A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Panayiotis Varelas:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Panayiotis Varelas, MD, PHD is board certified in Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Brain Aneurysm
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Intracerebral Hemorrhage (Bleeding In The Brain)
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Seizure Disorders
- Status Epilepticus
- Subarachnoid Hemorrhage
Education & Awards
Dr. Varelas graduated from University Of Athens.
Dr. Varelas has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Henry Ford Wyandotte Hospital
- Henry Ford Macomb Hospitals
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Varelas accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Health - 4 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 18 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Panayiotis N. Varelas practice?
Dr. Panayiotis Varelas practices Neurology near Detroit, MI.
Additional practice locations include: West Bloomfield, MI.
See Detroit Neurologists.