Dr. Blake is very knowledgeable, compassionate and effective! I would recommend Dr. Blake to anyone who is living with chronic headache pain.

Wonderful headache specialist! show details Wonderful headache specialist!
by Anonymous on Jul 21st, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Dr. Blake is wonderful show details Dr. Blake is wonderful
Apr 3rd, 2011

Dr. Blake is a phenomenal physician. I would recommend her to anyone. I flew to visit her from out of state and it was worth every nickel.

The most wonderful doctor I have ever met... show details The most wonderful doctor I have ever met...
by Erica Knight-Muck on Oct 13th, 2010

I was introduced to Dr. Pamela Blake on 08/29/07 when I entered her office with severe chronic daily headaches. She spends time with you and knows you by name every time she sees you. You are not a number in her office but a person. I also had nerve decompression surgery 11/29/07 and recovered quite well. Everything that I can say about Dr. Blake is remarkable. She is the best and I thank God everyday that she came into my life when she did.

Best and Most Thorough and Compassionate Doctor Ever show details Best and Most Thorough and Compassionate Doctor Ever
by Sandy Wilson on Dec 31st, 2009

I have and would again - at any time recommend Dr. Blake to anyone. Especially those with complex problems. She is compassionate, thorough, and extremely kind. She is an intutive and preceptive physician. She works very hard to diagnose and solve any underlying problem, as well as the surface symptoms. And, she is a wonderful human being in general. She is one of those rare doctors that you're lucky if you ever meet and get treated by her, because she is extremely intellegent and always does her best. She never gives up!! :-)

Need Your Help show details Need Your Help
by Mrs. Karen W. Pearson on Aug 27th, 2009

Hello,I use to have Dr. Pamela Blake as my doctor at Georgetown Unversity Hospital, before meeting her in the hospital I stayed a lot of pain,Becuse of her I was starting to see the light again then she moved away and I was giving a different doctor that on Monday decided to give me another doctor who wants to start me on medicine that never worked in the first place. I feel like since Dr. Pamela Blake left I have no one at this hospital that will listen or take the time to look at her notes so that I the patient don't have to be the new doctors pet peoject. I son't have the money to come to Texas but at this point I am going to have to try to get the money in order to get some help, someone who care's.someone who will listen to me and care.Karen Pearson2915 Brinkley Rd. T-1Temple Hills MD. 20748Phone 301-894-0019Juat want and need a doctor that cares for the patient.

Great doc! show details Great doc!
by Marjorie W on Mar 13th, 2009

she is awesome and has helped my headaches alot. Thye will never go away (unless I take birth control) because they are hormonal, but at least I know what the problem is and I have a means by which to control it.

Migraine info that works show details Migraine info that works
by Marjorie Williams on May 23rd, 2008

Dr. Blake gave me a thorough neurological examination. Based on what I told her, she presented the possible causes for my migraines. She gave me a sheet to keep track of when I had a headache. Finally it was narrowed down to be a result of hormonal fluctuation and poor sleep. While I still get migraines. I can better prepare for them because I know the triggers. I have gone to many MDs about this including another neurologist. Dr. Blake was the first person to take the time to find out what was actually the problem instead of pushing a bunch of pills on me from the start. Also, now that I no longer have health insurance (laid-off) she still sees me - at a reduced rate. Now THAT is good bedside manner. She is the best and so is her staff.