Dr. Pamela Christy DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.3
  • 6 reviews

March 2nd, 2016
Great Dr
I think shes a great Dr . Doesnt rob you for an office call. She speaks english you can understand. Acts like a regular person you can talk to and ask questions. Shows an interest in your questions and tries to explain things so you understand them. I dont know about using insurance or other medical services'

September 19th, 2015
i have seen Dr Christy for years. her experience and knowledge is outstanding. i would recommend her medical practice to anyone.

April 2nd, 2015
Unprofessional worst dr I ever been to

July 24th, 2014
VERY RUDE/UNPROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR FROM DR AND RECEPTIONIST
I am not a difficult person to deal with at all, so I was very surprised by this and I don't know if being mistreated had anything to do with discrimination or my younger age, but I have wondered. The receptionist, (Kathy I believe) did not want to do her job and apply my insurance towards my bill even though it is one they accept and I have written it on the paperwork. I even asked Dr Christy how much my bill was and she argued with me that Kathy already sent me a bill and hung up on me. Almost everytime I called to check on my updated bill with my insurance applied, I had to give Kathy my insurance number again. I never got anything in the mail from them that is the honest truth. I got married and needed to switch my insurance to my husband in the navy's insurance but wanted to take care of this first. Called a few times, gave Kathy my numbers again. Had 2 agents from my insurance call and no answer. I call again and told Kathy, "Look I need to get this taken care of what do you need from me?" She then tells me just dont worry about it, and its going to be written off, refused to tell me why or send me anything. I didn't feel right about it, I didn't want them to come back and get me so I called again saying I wanted documentation saying I owe nothing, she just said, "dont worry about it you wont get any charges ok BYE!" then hangs up. I drove in the next day and brought a friend with me as my witness. Walked in and saw Kathy playing on the computer just chilling, obviously too busy to take care of any insurance. Anyway, I told her who I was and that I was here because I was not comfortable without documentation for this written off bill. (I've never had a bill written off) Kathy stares at me coldly for a while then snaps and says exactly, "YOULL HAVE TO SPEAK TO THE DR! I AM TIRED OF DEALING WITH THIS! THIS HAS BEEN RIDICULOUS! I DONT SEE WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS!" (There were patients in the hall way as she raised her voice to me) The big deal was that I didn't trust them, and I wanted it to protect me due to the shady/unethical way they handled my billing, I felt like they would turn around and bill me through a collection agency with a high interest. I never asked for it to be written off, I just wanted my insurance, money that I paid every paycheck, to go towards my bill, regardless of how much it was. Kathy stormed off and yells to dr christy, "YOU TALK TO HER!" and hid in one of the patient rooms. There was an elderly couple there (patients) asking eachother, "was that kathy?" with surprised looks on their faces. I said nothing to offend this woman, just that I wasn't comfortable not having my documentation. Dr.Christy comes out and my friend was upset and surprised by Kathy's behavior that she intervened and told the Dr. there is no reason why I shouldn't have any documentation of a written off bill. She has had a written off bill before and was always provided documentation with no problems. Dr.Christy, already in a mood said that there is nothing to give me and that i was being ridiculous and was i thinking that she would turn around and bill me. I gave her my honest answer, "Yes I do." She didn't like that one bit and went off! Surprised? At this point, I felt like I was the one working there and the ones working there were angry customers of MINE. I didn't understand why they were so upset, lol it should have been me that was angry but I stayed calm the whole time. Dr.Christy grabs a pen and continues to yell while walking back and forth through the rooms. She was not good at confrontations, even though I stayed calm the whole time, she could not talk to me like a professional eye to eye. She yelled that she will write my documentation and then this will be the last time. I responded exactly, "And this will be the last time I come here." She yells, "GOOD! PLEASE DONT COME BACK THANK YOU!" I then say, "No, thank YOU." After she gets all that out of her system, she snobbishly asks, "has anyone else had this problem with us before?" I ignored her. She then asks, "have you had this problem before?" I ignored her again because it wasn't any business of hers, i just was very relieved to get my documentation and be done. It took almost 8 months to get my billing for a physical resolved! Everyone I asked advice on this for, said that it was very suspicious and unethical for them to blow up and refuse me any sort of bill or documentation in the first place and should be reported to the attorney general for investigation. I didn't shout, no bad language or name calling came out of my mouth, just the words, "documentation." The way they treated me was uncalled for and not professional. I do hope this gets investigated very soon, because everything I have wrote is the truth. I don't know what it was about me that offended them so much just asking for a piece of paper that served a peace of mind. I'm happy I got my documentation =)

July 24th, 2014
bad news, lousy doctor
This clinic was the worst i have ever dealt with. My friend got the run around trying to get them to even submit her bill to her insurance. They brushed her off repeatedly and hung up on her calls. I personally witenessed their rudeness and unprofessionalism when i went with her to get the issue of the bill solved. I could not believe how offensive the resceptionist and doctor were. Do not go to this doctor.

January 10th, 2014
The Doctor
This is who you call for the best care. She and her receptionist are very nice and helpful. Dr. Pam will explain things to you and answer any questions you have. She listens. She doesn't give up until there is a solution. The prices are absolutely great. I found out about her through many different people and towns. We have a big hospital in our town and I was not impressed with their care. There is another hospital 25 minutes away with the same review. I had to drive 45 minutes to see Dr. Pam and I will be doing it for the rest of my time in this area.