Family Physicians, Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

120 14th Ave SE
Ste C
Puyallup, WA 98372
253-435-5200
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  horrible and unprofessional  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2012

Firstly, I am taken to exam room. Two other females come in as well, to observe. Dr. Cowell did not introduce them or ask me, the patient, if it was okay. I have been a student before so would have been fine if she had explained what was going on. It was an embarassing procedure with nothing but a very tiny paper exam towel over me. And after blood was everywhere, I had only that and they gave me nothing to wipe with. I would've liked a towel and some privacy to change back into my clothes, but no, I had to ask for something, which ended up being another tiny paper towel making it even more difficult. While the doctor decides it is the perfect time to go through the cabinets complaining to the two observers that they need to be looking through them and telling her all of these things are expiring, going on and on about this while I'm still there half naked bleeding all over the bed and floor!! SOOOOOO AWFUL AND SOOOOO UNPROFESSIONAL! Highly unrecommended! This happened 2.5 years ago and I haven't had the chance or time to write this. I finally wanted to take this time to warn any patients out there looking for a local gyno. Good luck.

|  So So  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2012

Had an appointment in 2012 - waited for nearly 60min after scheduled appointment time - Ugh. The staff members behind the front desk were a bit less then friendly/professional, and a bit unorganized. One of them was dressed quite unprofessionally and she looked to be 16 - 17 years old. There was a mix-up with my insurance that could easily have been avoided - There was "little to none" in terms of consultation and explanation. Things just weren't explained and I left the office feeling confused and very uncomfortable. I can't say conclusively that I will ever return... I did like the physician and she seemed very experienced and knowledgable.

|  No way  |  show details
Mar 2nd, 2012

She skirted my questions and basically left me wondering if she really knew what she was doing. I felt very insecure in her care. I did not trust her judgement. In the end I found another gynecologist. My daughter had a similar experience with her.

|  What a great doctor  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2012

Dr. Cowell is a very personable, smart, and attentive doctor. I have numerous medical conditions and she did not feel overwhelmed and took the time to go over everything. She treated me with respect and was so kind! I am a nurse and I can be very critical of doctors. She is amazing! I will be her patient as long as she is in practice.

|  Wonderful & Helpful  |  show details
by S. Hill on Oct 26th, 2011

Dr. Cowell is patient and very helpful. She hit all of the important topics with knowledge and ease of experience. Today my health has improved greatly, thanks to her!! Also, her staff members are kind and caring, informative and patient.

|  I love Pamella Cowell!!!  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2011

She delivered my son and I had a wonerful exerience from start to finish....she has a great bedside manner and I love talking to her....over all I would recomend her to anyone!!!

|  unhappy with cowell !!!  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2011

I read some to the reviews and am glad i am not the only one who feels this way. First off... no one in her office speaks english clearly enough for me to understand what they are trying to communicate. I recieved a call after one of my visits about test results and could not even understand what the lady at cowells office was trying to tell me. This is my health we are talking about! Secondly.. I have also been run out of the office because they where having lunch. Third.. they do not get your bills to the correct location. Twice my bills from them have not made it to my house. Instead of calling me to let me know that I owe a balance I got a call from a collection agency! Overall terrible service and I will never go back there again!

|  Really?  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2011

Went to Dr Cowell in March of 2010. In Febuary of 2011 I get a call that I owe $3.65. Very strange no bill nothing prior. They ask for my debit card info over the phone. No way. I told them I would send a check. I forgot about it and they called again a week later threatning to turn me into collections. Really? Not going back wouldn't have anyway, little to odd for me.

|  Don't Bother  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2010

Dr. Cowell is completely full of herself. She will diagnose you based on what she feels is the issue. She will disregard any input or facts that you bring to her attention. Her staff all seem to really look up to her as they all act 100% just like her. This office is a waste of your time and money. They have a lot of openings for appointments for one reason and one reason only, no one in their right mind goes back after the first visit.

|  Cowell Pamela D Md - Mt Tahoma Gynecology  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Dec 28th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

My wife is very happy with this DR. She is very up front and caring for her patients. My wife is says she is much better than her past Drs...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  show details
Feb 25th, 2009

I have gone to Dr. Cowell for several years, just because she has all of my history. I know longer trust her, and I am looking for another doctor. My visit today honestly made me cry I was so sad, and upset, they were pretty much pushing me out the door so they could leave early, and they sched. me for another day (for something they could have done today) so they could leave. I am still in pain, and nothing was done about it. I dont feel like Dr. Cowell cares AT ALL