Dr. Pamela Royal Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Pamela Royal?

March 10th, 2015

Unprofessional and rude

I used to see Dr. Royal several years ago, but had to stop for unrelated personal reasons. I decided to return last year to get help with my adult acne. When I met with her, she was rude and arrogant. I got the impression that she was upset that I stopped seeing her. I blew it off because I just wanted to get the medication I needed...I had trouble getting one of my prescriptions filled because Dr. Royal's office never submitted authorization to my health insurance. When I returned 6 months later for a follow up, the nurse admitted they received the request from my pharmacist but they didn't follow up with my insurance. She apologized and Dr. Royal was a little nicer on that visit. I tried to get the same prescription filled, but this time I had to contact her office several times to get one of her assistants to communicate with my insurance so the prescription could be filled. They said they'd contact me but they never did. Whenever they made mistakes, they never owned up to them or apologized. They received a response from my insurance and still didn't notify the pharmacist. It took 3-4 weeks to get a prescription filled. I guess that's better than 6 months. The last straw came yesterday when I traveled an hour to Dr. Royal's office to only find out she wasn't in that day. They said they contacted me but I never received a call. Turns out they called the wrong number. They never apologized for not updating their records. They never apologized for the mistake that was made. They just looked at me and offered to reschedule my appointment. I live an hour away...do you honestly think I'm coming back?! If you happen to get on this woman's good side, then great, go see her. Otherwise find a PROFESSIONAL dermatologist with a COURTEOUS, INTELLIGENT staff that doesn't act like they're doing you a favor.

July 3rd, 2012

EXCELLENT DERMATOLOGIST!!

I have suffered with eczema for over thirty years, with "flareups" several times each year. Recently, it seemed as if the skin on my hands was literally breaking down, I had scaly patches on my scalp, and the intense itching associated with eczema was causing me to claw at my skin until it was red and raw.After several friends advised me to see Dr. Royal, I made an appointment and was impressed from the instant I met her. She not only displays superior medical knowledge and expertise, but she is more willing than most doctors I've encountered to thoroughly explain what your problem is, what caused it, and what can be done about it. One month after visiting her, my hands and scalp are looking and feeling great!Dr. Royal's office is well-maintained, and her staff is both efficient and courteous. I highly recommend this physician to anyone seeking a top-notch dermatologist.

June 12th, 2010

Very caring, professional

I very pleased to have her as my dermatologist. She does a very good job.

February 18th, 2009

mediocre

sees too many people a day, doesn't take needed time with each individual person

October 4th, 2017