Adolescent Specialist, Family Practitioner, Pediatrician

Video profile

Great doctor show details Great doctor
Feb 8th, 2016

Dr. Carlton is great. At first she came off a little cold but she quickly warmed up as she got to know me. She sets aside plenty of time for you at your appointment -- you never feel rushed. She's very thorough and knowledgable. She cares about every single person that comes into her office. I was already an adult when I saw her, but I had heard she could be a little "scary" to patients under 18 because she could easily force the parents to send the kid away to the hospital or treatment center. She tried to get me to do that but as an adult I could decline. So yes, she can be a little pushy and I felt like sometimes she was OVER-concerned, but I don't think those are bad things at all. Eating disorders are tricky to treat and she does a great job advocating for better treatment and general awareness. Great office staff as well. Only 'negative' I can note is that if you contact her by email, she's not great at responding.

Excellent overall. show details Excellent overall.
Sep 6th, 2012

Dr. Carlton is extremely knowledgeable and thorough. She explains things completely and clearly. Communication is thorough and clear. I could not have asked more from a doctor in the care of my daughter's eating disorder.

Terrible show details Terrible
Mar 30th, 2012

I found Dr. Carlton to be rude, disrespectful, and unhelpful. She didn't listen to my personal needs and wishes, but rather disregarded what I said. She was also found to be in a very serious breach of a confidentiality agreement, at which point I terminated my relationship with her.

A real Gem show details A real Gem
Oct 23rd, 2010

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Carlton. She is caring, easy to talk to and always spends as much time with me as I need.

Connection show details Connection
Sep 11th, 2010

I feel like i can't really connect with this doctor. I often dont feel comfortable telling her anything that i would definitely tell another doctor. Overall, dont feel the connection and cannot confide anything to her.