Dr. Pamela Cohen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 16th, 2013
Wow, we got exceptional support for our mother.
My 80+ year old mother had a complicated recovery from aortic valve transplant surgery. She had become frail, had a lot of pain, and had lost the ability to walk and do basic things like dress herself. Also, my mother's mild dementia erupted into severe confusion and hallucinations after the surgery so my mother's situation was severe and we were desperate for help. Thank God Dr. Cohen was my mother's doctor. She was kind and sensitive to my mother and to my family. She created a holistic treatment plan and coordinated with other doctor's to make sure my mother had all the help she needed to get better. She also took time from her personal life and would call in the evening and on weekends to check on how things were going. I can't say enough good things about her! And when I sat down to write this review, I was shocked that someone had made negative comments. So, I talked with my siblings and with the family of my mother's roommate in the nursing home. Everyone had only great experiences to report so don't hesitate if you ever need help to call Dr. Cohen. She's an exceptionally caring and capable physician.

August 16th, 2013
Dr. Cohen is really on the ball! I took my father, who is suffering from general joint pain as he ages, in for a second opinion. While my father's condition is very advanced and he is not able to walk anymore, Dr. Cohen made him feel very much like a human being. Instead of other doctors, who roll in, make a quick diagnosis, and then leave, Dr. Cohen took the extra time to sit down with my father and explain his condition. She also showed him certain exercises he can do in his wheelchair to alleviate some of the pain he is experiencing. She seemed to really care about my fathers' total well being and not just 'fixing' his problem.

August 14th, 2013
Patient
I loved my experience with this doctor. She was very personable, helpful, and informative. I brought my mother in to her for her leg pain and Dr. Cohen set up an entire regiment for her recovery. She overlooked the physical therapy and truly cared about her patients. I would definitely recommend this doctor and have very much respect for her.

February 20th, 2013
Dr. Pamela E. Cohen visited my Mom,an Altzheimer's Patient and a week later came back,told Mom that she was unhappy that Mom did NOT remember Cohen's name! Cohen told Mom that she would have to sell her house,which really upset Mom! (When I arrived,I found Mom crying,with one ot the Aides that was caring for her!) In my opinion,this is NOT a Dr.! (She only saw Mom the 2 times! I stopped any other Visits from Cohen!) She must have "missed" the Bedside Manner Classes?