Dr. Pankaj Garg MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

October 2nd, 2016
Incompetent
Refused to complete basic paper work related to my documented injuries while insisting I undergo what I perceived to be risky surgery. Although he and his terrifying nurse practitioner were keen to perform and bill numerous physical examinations (redundant considering they administered one in the previous month, and I had one performed by the surgeon they sent me to two days prior). In sum, this practice is insensitive and motivated solely by financial incentives. Avoid these inept scoundrels.

September 12th, 2016
Very responsive and thorough MD
I don't understand some of the low ratings by other reviewers.. Brockport Internal Medicine's staff, NP's and Dr. Garg are rock solid, in my experience. I've been seeing him for a number of years. Office management is excellent: very efficient, low wait time, and pre-processing by nurse is effective. My wife and I rarely have difficulty getting appointments, and if the situation requires immediate attention, they will accommodate, within reason. Although time with each patient may sometimes seem short, Dr. Garg is attentive and takes time to answer any of my questions. And if I have concerns about my current medications, he will look into alternatives and get back shortly. (Advice to patients: Write out a list of your medical concerns before the appointment, and give it to the nurse).

September 2nd, 2016
The staff at this office is very cold and inconsiderate. They always seem like their mad at someone and this includes his wife. They always forget to turn the phones back on after lunch and we as patients have better things to do than to sit around and try to reach this office for what ever reason. They need to take customer service 101 all over again and maybe once more after that.

September 1st, 2016
refusing care to a hospice patient
My father was a patient of Dr Garg's for 15 years. He recently was placed on hospice. This week I received a call from my dads hospice nurse stating Dr Garg no longer wanted to take of him. This was all he said, no explanation and no phone call to us personally. I once worked for him and can't comprehend why he would do this to my father when he needs him the most.

December 15th, 2015
Excellent Dr

May 14th, 2014
Wouldn't recommend
Records are constantly incorrect. Doctor does not spend adequate time with you. Always feel as though you are being rushed through the appointment so the doctor can move on to the next patient. Poor follow up appointments. Get the impression you are just another co-pay. I would definitely not recommend to anybody.

December 6th, 2013
A few years ago Dr. Garg administered a cortisone injection into my right shoulder. I’d been told by many people how painful these injections were and was surprised that my injection was almost painless. I asked the nurse why- - she laughed and said because he's good at it. About a year later his Nurse Practitioner prescribed a antibiotic called Avalux that it turned out I was allergic to- my reaction was severe but I made it back to the office. While everybody in the place seemed to be in a horrified panic Garg remained completely calm and simply administered the medications monitored the vitals and and re-administered as needed until I was good. That event impressed me greatly as to his ability to cooley handle a crisis situation.

November 16th, 2010
GARG IS OK. BUT THE NURSE PRACTITIONER IS TERRIBLE. SHE HAS BEEN WRONG ON 75% OF HER DIAGNOSES WITH MY FAMILY.