Dr. Paolo Bolognese MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 1st, 2016
Do not let this man near you. He is a medical con man.
Do not let this man near you with a knife. He is all personality and "European chard", but he talked us into three surgeries that were not needed. He was kicked off the staff at North Shore and cannot now get privileges at any of the top flight hospitals here. He has been sued 20 times and the newspaper just had an article that he is being sued by 3 more patients. Please, for you your sake, and your children's sake, do not let this man's charm talk you into crippling your children for life.

November 1st, 2016
Dr B saved my daughter from near death!, she was paralyzed and so close to dying when she was brought into the OR...We are thankful to him every day.. All 3 of my children have chiari, eds 2 with syringomyelia.. They have all been decompressed by dr b :D Love him!

August 5th, 2016
I saw Dr. Bolognese in 2002 after a failed decompression surgery from a different NS. Bolognese told me that I needed to have surgeries that I later found out I did not need. Unfortunately, I let him operate on me and my life has not been the same since. I did not agree to all of the procedures he told me I would need, thank God! But my life is still ruined from letting him operate on me. I live with constant severe headaches, neck pain, nausea and vomiting. I have debilitating headaches 24 hours a day, every day! Following my surgery, I received negligent care to say the least. The care I received was horrible. I saw Bolognese once right after the surgery, which I didn't even remember. Didn't see him again while I recovered! I have talked with so many people that have received unnecessary surgeries from this man! He has destroyed so many lives, including mine! He has far more horror stories than positive outcomes! I would not go to him if I was offered a million dollars! He is arrogant, egomaniacal, and seriously dangerous! He lined his pockets with money he made from unnecessary surgeries, consequently ruining the lives of people who had already been suffering considerably. He should not be allowed to practice medicine period! Do yourself a favor and Google how many open law suits he has against him.

March 3rd, 2016
Find another Dr
Did not have a good feeling after appointment and did not schedule surgery. Had Chiari I and was told I had hydrocephalus. Plan was to do decompression surgery and insert shunt into brain. Went home and as symptoms continued, saw dr in Houston. Was told by this dr that I did not have hydrocephalus. Was told I would have undergone an enormous surgery by this dr part of it unnessary. This dr does unnessary surgeries and puts patients under considerable risk. So glad I listened to my gut feeling re his arrogance and his telling me how rich he was!!!

February 25th, 2016
We actually flew into NYC for a Friday appointment and they had a huge snow storm.....they closed the office, but he met us at the clinic and spent several hours with us explaining everything. His staff has been awesome to work with!

January 27th, 2016
Saved my daughter's life.

November 23rd, 2015
Mother
Dr. Bolognese performed a Chiari Malformation surgery last Thursday on my Son Ramy 30 years old after suffering concussion and dizeness caused by the malformation. Dr. Bolognese is wonderful, make me and my son confedent about the surgery. All his team is wonderful and professional. We are so lucky that he's the one performed the surgery, my son walked the next day and out of the hospital in the 5th day. He gave my son his life back As a mother I can't ask for better doctor

January 22nd, 2013
Dr. B saved my life! Amazing man, not enough space to give him proper praise! 12 year medical nightmare, traveled all over the U.S.(mayo and cleveland clinics, M.H.N.I, Johns hopkins,.....)after numerous wrong diagnosis's, and being told to just live with it and go to pain rehab, we finally figured out the real problem. I went to 5 chiari neurosurgeons for opinions and Dr. B and Fraser Henderson where the only 2 that could figure out the whole picture! An alarming percentage of his surgeries are redos from other surgeons screw ups. This is the guy you want! Best decision I ever made, he gave me my life back! Down to earth guy, takes his time with you and explains everything!

April 18th, 2011
mrs.carrie dawn price-nix
I have been a patient at TCI before it was an instiute, it was a center! Dr.B is my Angel Dr.! he saved my life! he & dr.M believed me and knew what was wrong, and fixed it! When pieces of me break he is right there to fix it, it's 2011 and i've been going there since 2002, i've had other dr.s touch me because of traveling, and it was a waste because i wound up back in N.Y. for him to fix me! He is the best out there! truly my angel! luv u dr.B!!

January 3rd, 2011
Touched by an angel!
This doctor KNOWS what he is doing. We spent 2 years going from doctor to doctor, hospital to hospital wondering what was wrong with my daughter watching her dwindle away. With one appointment he diagnosed her; performed surgery shortly thereafter and with in 6 months I have my daughter back.ONLY a few headaches but not the same kind she had before. Her grades have gone up. She even attends school now. She is 98% better. I am so taken by this doctor and his knowledge. There is a special place in my heart where he resides.Thank God for miracles like him.

November 8th, 2010
The best! Saved my 17 year daughter's life. Thank you!! I could never say enough good things about this doctor.

October 21st, 2010
The Best...
This man made a huge difference in the lives of our children. He is a brillaint and caring doctor who is working on disorders that are very controversial and puts himself in the line of fire for his patients. We have gladly put the lives of our children and myself in his hands and will continue to do so.