Dr. Pamela Horst MD Patient Reviews

3.0
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

October 8th, 2014
Please read and consider before choosing this doctor!
Dr. Horst did not relieve my pain during my six weeks in the "care" of Hospice of Central New York. Dr. Horst shifted the burden of proof of illness and pain to me when I was bed-ridden and roaring in pain, thereby violating rules/laws. Dr. Horst changed my sex, in writing, after six weeks: from female, which is true, to the slur which combines pronouns--prejudiced and dehumanizing. I did not seek death. I repeatedly vowed that my goal was to survive hospice. Hospice of Central New York created a contradiction of its own making: If its Director and Dr. Horst thought for a moment that I was not dying, and was merely anxious, depressed and suicidal, then by hospice rules and state laws alike they were legally bound to release me immediately. If they admitted me to hospice, which they did, then they were bound by hospice foundational rules and state laws, to help me alleviate pain so that I could spend time with loved ones. Our experience with Hospice of CNY was the opposite of “comfort, love and respect." My same-sex spouse and I am not merely reporting that Hospice of CNY did not meet our needs. I am protesting the fact that Drs. Setla and Horst made our lives much, much worse—they did, and only did, great and irreparable harm.